The Falcons VS. The Mighty Richlands!

kineticks

you know...when i read the first post, it was pretty low ball...but, you actually have a point here...I hope that someone in the Richlands crew helps these boys out after the games are all over with, they will probably need some even if they get some sort of college scholarship be it local or whatever. I hope they do well after high school with whatever they do.

Come on Lance, Maybe it was well meant, but you still do not need to question a 16 year old's intelligence here in a public forum period ! I don't care if it is about a Richlands player or a Abingdon player or a Grundy player.

Maybe I'm wrong and a little to close to the situation being a blues fan, but I don't think so.

What does anybody else think ?

Should we start making comments about the kids on a team like this or stay away from it ? I know what I'll do.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hokiehaven

First off I have no relation to Abingdon or could careless about them. I enjoy area sports and area teams. I get to talk to a lot of different people and coaches from the area. So you can go post it on Fox news for all I care. I hope the best for the Johnson boys and would love to see them in a D1 program or a major college. That's just something we can add to how great our area is. However, like I said before, I hope these kids are not setup to fail once their lives begin after high school. Too often we create the "Friday Night Light" scenario for these kids. I do not expect Richland fans to like my comments. At least see both sides of the fence. Either way, I'm sure I'll be made into a races pig or some sort of negative comment.

I hope their support system sticks with them...

First off I have no relation to Abingdon or could careless about them. I enjoy area sports and area teams. I get to talk to a lot of different people and coaches from the area. So you can go post it on Fox news for all I care. I hope the best for the Johnson boys and would love to see them in a D1 program or a major college. That's just something we can add to how great our area is. However, like I said before, I hope these kids are not setup to fail once their lives begin after high school. Too often we create the "Friday Night Light" scenario for these kids. I do not expect Richland fans to like my comments. At least see both sides of the fence. Either way, I'm sure I'll be made into a races pig or some sort of negative comment.

Listen, regardless of what you may believe, the Johnson family moved here on their own accord with thier family. You make it sound like Greg Mance went to the orphanage looking for stud athletes that will be thrown away after they graduate. Yes they moved here for football. No they were not recruited. Richlands High School's responsibility to them is the same as any other student. Which is to teach them the skills they need to graduate from high school and enter college. Devon has an offer from The University of Virginia. They don't make offers to kids who can't cut it in the classroom, so that alone should put your mind at ease.

Listen, regardless of what you may believe, the Johnson family moved here on their own accord with thier family. You make it sound like Greg Mance went to the orphanage looking for stud athletes that will be thrown away after they graduate. Yes they moved here for football. No they were not recruited. Richlands High School's responsibility to them is the same as any other student. Which is to teach them the skills they need to graduate from high school and enter college. Devon has an offer from The University of Virginia. They don't make offers to kids who can't cut it in the classroom, so that alone should put your mind at ease.

If Mike London's made an official offer to this kid, that's all I need to know about him.

Guest hokiehaven

First off I never said anything about their recruiting or why they came. I've never accused Richland’s of such. To me if you're that good who gives a crap if somebody wants to play for that school? If you don't want it to happen recruit yourself or beat them. Second, offers are given out often not based on academic performances. At his point in high school he probably has not even taken the PSAT. Therefore, no college admissions have any idea of his existence, besides athletics. Also, your class load up till then is mute. If their grades are in question they go to prep school. UVA great school, but offer does not mean much besides how much talent he has.

I don't think i called you racist or pig or any other name !

I understand your point, but I'll say it again, you questioned a "16" year old's intelligence in public and used his name. " Asking if anyone has heard them talk " and then " WOW " seems to me you were more about trying to make fun of the kid and then disguise it like you are worried about him.

That's the problem I have with it. If you want to question the Richlands program for how they educate their kids then that's your right, but you didn't have to call him by name.

I think also if you look at the kids that have went on to college from Richlands especially since Mance has been there speaks for itself.

Anyway, maybe I mistook the whole thing, if I did, then I apologize, but I don't think I did.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

but they might want to focus on their reading and writing skills before ever thinking about a D1 program.

Either way, I'm sure I'll be made into a races pig or some sort of negative comment.

Races, huh?.....classic

I'm surprised the Johnson boys are able to play. Have you heard them talk...? Wow? .

Your opening remark speaks VOLUMES!!!

Then you try to "rein it back in" with a diatribe on their reading and writing skills.

I'm a Blues fans and I don't have a clue about their grades or their R&W skills, so, how would you, an outsider as you claim to be....know anything about their performance in the classroom.

What was the purpose for such a disparaging comment??? Your grave concern on their classroom performance???

Since you're talking to other schools and coaches have you also, been delving into their football roster and expressing concerns about some of their athletes grades.....and THE WAY THEY TALK.

My last post on this thread.....I would rather have a young man that knows when to say, "yes sir, no sir"....than someone with proper writing skills that has probably never uttered those words too many times in their lives.

Maybe I'm wrong and a little to close to the situation being a blues fan, but I don't think so.

No, sometimes you're a little more p.c. than I care to be (which is obviously not a bad thing), but I agree with you 100% on this. I don't mind negative comments about teams, but making comments about individual players crosses all lines of decency....

Don't expect Bulldog_52 to agree with us on this one

I've looked forward this week to see the falcons get whats been coming to them. But, am I the only one noticing the 2 clowns that stir the pot on here are MIA?? Where are ya boys? Where is the great Falconman and Southbound? Come out of hiding, take your whipping like men.

I've looked forward this week to see the falcons get whats been coming to them. But, am I the only one noticing the 2 clowns that stir the pot on here are MIA?? Where are ya boys? Where is the great Falconman and Southbound? Come out of hiding, take your whipping like men.

lol, we have a better chance of finding bin laden this week than those 2. They're in a bunker somewhere, as they know that there will be no stopping the tornado coming through. Sadly, their team still has to show up friday night and take a trip to the woodshed.

They must really make extremely ROSE colored glasses in Abingdon. Richlands will put it away in first half. Mance want run up the score despite some of the goofy pridictions on here.

Richlands 48 Abingdon 16 Most if not all Abingdon points agaist JV team in second half.

Come on Lance, Maybe it was well meant, but you still do not need to question a 16 year old's intelligence here in a public forum period ! I don't care if it is about a Richlands player or a Abingdon player or a Grundy player.

What does anybody else think ?

Should we start making comments about the kids on a team like this or stay away from it ? I know what I'll do.

i didnt say i agreed with anything the guy said beyond the part about someone helping them out after football is over...the rest of it is pretty much low ball in my opinion...but, there is a point to what he said about them after the games are over. That's all i was saying...i've never said anything negative about the Johnson boys and don't plan on it...my point was i hope someone in the Richlands crew helps them out a little when it comes time for college...without a parent around, i'm sure they will need some help/guidance.

I agree with you big time Bigrhsfan. When the banter on here singles out players and personel issues you have crossed a line that most people have a hard time accepting. I don't know the bonehead who is posting this stuff (Lance) but he is way out of line. Its OK to be a fan of you're team and give a little shot to fellow posters but stay away from the players, on all teams. They are out there giving thier all every week so we can have the experience of our own Friday night lights. There's nothing like a good highschool football game. They play for the love of the game and most highschoolers never play at any levels past that. The lucky ones who put in lots of work do and congrarts to them. Grow up Lance and quit this type of posts. You can say anything you want about me, I'm fair game but stay from negative stuff about the players, of all teams. Remember the old saying of you reap what you so (Lance). You fall into this category as well hokiehaven. Complete bonehead. No class whatsoever.

Edited by Gizmo777

I agree with you big time Bigrhsfan. When the banter on here singles out players and personel issues you have crossed a line that most people have a hard time accepting. I don't know the bonehead who is posting this stuff (Lance) but he is way out of line. Its OK to be a fan of you're team and give a little shot to fellow posters but stay away from the players, on all teams. They are out there giving thier all every week so we can have the experience of our own Friday night lights. There's nothing like a good highschool football game. They play for the love of the game and most highschoolers never play at any levels past that. The lucky ones who put in lots of work do and congrarts to them. Grow up Lance and quit this type of posts. You can say anything you want about me, I'm fair game but stay from negative stuff about the players, of all teams. Remember the old saying of you reap what you so (Lance). You fall into this category as well hokiehaven. Complete bonehead. No class whatsoever.

I think you are mistaken. Lance cleared up his view on the subject...I think your only beef here is with hokiehaven.

Speaking of showing up last week at halftime somone asked if a team had ever not came back out for the second half. If those coments get to the loker room there will not be a second half. If you are worried bout a players ed why would you put him down in public way out of line. Please mance let him do his talking on the field. How can you use the bassett game richlands had 5 starters out including both johnson boys and 3 others on def

It appears you may be correct about this matter and Lance BigBlueAlum. If you were not trying to put fuel on this worthless post then I'm sorry to you for my comments about you Lance. Why in the world does anybody start such pointless, unjustified posts on here. Lets just talk football and leave personal stuff about players off.

"You that be without sin cast the first stone" Every school has alumni that could do more for thier graduates and not just football players ethier. The only way to improve this is by doing something you'reself, and maybe people will follow suit.

They took a wrong turn in Gate City and are lost in the wilds of Hancock Co. TN. That is what happens when you trust those dang GPS machines.

Is there anyone here who could influence Mance to not call off the dogs before halftime?

It would be nice to see a 96-6 game so maybe once and for all we could put an end to this Abingdon rah-rah crowd.

It is good for a few laughs from time to time i must admit.

Look, guys, any realistic Abingdon fan with any hope, or intelligence AT ALL would understand that this will not be a very close game. It is OBVIOUS that this guy, and any others who predict an Abingdon win are just trying to provoke you. It's sad that Richlands team members or coaches might read this and let it incentivize them even more. If that could happen - don't think it could this year - they are on their way to state finals.

These Abingdon posters don't have a CLUE what they are doing to hurt their team, and maybe affect the rest of the season. Actually, what's most sad, is that they clearly and obviously don't care. Don't care even a whit. They just want to post their stupid, inane comments here and and provoke controversey. They know that you are going to post 30 or 40 posts about what idiots they are. They just don't give a whit what it may do to affect their team, they just like that you are responding to THEM!

Heck, I enjoy telling them what idiots they are. Just hate having a daughter going to a school that produces such idiots.

Abingdon is actually pretty good and will win several games this year. Jake Hess is a very, very good qb. Heck, if they were Division I, they'd probably make the playoffs and may go far - like Burton probably will, a D-1 team that beat them last week. But, alas, they are Division 4. God help them this week with tweaking you guys.

This is exactly why i come on here and post because the richlands fans idolize the tornadoes! we will win because crosswhite will run outside just like basset did to kill you guys!!!! the score didnt show it but basset shouldve won that game! Unlike last year we are alot more physical and bigger on our offense line so mr will lowe will have a tough time making plays in backfield! i believe our new transfer will keep brad strong on lockdown because we will keep the ball out of his hands im just saying this year is our year BLONADERS!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Bassett game is the only tape or game that you have seen from the Blues this year and are going off of things form that game you are sadly mistaken. It was a preseason game were you work on things to get better and beleave me from that game to now the Blues are 100% better. If you don't beleave me juat ask people from GC, Honaker, or PV.

It appears you may be correct about this matter and Lance BigBlueAlum. If you were not trying to put fuel on this worthless post then I'm sorry to you for my comments about you Lance. Why in the world does anybody start such pointless, unjustified posts on here. Lets just talk football and leave personal stuff about players off.

"You that be without sin cast the first stone" Every school has alumni that could do more for thier graduates and not just football players ethier. The only way to improve this is by doing something you'reself, and maybe people will follow suit.

i didn't say anything wrong here...so not sure if you didn't read the whole thing or not, but I was actually supporting the Johnson kids with my comments. All I was trying to get across is that these kids lost their father and will probably need some help...and I hope someone who has some pull in the Richlands Nation will help them out after football is over with. Used to be back years ago, kids like that were taken care of, now I think they are more often than not forgotten about...this is a critical time for these young men and I hope someone will be there to help them with the decisions they will face after school...maybe they already have that from another family member, I don't know. I just feel bad for anyone that loses a parent, much less before they finish school...the next 4 to 5 years will decide what sort of life they will live...so, just saying...of all that was said in the original post the other guy made, there was a point in there that was valid...the rest of it I think was a bit over the line...which is why I even commented to begin with, I thought that was something worth talking about.

Valid point Lance and I did not read all of the listings for the post. I apologize to you for that and it does appear that you are making a good point about the support needed after losing a parent. It is not something any highschooler should have to deal with. May God bless these boys and thier families.

Speaking of showing up last week at halftime somone asked if a team had ever not came back out for the second half. If those coments get to the loker room there will not be a second half.

10/21/05 comes to mind

Congrats on making yourself look like the biggest idiot of them all!You should feel proud.The Johnson Boys along with the rest of Richlands football team are very bright kids. You wouldnt know that though, considering you sit at home on your comp. talkin crap about 15-18 yr old boys. You must feel real accomplished!! On the bright side, Go BLUES. Going to be a BLOWOUT!

I'm surprised the Johnson boys are able to play. Have you heard them talk...? Wow? I would love to know how Devon is getting through school. He might be a nice kid, but they might want to focus on their reading and writing skills before ever thinking about a D1 program.

Well personally i believe the tornadoes are overrated! they havent played anyone to the caliber of J.I. Burton and as a falcon we gave J I all they wanted we just had some mistakes and the REFS were horrible!!!!!!!!!! I have heard that crosswhite wasnt at 100% last week but he is coming out at 110% this week!!!! since richlands lost their star player, Austin Johnson, there wont be anyone that will hurt us with speed! the new transfer will easily score at least 3 touchdowns on Richlands so im feeling the Falcons are going 2-1 on friday! Because we all know that Falcon Hill is a crazy place to be at in the Fall!!!! give me some predictions!!!

My prediction is 62-21 Richlands