stuff that is said here...PLEASE READ!!!

Lance

Just a quick note here...

I don't really like to edit, censor, or delete what people say here...I like to keep things open for discussion and sometimes someone says something stupid...we address it and move on for the most part and it goes away on it's own.

I've been running sites like this for many years, I've seen what happens when you start to control what people say and to be honest I don't like it. I like to offer you guys up a place where you can discuss whatever you want and not really have a big fuss over what is said.

That being said, we are dealing a lot with high school sports and kids here...we need to keep that in mind with what is said and not get too personal with it...if you don't like someone, fine then just say so...but don't insult that person or try to berate them as a human...that's just going over the line a little...and it's happened here recently more and more.

I know a lot of kids get on here and like to trash talk the other schools...we all make fun of Southbound and goof around about the Abingdon crowd and so on...that's all fine...for the most part it stays pretty clean and good natured.

So...going forward, please keep it PG-13 rated as far as language goes...that's the way it's been here since day 1...we keep it clean, if you can't get your point across without some sort of cuss word every few words then you need to find another crowd to hang with...it's not like that here.

Please do not have any personal attacks on the kids that play ball around here...this is really not the place for it, you might check topix if you feel the need to bash someone so badly...just don't do it here. It's one thing to be calling out a coach that is a grown man and saying he needs to be fired...then it's another to say stuff about a kid that's playing ball. I realize a lot of this comes from other kids...and that's just the nature of forums like this to have that sort of thing...but I REALLY do not want it going on here anymore....so again...please just be respectful and keep it clean.

If anyone has a problem with something, drop me PM and I'll discuss it with you...if you feel something needs to be removed, same thing...let me know and I will take a look at it...but please understand I'm not going to just go and delete most things that are said because soemone doesn't like them...but, at some point we have to find a balance between censorship and common courtesy.

Well said Lance.

The only thing I will say is, if there is a post with a personal attack that degrades a player on any team, that should be deleted right there & then, and that would stop it.

I don't like censorship either and I don't think anyone that lives in this country does, but when someone degrades an underage kid then maybe a little is needed.

Talking about a team in general is one thing and I think that's fine, just don't get personal about any individual players.

I don't t like the use of profane language either ( not that I'm a goody 2 shoes, far from it ) but I can take that over personal attacks on " any " of the players.

Now, like Forrest Gump.......that's all I got to say about that... !

Well said Lance.

The only thing I will say is, if there is a post with a personal attack that degrades a player on any team, that should be deleted right there & then, and that would stop it.

I don't like censorship either and I don't think anyone that lives in this country does, but when someone degrades an underage kid then maybe a little is needed.

Talking about a team in general is one thing and I think that's fine, just don't get personal about any individual players.

I don't t like the use of profane language either ( not that I'm a goody 2 shoes, far from it ) but I can take that over personal attacks on " any " of the players.

Now, like Forrest Gump.......that's all I got to say about that... !

that is pretty much what I'm thinking for future posts...damage is done on the stuff that is already there...if it's bad enough that I have to delete the post I will also probably ban the person who posted it as well.

Great post Lance. I totally agree. I am an admin on a Bama site that has a unique rules perspective. We don’t allow personal attacks, and you must respect another poster’s opinion. No disrespecting another member’s opinion is allowed. Period. We don’t allow cursing (there is a filter installed to catch certain words) and we don’t allow anyone to trash the players or coaches. Opinions are welcomed, after all that is what the message boards are for, but you can disagree with someone without calling them a f***ing idiot. Once these lines are crossed, the member gets a warning or a vacation, depending on the severity of the violation. If it happens again, the member gets a longer vacation. If it happens a third time, three strikes and you are out. I am not suggesting all of these rules will work for every website, and maybe it wouldn’t work here, but it sure would be refreshing to see people on here who disagree say something like “you make a valid point, but i have another perspective” or “I respect what you are saying, but I disagree” instead of saying “get your head out of your arse and join the real world”, or “you’re a freaking idiot if you think that’s true”.

Just thought I would give this a shot. I have been just as guilty as anyone else on here in the past by losing my cool and saying things I shouldn’t say, partly because the rules here don’t seem to be as strict as they are on my other site, but lately I am trying to behave myself and not get caught up in arguing with these kids who come on here and do nothing but trash talk and disrespect other members. Maybe a stern warning to the trash talkers wouldn’t be such a bad idea. JMO.

Edited by blueinbama

Guest zeus71
Just a quick note here...

I don't really like to edit, censor, or delete what people say here...I like to keep things open for discussion and sometimes someone says something stupid...we address it and move on for the most part and it goes away on it's own.

I've been running sites like this for many years, I've seen what happens when you start to control what people say and to be honest I don't like it. I like to offer you guys up a place where you can discuss whatever you want and not really have a big fuss over what is said.

That being said, we are dealing a lot with high school sports and kids here...we need to keep that in mind with what is said and not get too personal with it...if you don't like someone, fine then just say so...but don't insult that person or try to berate them as a human...that's just going over the line a little...and it's happened here recently more and more.

I know a lot of kids get on here and like to trash talk the other schools...we all make fun of Southbound and goof around about the Abingdon crowd and so on...that's all fine...for the most part it stays pretty clean and good natured.

So...going forward, please keep it PG-13 rated as far as language goes...that's the way it's been here since day 1...we keep it clean, if you can't get your point across without some sort of cuss word every few words then you need to find another crowd to hang with...it's not like that here.

Please do not have any personal attacks on the kids that play ball around here...this is really not the place for it, you might check topix if you feel the need to bash someone so badly...just don't do it here. It's one thing to be calling out a coach that is a grown man and saying he needs to be fired...then it's another to say stuff about a kid that's playing ball. I realize a lot of this comes from other kids...and that's just the nature of forums like this to have that sort of thing...but I REALLY do not want it going on here anymore....so again...please just be respectful and keep it clean.

If anyone has a problem with something, drop me PM and I'll discuss it with you...if you feel something needs to be removed, same thing...let me know and I will take a look at it...but please understand I'm not going to just go and delete most things that are said because soemone doesn't like them...but, at some point we have to find a balance between censorship and common courtesy.

You and G man are one of the biggest trash talkers on here. Yall love to stir stuff to smell it. Thats why this website has basically lost all credibility. It has turned into a red neck non football knowing website. If you want to find something out about sports or teams this has become the last place you go unless you don't know any better. I do however agree that we are talking about 16, 17 year old kids and no names need to be brought up. Nor do personal situations, these are juvenilles. Some people on here really need to grow up and quit living vicariously through there local team. This is not a gossip forum it should be an informative athletic forum. Here lately it has been far from that.

You and G man are one of the biggest trash talkers on here. Yall love to stir stuff to smell it. Thats why this website has basically lost all credibility. It has turned into a red neck non football knowing website. If you want to find something out about sports or teams this has become the last place you go unless you don't know any better. I do however agree that we are talking about 16, 17 year old kids and no names need to be brought up. Nor do personal situations, these are juvenilles. Some people on here really need to grow up and quit living vicariously through there local team. This is not a gossip forum it should be an informative athletic forum. Here lately it has been far from that.

I completely disagree! this is a football and other sport based site

You've been walking a tight rope for a long time on here so...you can leave now...let me help you out the door...:D

banhammer_forecast.gif

You and G man are one of the biggest trash talkers on here. Yall love to stir stuff to smell it.

Funny how you misconstrue things.

I post nothing but the truth with facts to support it. I don't sugar coat things, I tell it like it is. Some people can't handle that...you, obviously, are one of those people. I mean, all you have to do is look at my signature...Bluefield_Rules said it best when others accused me of "trash-talking" on another message forum:

"He’s harsh, he’s brash, and he brings a “wow-factor” with his comments." - Bluefield_Rules, 10/22/09, WVPreps.

anyone else who feels this way, go ahead and just hit the road now...if you have a problem with me or gman that's fine, you don't have to agree with what we think, say, or do...we give you guys a lot more room for your opinions here than you will get on most forums...bottom line right now is this:

If you don't like it here...then just leave.

Why would you visit here if you think this way???

It's one thing to stir the pot every now and then, that's fine with me... it's another to single out a player and attack him...that's the point here in case you missed it....that's what we are talking about right now...that is what will not happen here.

Anyone that doesn't like it or anything else here...speak up now so we can send you on your way.

You've been walking a tight rope for a long time on here so...you can leave now...let me help you out the door...:D

banhammer_forecast.gif

That never gets old. It may be the greatest single image ive ever seen haha.

Geez, thats why a forum exist's man, to discuss topics, to stir debates, to boldly tell everyone how much better your team is then everyone else, lol. Lance and Gman dont say anything bad about anyone, they have theri own opinions, like entitled to, and like Gman said, are supported by a buttload of facts, lol. I love reading their posts, nothing wrong with "stirring the pot", whats wrong is when people get on and single out individuals, especially students and degrade them or have negative or derogatory things to say.

Doesn't do any good. And i agree with lance.

But everyone is entitled to say what they want, just keep it cordial and semi-clean.

Like one of my college buddies said "If you can't say anything nice, keep ya yap shut, ya idiot."

i need some sleep

• 1 year later...

Since I had to ban someone today for doing this...I guess I need to send it back up to the top so people can read it again!

First violation you will be banned.

DANG!!!! Almost broke out the hammer again on this guy until I realized this thread was over a year old...shows you how much this post yanked my crank...

DANG!!!! Almost broke out the hammer again on this guy until I realized this post was over a year old...shows you how much this post yanked my crank...

LoL.

I perused through this thread anyway just so I could see the "ban hammer" again in all it's glory.

DANG!!!! Almost broke out the hammer again on this guy until I realized this thread was over a year old...shows you how much this post yanked my crank...

You should have done it anyway just on principal.........and ban him again every time you read it. lol