Falcons still better than Gate City

Falconman

I should never have gave my real opinion on here.

I never said that the only bad calls were against Abingdon, but as a Richlands fan, I was giving " my " opinion from my perspective as a blues fan. My opinion, not anybody else's. Not all the Richlands fans feel the same way as I do so don't lump all of them in with me. I'm the poor sport ! You have a problem with me, then take it up with me !!

But you know, your right, I believe I will keep my opinion to myself from now on. I knew better then to bring it up and yet I did it anyway. I probably could have worded it better then I did, but I will not back off from what "I' believed I saw. So I think I will stick my head in the sand act like nothing ever happen. And I can promise to all the Richlands fans that if I embarrassed you with my post, it will not happen again. I will never say anything about the refs again !

Thanks for opening my eyes !

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gate City would roll you guys........as pointed out, the Richlands left tackle didn't start and the starting center sat out a good part of the game due to injury.

Are you serious? Gate City can't roll dough . We would destroy them.

Are you serious? Gate City can't roll dough . We would destroy them.

We rolled tazewell, beat a 5A Tennessee school (sullivan south) and rolled our rival lebanon. I'm sure our jv would be in against abingdon in about half a quarter, but probably not. We like to run up the score on pricks like you that talk trash about us. We scheduled you for last year, and guess what? You didn't accept it. Why? because your coaches didn't want another check mark in the loss column

Gate City is 26-9 all-time versus the mighty Falcons, including 10-1 in the last 11 times played. The only win by the falcons coming in the GC losing season of 1998 by a whopping 20-8 score. From 1993-1997 the falcons only managed to score six points in 7 games. In all games since 1992 GC has outscored Abingdon 295 -59 (24.58-4.91) in games all-time GC has outscored them 23.66 to 8.83! GC has shutout Abingdon 11 times in 35 games, the falcons shutout GC once. With both teams in the same district GC has 17 district titles, 16 regional titles, and 3 State Championships! How many do the great and mighty falcons have?

So i can see where you could get your confidence from, heck you guys probably are State Championship material. You could get a trophy and put it beside all your other trophies in football. it shouldn't take a big case to display them all. Heck if we are going to talk about what if's and other mythical stuff, i gotta go, i need to feed my unicorn and take Sasquatch out for a walk... heck i may go by and look at the Db state title trophies.

Gate City is 26-9 all-time versus the mighty Falcons, including 10-1 in the last 11 times played. The only win by the falcons coming in the GC losing season of 1998 by a whopping 20-8 score. From 1993-1997 the falcons only managed to score six points in 7 games. In all games since 1992 GC has outscored Abingdon 295 -59 (24.58-4.91) in games all-time GC has outscored them 23.66 to 8.83! GC has shutout Abingdon 11 times in 35 games, the falcons shutout GC once. With both teams in the same district GC has 17 district titles, 16 regional titles, and 3 State Championships! How many do the great and mighty falcons have?

So i can see where you could get your confidence from, heck you guys probably are State Championship material. You could get a trophy and put it beside all your other trophies in football. it shouldn't take a big case to display them all. Heck if we are going to talk about what if's and other mythical stuff, i gotta go, i need to feed my unicorn and take Sasquatch out for a walk... heck i may go by and look at the Db state title trophies.

Game, set, match!

LOL, pwned. I think that's how people the ages of the falcon fans on here would say it.

you guys would totally get beat by Gate City. Why didnt Abingdon schedule them this year, i dont know maybe they were scared of them?

When GC raises their level of play , we will schedule them, but until then they'll have to wait. Richlands 31 GC 0.

When GC raises their level of play , we will schedule them, but until then they'll have to wait. Richlands 31 GC 0.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Level of play, we are 3-1 only loss to Richlands which is a GREAT team. oh did i mention we beat a 5a tennessee school? yeah, you guys would have problems taking on rye cove. So stfu, abingdon is never going to do anything. Your mediocrity of an athletic program amuses me and you get on here and talk trash about the good programs. did you know in the state of virginia that gate city is #2 in win percentage of all time? where is abingdon? oh yeah, getting beat by middle school teams.

Gate City actually beat Richlands at Richlands just last season. The last time Abingdon beat Richlands at all, the Barter Theater was still accepting chickens (or falcons, depending on the recipe) for admission. By the way, if the Abingdon Falcons can raise their level of play, our Youth Football League may be interested in scheduling a couple of games. I can promise you that our 12 year olds will not run the score up on the Falcons as bad as our varsity team did. Scouts Honor.

Gate City actually beat Richlands at Richlands just last season. The last time Abingdon beat Richlands at all, the Barter Theater was still accepting chickens (or falcons, depending on the recipe) for admission. By the way, if the Abingdon Falcons can raise their level of play, our Youth Football League may be interested in scheduling a couple of games. I can promise you that our 12 year olds will not run the score up on the Falcons as bad as our varsity team did. Scouts Honor.

Do not fall for that falcon fans ive seen that cowboy team in the youth league and they would beat you all by 3 tds hahahahaha.

Way to go Abingdon. Continue to focus on unrealistic dreams...... In the mean time, that target on your back is getting much, much larger as October 1st nears.

Btw...Gate City would smack Abingdon in the mouth. The devils would win by atleast win by 4+ TD's

Gee battleftbl you have won 3 games and you can talk garbage now? We will beat you all. I heard that the Tigers spiked the ball on 4th down from the 1 foot line. Heard that Honaker did a lot to beat themselves too. Glad that the kids down there are having success but we'll see if they can hang in a couple of weeks. Wait until the Devils get to smack you in the mouth. Wouldn't count on getting a win against Lebanon either.

did richlands pull their starters?if so when ?i just made the statement that gate city has probally played richlands closer than anyone .id like to have some insight on this .i didnt figure they pulled their starters on gate city.im askin this because i truly dont kno.

they didnt pull defensive starters until 2.5 minutes left in the game

Gee battleftbl you have won 3 games and you can talk garbage now? We will beat you all. I heard that the Tigers spiked the ball on 4th down from the 1 foot line. Heard that Honaker did a lot to beat themselves too. Glad that the kids down there are having success but we'll see if they can hang in a couple of weeks. Wait until the Devils get to smack you in the mouth. Wouldn't count on getting a win against Lebanon either.

We'll see...we'll see. Gate City is a different animal. We're hopeful, not dumb. We'll go into that game and give everything we have, and let the chips fall where they may. I dont expect anyone to challenge gate city within the district this year though. You also dont see me on here making foolish statements that we're better than Gate City. Gate City is kind of the model for what we're trying to be, and we know we have a long way to go. We are however, putting in the time and work, and moving in the right direction.

As for Lebanon, that will be a very winnable game for us. We cant make mistakes, and will have to play 4 complete quarters, but it will be a battle. Alot can happen between now and then though.

We're worried about PH first, and then Abingdon. One game at a time.

See you in a few weeks.

We'll see...we'll see. Gate City is a different animal. We're hopeful, not dumb. We'll go into that game and give everything we have, and let the chips fall where they may. I dont expect anyone to challenge gate city within the district this year though. You also dont see me on here making foolish statements that we're better than Gate City. Gate City is kind of the model for what we're trying to be, and we know we have a long way to go. We are however, putting in the time and work, and moving in the right direction.

As for Lebanon, that will be a very winnable game for us. We cant make mistakes, and will have to play 4 complete quarters, but it will be a battle. Alot can happen between now and then though.

We're worried about PH first, and then Abingdon. One game at a time.

See you in a few weeks.

I know that Battle is playing well and confidence has a lot to do with that. I just don' t know if they are ready to play against that type of smash mouth football. I never said that we would beat Richlands. I know that we gave them a contest that the starters played until the last 4 minutes of the game.

Correction.... Gate City has 4 State Titles not 3. 1970, 1974, 1997, and 2003.