SWVASPORTS.COM

Falcon Alert: Recruiting

southbound

Its the age old problem that people have with Richlands. Jealousy. Don't know how many times in the 70's & 80's I used to hear that GC had 20-21 year old kids playing and all that crap. Thats why people hate Jimmy Johnson, the late Dale Earnhardt, the Patriots, Kobe Bryant, etc. Just jealous.

It's called envy, and it can make you a bitter person if you let control your thoughts.

I'm still trying to figure out how Abingdon got all them Grundy people to move down that way, there's been a migration of families going that way for sometime now. I would say it was recruiting but can't be for the football? Doesn't Hess have Grundy tyes?

You nailed it brother, the coleman brothers father was jr coleman a big standout at ghs and hess's dad was a hell of a basketball player at ghs, the 50 plus yard td pass was two grundy boys elswick#12 I played football with him in hs...and the list goes on...but if people want to know what recruiting looks like first hand look no farther than to the blue demons wrestling program.

If you take the time to look at the RHS core team you will see Richlands does not need outsiders to win. The Big creek boys are almost always hurt and Jack Vance is as good a QB as Lockhart. He just does not want it! The kids that come to RHS to play are doing so on their own. I can not blame them for wanting to get recruited by being in a established program. I wish all the kids the best in Southwest VA and hope all are recruited.

C'MON MAN!!!!!!

Richlands JV team would have beaten Abingdons Varsity. They dont need to recruit to do it......... and even if they were recruiting...I promise that an Abingdon game would be the last place they'd go.

I will say this though...If Im in Big Creek, WV...and I'm a good football player... there is no way in h@## that I'm staying in Big Creek. I'm taking my butt to a good football school. The same for the QB that came from Tazewell. He knew it would be a long year if he stayed, so why not do whats best for you, and go somewhere where you can get noticed. Thats not recruiting by Richlands, its a kid and his parents doing whats best for the kid. What kid in that area wouldnt want to play for Richlands or Bluefield.

Haha to bad they were at the abingdon game

Good one old school blue. Can't take A's out of abingdon. You know what John Wooden said about winning: When you're on top everyone wants to bring you down. I like Richlands being on top and whatever everyone does to try and discredit us only reminds me just how good we have become. After the years of the mid 1970's through the 80's its refreshing we have a program which is good enough that people envy enough to try and bring us down. Just enjoy and grin when they cry like little babies. Babies do cry and mess thier diapers. Its just the way God made us. Don't fight it.