Defense Where R U?

ETSU09

I don't know about the rest of you but if I was Coach Burton I would be very thankful that the Richlands connections (Hovis/Keene)called in a few favors to call the dogs off. Who knows what the score would be if the Tazewell/Richlands alliance hadn't been exploited. As I've said in the past I hate this has happened to the kids, but sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Mance never tries to run the score up. He always puts the backups in at least after halftime and sometimes in the 2nd qtr.

Weather you like Richlands or hate them, one thing i think most will agree on is that Mance wins with class. He always gives respect to the other team before and after each game !

When we do loose a game, he always takes responsibility and never makes an excuse or blames the kids.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Mance never tries to run the score up. He always puts the backups in at least after halftime and sometimes in the 2nd qtr.

Weather you like Richlands or hate them, one thing i think most will agree on is that Mance wins with class. He always gives respect to the other team before and after each game !

Graham fans are praying he'll be kind to the poor boys from the eastern part of the county....

When we do loose a game, he always takes responsibility and never makes an excuse or blames the kids.

Really a couple of years ago it was 28 to 0 and they faked a field goal and ran a touchdown with time running out ro end the first half

Really a couple of years ago it was 28 to 0 and they faked a field goal and ran a touchdown with time running out ro end the first half

Or you could look at it this way:

Thus making the score 35-0...invoking the VHSL “mercy rule†so the clock would run continuously...which actually does the losing team a favor. I guess everyone has their slant.

Though a sick little part of me would be interested to see how much Richlands could score if they kept the pedal down. Would never happen, but interesting.

I honestly wish they would, just once, to show those crying about RUTS exactly what RUTS looks like!

Or you could look at it this way:

Thus making the score 35-0...invoking the VHSL “mercy rule†so the clock would run continuously...which actually does the losing team a favor. I guess everyone has their slant.

Ture

I know mance would not run the score up but the starters are going to have to play more than a half game all year. Richlands is 6-0 but thr starters have only played 3 at best and all the teams we will see in ther redion champ and so on have played the intire game in all the games. Yea we are getting valuble time for the jv guys but can the starters play an entire game full speed its been a while.

I know mance would not run the score up but the starters are going to have to play more than a half game all year. Richlands is 6-0 but thr starters have only played 3 at best and all the teams we will see in ther redion champ and so on have played the intire game in all the games. Yea we are getting valuble time for the jv guys but can the starters play an entire game full speed its been a while.

It's going to be their down fall in the playoffs they havn't had to play a whole game yet and won't until the playoffs. They are going to have to start sceduling tougher teams in the future. It's not their fault that the district is down but the toughtest team outside the district they played is single A

I understand that and agree. But when the budget is tight and the band can not even go gc why go 2 hrs up the road. We have patrick co and pulaski co can never spell them next year. But they are not fairing so well this year. Year in and year out gc and pv win this year not so for pv but the scheduling is a hit or miss. Graham got cave spring for a couple years cause when they made the deal they thought graham was the best in the swd right now big wrong. But it don't matter if vhsl gets their way everyone west of salem will be A

Mance and Smith are friends...one wouldn't do anything he wouldn't expect from the other...I think people make a bigger deal out of "running up" the score than they need to...you get kids in these games that dont play much at times and you can't expect them to not score if they have the chance...other times they might need to work on something for later in a game situation...or try out someone at a different position...you have to do what you have to do sometimes and football is football...you take your beatings and your wins in stride and you move on to the next game.

I understand that and agree. But when the budget is tight and the band can not even go gc why go 2 hrs up the road. We have patrick co and pulaski co can never spell them next year. But they are not fairing so well this year. Year in and year out gc and pv win this year not so for pv but the scheduling is a hit or miss. Graham got cave spring for a couple years cause when they made the deal they thought graham was the best in the swd right now big wrong. But it don't matter if vhsl gets their way everyone west of salem will be A

The band wont be traveling to Lebanon either.

The band wont be traveling to Lebanon either.

Why would they not travel to Lebanon? That's easily the closest away game. The only thing I can see is it, along with GC, are the only non-district away games.

Why would they not travel to Lebanon? That's easily the closest away game. The only thing I can see is it, along with GC, are the only non-district away games.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winner. lol

they did a 2 point conversion when they were up on us 28-7 in the second quarter

Are you seriously crying about that.....LOL ! We're only 3 TD's up in the "1st" half and you are crying about going for 2....unbelievable !

If it would have been late in the 4th then maybe you have something to cry about, but in the 1st half....... and only 3 td's up.

Where's all this confidence at about how good you guys are ? If you are as good as you all think you are, maybe we needed all the points we could get to keep you from coming back !

Wasn't ever going to happen, but you don't know that in the 2nd qtr.

We've also heard on here how you guys took us down to the wire and how close of a game it really was. If that's the case, then you have no right to cry about us going for 2 in the 1 st half !

I'm not even complaining. If I was coach I would run the score up on everyone. But yall are just acting like he is some kind of humanitarian and runnin a 2 point when you're up by 3 touchdowns isn't caliing the dogs off. I know they were worried though they didn't take defensive starters out until there was 2 minutes left in the game