Abingdon at Grundy

Lance

Grundy has been on a long road trip and returns home for the first time in 5 weeks...Abingdon is on the road again from Carroll County.

With the injury to Grundy's QB John Kelly against Graham, this game just got interesting.

What do you guys think?

Grundy headed to 7-0 or do the Flacons win this one?

I think this could be a close game...Grundy will have to play better this week to win.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Woolybugger
Anyone know about the fights that went on in the Abingdon @ Carroll Co. game? I heard there were a few going on.

One guy from Ab got tossed. Dont know who or what he did

Do you have any idea how long Kelly is out? Even without him I believe Berglowe will be too much for Abingdon to handle.

at the least I would say this week...maybe for the season...wont know until the MRI on monday how bad or what is really wrong.

Not really for sure where it hurts us the most O or D Kelly is a very good qb and going to be hard to replace. rife can throw the ball as well and is more mobile. We have a few good wr in justus,oquinn and rife plus maybe one or two more so losing rife there doesnt hurt as bad. Should be a good game but i think grundy gets this one with it being at home and HC and all. Wishing kelly a speedy recovery lord knows we will need him in the coming weeks

Dont sell B Rife short. He looks the field and can also run the ball. C Justus, Berglowe, OQuinn, and the rest of the crew will come through. I dont think the Wave will have a problem against THE Falcons.

Not really for sure where it hurts us the most O or D Kelly is a very good qb and going to be hard to replace. rife can throw the ball as well and is more mobile. We have a few good wr in justus,oquinn and rife plus maybe one or two more so losing rife there doesnt hurt as bad. Should be a good game but i think grundy gets this one with it being at home and HC and all. Wishing kelly a speedy recovery lord knows we will need him in the coming weeks

Daniel Ellis filled in on D for him and did a good job I thought...and Ben looked great running the O against Clintwood, but struggled at other times in later games...i think he just needs first team reps and to get in a game and have the chance to settle in...he is much more mobile and a lot faster than Kelly...so it's not the worst situation...i've wondered about what it would be like with Rife running the O for a while now, guess we are about to find out.

I just hope Kelly is not hurt too bad and will be back soon...i hate to see him miss any games at this point after all the work and time he has invested over the last 4 years....would be nice if he could just finish it out on a good note.

did he brake his leg i have heard a bunch of stories on it i hate to see that this late in the season they were on a roll thats going to hurt grundy if he is out .. i wish him the best ..good luck the rest of the way grundy

That excuse is ridiculous. The ride in that teams complain about is exactly the same ride that Grundy takes to EVERY road game.

i started to say the same thing, but it's so silly i just didnt even bother...Carrol County is the only trip that sucks for any of the SWD teams...and vice versa for CC when they travel.

i started to say the same thing, but it's so silly i just didnt even bother...Carrol County is the only trip that sucks for any of the SWD teams...and vice versa for CC when they travel.

I would agree with ya except for Marion. It is not a bad trip from Marion to Carroll. It takes an hour and fifteen minutes but at least its a straight shot up the interstate.

maybe thats why grundy coudnt win a road district game for so long hahahahaha

no, we couldn't win a road game for so long for the same reason we didn't win many home games over that same stretch...we didn't have a very good team. Had nothing to do with travel time.