Graham gets last seed at 1-9?

stubbycurrence

I totally agree. Remines and Coppolo are excellent with the kids from what I hear and are really teaching them good fundamentals.....Better yet, they have great personalities and are easy to get along with. Kids respect those kind of coaches and WANT to play for them... Definitely a contrast from what's at the high school.

I've watched the middle school practice and they get after it. Lots of hitting and fundamentals being taught. With DM & WeeCee it's alot of standing around while WeeCee tells u what a bunch of losers u are.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if I can really stir things up here...What if Tazewell should win on friday and other things fall in place? They could get possible get the 6th spot (I know very very long shot) What would everyone say then?

Everyone would be saying the same thing whether Tazewell, Graham or any other 2 and 8 team got in. It is not the schools fault if they get in with a very mediocre record. Some years having 6 teams making regionals, it will be like this!! Some years when we had just 4 teams, probably some well deserving teams missed the playoffs!! There really is no perfect solution!!

So, was that 2003??? that I'm thinking of...

For some reason I thought 2002 was Bradshaw's senior season...

Bradshaw graduated in 2004, I believe. He was a sophomore on the 2001 team that lost to Harrisonburg.

Everyone would be saying the same thing whether Tazewell, Graham or any other 2 and 8 team got in. It is not the schools fault if they get in with a very mediocre record. Some years having 6 teams making regionals, it will be like this!! Some years when we had just 4 teams, probably some well deserving teams missed the playoffs!! There really is no perfect solution!!

None is perfect, but some are better than others. For smaller regions, less is more.

Let's see if I can really stir things up here...What if Tazewell should win on friday and other things fall in place? They could get possible get the 6th spot (I know very very long shot) What would everyone say then?

I would rather see a two win team make it than a one win team make it.....(wouldn't be thrilled about either)

I've watched the middle school practice and they get after it. Lots of hitting and fundamentals being taught. With DM & WeeCee it's alot of standing around while WeeCee tells u what a bunch of losers u are.

Every time I go by a high school practice....they're standing around....and they're usually wrapping up about a half hour earlier than Bluefield across the line....

I was in Lynchburg that rainy and cold Saturday afternoon and sat in disbelief as Pulaski and Graham both lost! I am still proud of Graham's following that day with over 5000 cheering fans! Despite the defeat it is still a great memory.

me too....had to borrow a trash bag from somebody.....Coach Simon from Bluefield sat behind us in the stands....said something about Graham's play calling, wondering why they weren't doing something different....basically what got them there....he would know, you go with what brung ya...He wasn't criticizing, he was just a fan of Graham that night, was great to see. I really thought Graham and Pulaski would both win that night, but didn't work out....Graham started out fast than lost focus....Pulaski got momentum a little too late. I still think Graham and Pulaski were the two best teams on the field that day....Connor Hughes(I think that was his name) the Lafayette QB played a flawless game, however.

me too....had to borrow a trash bag from somebody.....Coach Simon from Bluefield sat behind us in the stands....said something about Graham's play calling, wondering why they weren't doing something different....basically what got them there....he would know, you go with what brung ya...He wasn't criticizing, he was just a fan of Graham that night, was great to see. I really thought Graham and Pulaski would both win that night, but didn't work out....Graham started out fast than lost focus....Pulaski got momentum a little too late. I still think Graham and Pulaski were the two best teams on the field that day....Connor Hughes(I think that was his name) the Lafayette QB played a flawless game, however.

As good a QB as Connor Hughes was, he was three times as good a kicker.

I was baffled by Graham's playcalling as well. One of the few times I'll ever take issue with anything Carlock did: God rest his soul, but he called a piss poor game that day. On a dry field, Graham wins that game by 3 scores; but alas, it was wet. Like the year after against Grundy, it was snowy. You have to play on what God gives you, and Graham never seemed to be the best at that (Snow Bowl excepted).

Thanks .......... Lafayette from Williamsburg! I have been pulling names out of thin air trying to recall the name of Pulaski's opponent. Although seated across from each other, on different sides of the stadium, it was great having Pulaski and Graham fans pulling for each other. What a memory!

As good a QB as Connor Hughes was, he was three times as good a kicker.

I was baffled by Graham's playcalling as well. One of the few times I'll ever take issue with anything Carlock did: God rest his soul, but he called a piss poor game that day. On a dry field, Graham wins that game by 3 scores; but alas, it was wet. Like the year after against Grundy, it was snowy. You have to play on what God gives you, and Graham never seemed to be the best at that (Snow Bowl excepted).

I don't know if it was true, but I heard several players say that Harrisonburg had them so well scouted that the defense was calling the play for Graham before the snap.

And as an oh by the way Akeem Jordan Harrisonburg's RB and Safety now starts for the Eagles.

I don't know if it was true, but I heard several players say that Harrisonburg had them so well scouted that the defense was calling the play for Graham before the snap.

And as an oh by the way Akeem Jordan Harrisonburg's RB and Safety now starts for the Eagles.

Wonder if the good Harrisonburg scouting job was due to the fact that Tim Sarver had pretty intimate knowledge of Graham anyway. I knew Graham was going to lose when Carlock was actually fooled by that long, long FG "attempt" on a slick astroturf field. Even the announcers were calling for the fake.

I saw Akeem Jordan with the Eagles about a year back and just had to check to see if it was the same guy. He romped all over Graham that day.

Wonder if the good Harrisonburg scouting job was due to the fact that Tim Sarver had pretty intimate knowledge of Graham anyway. I knew Graham was going to lose when Carlock was actually fooled by that long, long FG "attempt" on a slick astroturf field. Even the announcers were calling for the fake.

I saw Akeem Jordan with the Eagles about a year back and just had to check to see if it was the same guy. He romped all over Graham that day.

Actually it was a punt, and it was the same play that Bluefield beat Graham on in 1962 on which Sarver was a player. The Beavers even haunt us in Lynchburg.....