Prediction...

GMan

Yes he is a big Salem booster. But that has nothing to do with a poor choice the coach made to use the cleats. I don't think that team needed any help to win. But we will never know for sure what difference the cleats made. That is a black eye for my Blues!

I think some will be shocked by the score. Blues 32 Grundy 21. Bad weather, Home field locked up, coach not wanting the starters to get hurt, and Grundy has more to play for than the blues.

I may tend to agree in some way. Mance will get the W but he will pull starters fast I think since we have the 1 seed locked. Since its the last time we will play Grundy I think he may keep it respectable.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will score big then pull the startes you can't be stupid and risk a key player getting hurt and put out for the playoffs

Grundy might just have something to say about when the starters are pulled. A very cold and messy night, slippery football...anything can happen. The weather might just be in Grundy's favor.

Grundy might just have something to say about when the starters are pulled. A very cold and messy night, slippery football...anything can happen. The weather might just be in Grundy's favor.

Grundy's field is not one of the better ones in the region. With just a little water it becomes a mess. We know that from last year. I think Grundy ends up keeping it close possibly a 14 point game. Starters will be pulled quickly as too easy to get hurt in a sloppy game. Now if it was Graham in the same position I think Marrs would keep it all in...

I wouldn't even be totally surprised if Grundy somehow found a way to pull the upset

I think the weather will keep the score down, but I still like our chances.

I'll give a reason why I think it may favor us, and maybe a Grundy fan can give some reasons why he thinks it may favor the Golden Wave.

I may argue ( just for the fun of it ) that the weather might hurt Grundy more then Richlands because Berglowe is a fast scat back type that depends on his quickness and ability to cut and make people miss.

Now I know he is also tough to bring down for his size, but he does depend on his ability to make people miss more then he does on his power. But he is one heck of a running back and he scares me to death on his ability to break one at any time.

We probably will not be able to throw the ball like we normally do, but we do have some big backs with power, and a big physical O line.

When you have a muddy field it will usually favor a power running game simply because the backs will find it a bit tougher to make their cuts.

With Devon, Will lowe, Cody Thomas, and even the freshman... Colten Staten we have several backs that can run with power. I also think that having a QB with the experience that Lockhart has ( starting for 4 years ) helps in the fact that he has seen it all and knows what to expect with the conditions they will face tomorrow night.

Maybe somebody from Richlands can talk a little about the D.

I just don't see the scoreboard getting lit-up tomorrow night by either side though with all this rain.

I do have a lot of respect for the Grundy team though and think they will put up a fight.

But i though it might be fun to discuss who we think the weather might help.

No excuse's for who ever loses this game as they both have to play on the same field and in the same conditions !

I just hope and pray that no matter who wins this game that both teams come out of it healthy and ready for the playoffs !

Bad weather = Mance not wanting to risk injury to his starters. In other words the score will not get totally out of hand. After 1 quarter, Richlands 7 Grundy-0. I believe Richlands will open it up in the 2nd quarter and go into the half with a 28-0 lead.

Richlands starters tack on 1 more early in the 3rd before mass subs enter the game for the last quarter and a half.

Final score Richlands 42 Grundy 7

I think the weather will keep the score down, but I still like our chances.

I'll give a reason why I think it may favor us, and maybe a Grundy fan can give some reasons why he thinks it may favor the Golden Wave.

I may argue ( just for the fun of it ) that the weather might hurt Grundy more then Richlands because Berglowe is a fast scat back type that depends on his quickness and ability to cut and make people miss.

Now I know he is also tough to bring down for his size, but he does depend on his ability to make people miss more then he does on his power. But he is one heck of a running back and he scares me to death on his ability to break one at any time.

We probably will not be able to throw the ball like we normally do, but we do have some big backs with power, and a big physical O line.

When you have a muddy field it will usually favor a power running game simply because the backs will find it a bit tougher to make their cuts.

With Devon, Will lowe, Cody Thomas, and even the freshman... Colten Staten we have several backs that can run with power. I also think that having a QB with the experience that Lockhart has ( starting for 4 years ) helps in the fact that he has seen it all and knows what to expect with the conditions they will face tomorrow night.

Maybe somebody from Richlands can talk a little about the D.

I just don't see the scoreboard getting lit-up tomorrow night by either side though with all this rain.

I do have a lot of respect for the Grundy team though and think they will put up a fight.

But i though it might be fun to discuss who we think the weather might help.

No excuse's for who ever loses this game as they both have to play on the same field and in the same conditions !

I just hope and pray that no matter who wins this game that both teams come out of it healthy and ready for the playoffs !

Man I hope you're right. I hope it's a great game.

Man I hope you're right. I hope it's a great game.

Me too Bama ! I just thought I would throw it out there and have a little fun talking about it.

I'm sure there are others with different views, but that's what makes it fun to talk football !

IMO Richlands will run the ball and throw those bubble screens. The Blues at some point no matter the conditions will take one deep but I don't look for an air show like we are all used to this year b/c of the conditions. The Blues D has played lights out all year especially the run. IMO don't see Grundy being able to run the ball good enough to beat us. Don't see them scoring against our first team D but I will give them 7 just in case they break one at some point. In addition, maybe be a closer game due to the fact that Mance wants to pay respect to Grundy for their last game in the SWD (remember what he did with PV) that was to honor Phil Robbins last time at bat against Richlands.

Va Preps Prediction.........

Richlands Blue Tornado (9-0) @ Grundy Golden Wave (8-1)

Both Richlands and Grundy are headed to the playoffs in region IV, division 3, but this game still has plenty riding on it as the two longtime Southwest District rivals will end their series once Grundy drops to single A in 2011. Richlands comes in looking to complete an unbeaten regular season in which they've outscored opponents by an average of 51-11. Quarterback Cody Lockhart has played very well for Richlands and the defense, led by Will Lowe, has been stout. Grundy looks like they'll end up as the third seed in the postseason, but a share of the Southwest title would be a big accomplishment for the Golden Wave.

Prediction: Richlands 35 Grundy 14

Lance, about Nadoball's quote. Yeah...

hey we played a good game tonight...score doesn't really show it...Richlands at 42 points playing the starters 4 quarters we did about twice what everyone else in the district did against them as far as that goes...they have a good team, nothing to hang your head over. Without Kelly at QB Grundy doesn't want to throw the ball at all...so...for what we've got right now, they played a heck of a game...proud of them all.

how many rushing yards did Grundy have last night?

Team Stats

First Downs: R 14, G 6; Rushes-Yards: R 25-253, G 34-91; Passing Yards: R 155, G 24; Comp-Att-Int: R 6-10-1, Gru 1-6-1; Fumbles-Lost: R 0-0, G 3-0; Penalties-Yards: R 4-45, G 3-15; Punts-Average: R 0-0, G 4-27.8.

from BDTonline