Prediction...

GMan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The starters played a full 3 quarters last night for the first time since Gate City. They likely would have played longer had CC not started subbing. They usually play 2 full quarters and only one series in the 3rd, so they need the work. They have basically played less than 5 games, and when they are on the field they aren't there very long. At halftime last night they had ran only 15 plays... with 6 of them being TD's.

Edited by BigD4VT

I think Grundy already having a loss going into this game may be a positive for them. The last thing they needed was for Richlands to have the added motivation of playing an undefeated team.

If they allowed Tazewell of 200 some yards in rushing, there is now way Grundy wins this game!

Grundy will go in to this game just like any other...whatever happens is what happens...they won't be scared or intimidated by Richlands and they will hit them and hit them hard...they may lose by 80+ or win by 1, but they will play 4 qtrs and give them hell the best they can...that's all you can ask of a team.

Look at the previous scoreboards...I don't see many teams that have held Richlands first team to just a few points...what exactly does Grundy have to lose here? Nothing....they are without Kelly at QB, lost a few people to injuries and sickness....they are no longer undefeated, they are already in the playoffs, no one expected them to be as good as they have been this year...they have ZERO pressure...they go out and have fun and if they get beat they get beat...but they will come to play to win, not to "stay close"...if they can't do it and lose to a better team, so be it...they will give it all they have.

Grundy needs time of possession. 3 yards and a cloud of dust,uh check that, 3 yards and a rug burn but you get the point. The best defense for Grundy is to keep Richland's offense from getting the ball because they showed against CC they don't need that many possessions to score.

Richlands puts 70 on Grundy next week...its the last game of the season and last time these two will meet for a while, no holding back now...

This prediction reminds me of the time Grundy was picked by the Bristol Herald Courier to get beat 99 to nothing. Anyone else remember this?

By the way, Grundy won that game.

As far as this game, I'll go with Lance on this one.....

IMO I will be surprised If Grundy scores (well I will give them 7 somewhere down the line). I don't see Grundy being within 50 at the end of the night, sorry. CC wasn't within 63. Not going to predict score b/c its whatever Mance wants it to be.

Grundy will go in to this game just like any other...whatever happens is what happens...they won't be scared or intimidated by Richlands and they will hit them and hit them hard...they may lose by 80+ or win by 1, but they will play 4 qtrs and give them hell the best they can...that's all you can ask of a team.

Look at the previous scoreboards...I don't see many teams that have held Richlands first team to just a few points...what exactly does Grundy have to lose here? Nothing....they are without Kelly at QB, lost a few people to injuries and sickness....they are no longer undefeated, they are already in the playoffs, no one expected them to be as good as they have been this year...they have ZERO pressure...they go out and have fun and if they get beat they get beat...but they will come to play to win, not to "stay close"...if they can't do it and lose to a better team, so be it...they will give it all they have.

we had them up on us 3-0 going into the 4th. arguably the best team richlands has played this year.

we had them up on us 3-0 going into the 4th. arguably the best team richlands has played this year.

All credit given to Gate City for giving RHS the best game of the year so far back in August. I think both Gate City and Richlands are much better teams now than they were when the season began. Richlands is lightyears better on offense, and Gate City has their QB who I believe was injured for the game vs RHS. That would be a great game this season if played now. Richlands has a ton of respect for Gate City.

All credit given to Gate City for giving RHS the best game of the year so far back in August. I think both Gate City and Richlands are much better teams now than they were when the season began. Richlands is lightyears better on offense, and Gate City has their QB who I believe was injured for the game vs RHS. That would be a great game this season if played now. Richlands has a ton of respect for Gate City.

Thanks, it means alot. We always have a ton of respect for you guys. Its like a big brother little brother relationship i guess you could say.

Grundy needs time of possession. 3 yards and a cloud of dust,uh check that, 3 yards and a rug burn but you get the point. The best defense for Grundy is to keep Richland's offense from getting the ball because they showed against CC they don't need that many possessions to score.

3 yards and a cloud of dust turned in to 3 and out against CC...I don't see it happening.

Nadoball: "Grundy will not come within 30-40 points of the Blues".

I am sticking to my prediction......................

good for you...I just wish we still had Kelly at QB...but, gotta race what you bring to the track!

Nadoball: "Grundy will not come within 30-40 points of the Blues”.

I am sticking to my prediction......................

You know, a little humility goes a long, long way. I have a ton of respect for these kids from Grundy. They have suffered through some pretty rough times, and this season they have fielded a very good team. If they hadn’t lost their QB, there’s no telling what might have been up to this point. I hope we see (or hear in my case) a great football game with both teams coming out healthy. I realize the Blues are heavy favorites, but I had rather not poke my chest out and crow about how much I think my team will stomp the other team. Not only is it poor sportsmanship, but it could come back to bite me. It doesn’t sound quite as bad coming from fans of other teams who want to predict a blowout, but it reeks of bad taste coming from a Blues fan. JMHO. So I will just say good luck to both teams, and Go Blue!

Edited by blueinbama

You know, a little humility goes a long, long way. I have a ton of respect for these kids from Grundy. They have suffered through some pretty rough times, and this season they have fielded a very good team. If they hadn’t lost their QB, there’s no telling what might have been up to this point. I hope we see (or hear in my case) a great football game with both teams coming out healthy. I realize the Blues are heavy favorites, but I had rather not poke my chest out and crow about how much I think my team will stomp the other team. Not only is it poor sportsmanship, but it could come back to bite me. It doesn’t sound quite as bad coming from fans of other teams who want to predict a blowout, but it reeks of bad taste coming from a Blues fan. JMHO. So I will just say good luck to both teams, and Go Blue!

Agree--

Life has many choices---eternity two

he's speaking the truth

That's why I said I just want a W, and for the blues to come out of the game as healthy as they possibly can !

Regardless of how this game turns out, I want to wish the Grundy players and fans congrats on a good year and wish them good luck in the playoffs !

It would be great to see both teams playing each other in the regional final, if it can work out that way !

Nado posted this 6 weeks or so ago it has nothing to do with poor sportsmanship. I do agree with him. No matter what happens friday night or in the weeks to come High school football will be over for everyone in 6weeks, so have a little fun before it is over and please stop being so up tight.