Question for Richlands fans

battleftbl

Rumor going around CMD schools is this.

If the Wise County Schools combine, Lee High would then want to join the LPD. Since the SWD seems to be falling apart due to dropping enrollments, that Richlands would be very interested in joining the Clinch Mountain.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Rumor going around CMD schools is this.

If the Wise County Schools combine, Lee High would then want to join the LPD. Since the SWD seems to be falling apart due to dropping enrollments, that Richlands would be very interested in joining the Clinch Mountain.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I personally have not heard anything about it.

I heard it like this home skillet. I heard Richlands and Tazewell want to drop down to Single A, because Graham is dropping and won't play anyone West of Bluefield.

That leaves Carrol Co. Abingdon, Richlands, Tazewell, Marion

Wise Co is consolidating 6 schools to 2 or 3. Apple Valley, (appalchia + powell valley) PoKelly (Pound + Kelly) and I don't know what they do with Coeburn but word on the street is they are leaving St. Peezy alone.

Dickenson Co. is consolidating 3 to 1 schools.

Region D could only have 14 teams in a few years Counting Both Divisions together so something like that will have to happen.

Have not heard anything about us joining the CMD.

Richlands would like to stay at D3, but may not have a choice in a couple of years because of declining enrollment and all the schools within a decent driving range will be single A.

We are already down to what? maybe 5 D3 or D4 schools this side of Roanoke now ?

Richlands D3

Tazewell D3

Marion D3

CC D4

Abingdon D4

I guess you could put Pulaski co but that is still a pretty good ride up 81 and I consider them closer to Roanoke then us by far !

"If the Wise County Schools combine, Lee High would then want to join the LPD. "

No IF to it... it's when...

"Since the SWD seems to be falling apart due to dropping enrollments,"

and when they do, they'll add 2 more schools to the SWD... basically replacing Graham & Grundy.

Tazewell was A-eligible before, and Richlands could join them soon. Honestly, if Richlands replaces the 2 PC's with single A schools in football, the only thing it'll do is hurt their chances at being a #1 seed.

Oh, and WHEN Wise happens, the LPD will die because the only school left will be Burton.

Maybe the southwest could be Christiansburg,Richlands,Blacksburg,Pulaski Co. Tazwell, Marion ,Abingdon and Carroll Co.

Highly unlikely that Blacksburg and Christiansburg would ever abandon the current arrangement to join a district that required them to travel to Richlands and Tazewell. They had an opportunity to do so when the New River District imploded in the early 90's and turned it down flat.

"If the Wise County Schools combine, Lee High would then want to join the LPD. "

No IF to it... it's when...

"Since the SWD seems to be falling apart due to dropping enrollments,"

and when they do, they'll add 2 more schools to the SWD... basically replacing Graham & Grundy.

Tazewell was A-eligible before, and Richlands could join them soon. Honestly, if Richlands replaces the 2 PC's with single A schools in football, the only thing it'll do is hurt their chances at being a #1 seed.

Oh, and WHEN Wise happens, the LPD will die because the only school left will be Burton.

Hold on there.........Under the new consolidation plan that was approved... read over it. Burton has agreed to drop City Status. That projected enrollement of close to 1000 kids of Appalachia, Burton, and Powell Valley. That school will be d4.

Im just stating what alot of CMD coaches have heard. If Richlands drops, they're considering a move to this district. Fact or Fiction....we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

If Wise and Dickenson combind schools ? Wouldn't it make them AA schools ? Then the 2 Wise 1 Dickenson , Lee co. Richlands, and Tazwell . Abingdon Marion and Carroll Co. moves to new district with Pulaski Co. Christiansburg and Blacksburg . Salem, Cave Spring,Hidden Valley move to Region III join Blue Ridge.

Maybe the southwest could be Christiansburg,Richlands,Blacksburg,Pulaski Co. Tazwell, Marion ,Abingdon and Carroll Co.

This isn't as far fetched as it sounds. If Richlands remains in AA this is what I would like to see. If they do drop at some point I think the CMD would make the most sense.

If Wise and Dickenson combind schools ? Wouldn't it make them AA schools ? Then the 2 Wise 1 Dickenson , Lee co. Richlands, and Tazwell . Abingdon Marion and Carroll Co. moves to new district with Pulaski Co. Christiansburg and Blacksburg . Salem, Cave Spring,Hidden Valley move to Region III join Blue Ridge.

There is no reason or motivation whatsoever for the member schools to dissolve the River Ridge District. It's simultaneously competitive and geographically compact.

From a purely competitive standpoint, I'd love to see an alignment of the type you suggested. But (as I stated previously in this thread) it's highly unlikely that it's going to happen.

Hold on there.........Under the new consolidation plan that was approved... read over it. Burton has agreed to drop City Status.

I haven't found any link suggesting that Norton has agreed to abandon its Independent City status. Did find an article from October 27th that said they would consider it.

That's kind of a big deal -- constitutional status, you know.

There would be too much travel involved. It's a long way from Wise to Carroll and Montgomery. Lee is a long way from everywhere.

I haven't found any link suggesting that Norton has agreed to abandon its Independent City status. Did find an article from October 27th that said they would consider it.

That's kind of a big deal -- constitutional status, you know.

I am close to a couple of people on the Wise School Board, and From what I hear Norton has told them that they would do so, only if it's with PV and Appalachia.....Under no circumstances would they combine with Wise or any other of the county schools. Maybe I've been given wrong information, but coming from where I got this information, id be surprised if it doesnt happen.

They would be Division 4 in football, but they'd be a powerhouse most years.

I am close to a couple of people on the Wise School Board, and From what I hear Norton has told them that they would do so, only if it's with PV and Appalachia.....Under no circumstances would they combine with Wise or any other of the county schools. Maybe I've been given wrong information, but coming from where I got this information, id be surprised if it doesnt happen.

They would be Division 4 in football, but they'd be a powerhouse most years.

Not doubting what you heard, and I did overlook one crucial aspect. Norton can contract with Wise County for the provision of school services without necessarily reverting from Independent City status.

(Although since schools are probably the only reason they remain an Independent City, reversion would seem to be a likely outcome.)

Then put 2 Wise ,Lee Co. Dickenson (what size would it be?) Richlands Abingdon Marion and Tazwell together Carroll moves to piedmont wouldn't that be closer travel for them . Is Tazwell or Marion droping to A. just trying to keep more AA schools around . maybe the VHSL will realign soon.

Then put 2 Wise ,Lee Co. Dickenson (what size would it be?) Richlands Abingdon Marion and Tazwell together Carroll moves to piedmont wouldn't that be closer travel for them . Is Tazwell or Marion droping to A. just trying to keep more AA schools around . maybe the VHSL will realign soon.

I think Dickenson would still be single-A. And I doubt Lee would want to move back up to AA. Travel was the reason they dropped.

I think more than likely you will see the SWD disolved and could see the "Highlands" on an "I-81" district of some sort reformed again with new members...as sad as that would be.

This isn't as far fetched as it sounds. If Richlands remains in AA this is what I would like to see. If they do drop at some point I think the CMD would make the most sense.

Marion won't be in it.....numbers are just above cut off....and projected to be below cutoff in a couple years....they'll most likely try to join the Hogoheegee

Carroll moves to piedmont wouldn't that be closer travel for them .

Martinsville and Magna Vista would be about equal to Cave Spring/Hidden Valley for CC. Tunstall would be quite a bit farther. The average trip for CC in the River Ridge (53 miles per Google maps) would be shorter than the average trip in the Piedmont (60 miles). Just for comparison, CC's average trip in the Southwest is 85 miles.

Doesn't matter if Burton is involved or not when it comes to size... both will be AA with or without them. And I expect the LPD to dissappear either way, too.

Carroll supposedly is against joining the Piedmont, but when Wise x2 comes into the SWD, I look for the Cavs to rejoin their NRD bros in the RRD.

Now, as for Richlands, IF they drop, let's eliminate the Hogo, 3 Rivers, MED, BDD, Cumberland & LPD. That only leaves the CMD. I just don't see the Blues going A as long as they're competitive in AA. It's proven that the TCSB isn't going to require an immediate drop.

Doesn't matter if Burton is involved or not when it comes to size... both will be AA with or without them. And I expect the LPD to dissappear either way, too.

Carroll supposedly is against joining the Piedmont, but when Wise x2 comes into the SWD, I look for the Cavs to rejoin their NRD bros in the RRD.

Now, as for Richlands, IF they drop, let's eliminate the Hogo, 3 Rivers, MED, BDD, Cumberland & LPD. That only leaves the CMD. I just don't see the Blues going A as long as they're competitive in AA. It's proven that the TCSB isn't going to require an immediate drop.

My question is what is the enrollment requirements for A vs AA?

I would think that consolidation in Wise, Dickenson, and Buchanan (if it happens) would put all of these at AA level and the SW disctirct could remain intact and grow back into a powerhouse.

Actually it does matter if Burton is in or not.

Without Burton, a school made up of Appalachia and PV's enrollements would be D3. If you include Burton, it bumps them up to D4. Either way its AA ball, but Division wise, it does matter.