Graham fans: Depressing Stat o' the Day...

GMan

Over the last three seasons, 2008-2010, Graham has been outscored 1142-679, an average of 34.61-20.58 per game, and has a record of 10-23 during that time. Sadly, they've made the playoffs two of those three years...

Over the last three seasons, 2008-2010, Graham has been outscored 1142-679, an average of 34.61-20.58 per game, and has a record of 10-23 during that time. Sadly, they've made the playoffs two of those three years...

Yup, you are what your record says you are, and Doug is 10-23 the last 3 seasons. Guess that makes him a loser. But hey it doesn't take any talent to be negative according to Coach Marrs. It apparantly doesn't take any talent to be head football coach at Graham either..........You only need to have the principal and school board member in your back pocket.

Guest Woolybugger
who are all the teams in the MED next year

Fort Chiswell, Grayson County, Galax, Bland County, Narrows.

Grayson and Galax both have probably 8 back on both sides of the ball. Not sure about Fort. All three could have beat Graham this year IMO.

Grayson and Galax both have probably 8 back on both sides of the ball. Not sure about Fort. All three could have beat Graham this year IMO.

Graham would finish 4th in that district. FC, GC, and Galax are all better than Graham, and I wouldn't put it past Narrows.

Thanks, Doug. This is what you've done to a once-proud program.

The only winning you've done is winning the undying support of O'Neal and Johnson.

Graham finishes no better than third in the MED next year.

That's what I'm predicting....they will finish behind Grayson and Fort Chiswell....teams that shouldn't have even been on the same field with Graham 6 years ago...

Graham would finish 4th in that district. FC, GC, and Galax are all better than Graham, and I wouldn't put it past Narrows.

Thanks, Doug. This is what you've done to a once-proud program.

The only winning you've done is winning the undying support of O'Neal and Johnson.

Johnson doesn't need to be in that position either....

Guest Woolybugger
That's what I'm predicting....they will finish behind Grayson and Fort Chiswell....teams that shouldn't have even been on the same field with Graham 6 years ago...

I'm saying behind Grayson and Galax, maybe Fort. Don't know what FC is losing this year.

Johnson doesn't need to be in that position either....

How she handles this situation at Graham will DIRECTLY impact whether or not I vote for her next November. If she doesn't do the proper thing for all parties involved here, then I will vote her out. If she does what's right, then I will vote for her.

This is the PERFECT instance to show that she has the best interests of Bluefield children at heart.

cookie johnson has no clue what is going on at all around the county. that is a great reason to vote her out

Most of the school board members, including the Super, have no clue period...

I'm pretty sure the Lil G's football team could've beaten Graham...

What people need to realize is that there seems to be two different sides of the county: Richlands/Tazewell, and then Graham. The school board doesn't seem to understand that they control Graham too.

I live on the WV side, so I can't vote her out....but I would encourage folks on the VA side vote to get rid of these do nothings....and make sure your friends do the same...

Win loss statistics aside, if the program in sports is to correct the problems and move forward, corrections must be made. Previous decades had teachers and staff personnel handling coaching and winning support from boosters. Has this changed? Professionals volunteered their time as did parents working in unison to build the sport, most importantly; to build the character of the students and players. Winning leaders surround themself with winners. If answers are to be found then those citizens who have grievances must voice those grievances. Without knowledge of the core problem no solution can be expected.

I'm pretty sure the Lil G's football team could've beaten Graham...

What people need to realize is that there seems to be two different sides of the county: Richlands/Tazewell, and then Graham. The school board doesn't seem to understand that they control Graham too.

Trust me I don't think she has any fans in Tazewell either. I used to think it was bad when ol Woody Mullins was in charge, didn't realize how much things could get worse.

It's a shame Hodock left people in Bland love him. Of course there seems to be a pattern of people leaving Taz co and going to Bland...

Trust me I don't think she has any fans in Tazewell either. I used to think it was bad when ol Woody Mullins was in charge, didn't realize how much things could get worse.

It's a shame Hodock left people in Bland love him. Of course there seems to be a pattern of people leaving Taz co and going to Bland...

Wow, that brings back memories. Woodrow Mullins was the Asst. Principal at Richlands in the late '60's when I was there.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone analyzed why the G-Men lose and have lost? Do players leave the school and go elsewhere who would be of great benefit? Are the present players motivated and have comraderie for a winning spirit. Has anything been done to cause the student/player to be distracted? Could it be that they play a tough schedule with better opponents?:eek:

Has anyone analyzed why the G-Men lose and have lost? Do players leave the school and go elsewhere who would be of great benefit? Are the present players motivated and have comraderie for a winning spirit. Has anything been done to cause the student/player to be distracted? Could it be that they play a tough schedule with better opponents?:eek:

OK, I'll go with this........

1. Yes

2. The player that leaves

3. No

4. Yes

5. No, actually the schedule is easier than it was a few years ago.

And I will finish with this. Everyone has made excuses for Marrs the last couple of years, truth is this. A career record of 31-37, and 4 losing seasons in a row. 455 points surrendered in 2010. But we had an VHSCA all state center in 2009, problem was his last name was Marrs and wasn't on the Virginia Preps 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team all state teams last season. Wonder why? Because it's all about Doug. Heck I am suprised he hasn't stripped off the G-Star logo and put his own face as our new logo.