Martinsville @ Richlands

mv91

From what I have read and heard, they are not big but they have some speed and are very athletic. Their QB is very athletic and a play maker and they also have a kid named Tarpley ( not sure about spelling ) that is very fast and elusive and they try to get the ball to him a lot.

I think with our size and speed and all the weapons we have we should be able to get the win.

I don't think we will shut them out, and I doubt the game will be over at halftime either and really I don't care if we do or it is, I just want to win and move on to the next game !

What does everyone think?

To be honest, I am surprised The score with Marion was that close. Looks like Marion played Martinsville tough after a shakey 1st qtr

I'm hoping...

Richlands 35

Martinsville 14

I also hope our offensive and defensive lineman muscle the mouth out of Martinsville. That's where it all begins.

To be honest, I am surprised The score with Marion was that close. Looks like Marion played Martinsville tough after a shakey 1st qtr

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/JMMAp8AyrUaerXsVvHfbuw/martinsville-bulldogs/football/schedule.htm

Confusing to say the least. Looks like they gave Magna Vista pretty good battle. Marion must have been playing better end of season? Looks like there strength has been their D last few weeks.

The Blues had better bring their "A" game, make every single legal hit a hard one, not give anybody a pass on any play, leave the jawing to the other team, and take care of business the way we all know they can. If that happens, it's a win and the Blues move on.

I'm surprised it was that close too, honestly I think it would've been much closer, if Marion had their heart in the game. They weren't ready to make that trip and give it 100%.

I'm hoping...

Richlands 35

Martinsville 14

I also hope our offensive and defensive lineman muscle the mouth out of Martinsville. That's where it all begins.

Richlands should have their starters out in the 4th quarter.....that's my prediction.

Edited by futbolking

I'm surprised it was that close too, honestly I think it would've been much closer, if Marion had their heart in the game. They weren't ready to make that trip and give it 100%.

i disagree with that completely. i was in the stands quite a bit before the game this past friday night and the marion kids were sold out in their pre-game stuff. their kids were definitely up for the game. they gave 100% effort from the opening whistle until the end. they moved the ball decently well and chewed up the clock on several occasions. turnovers cost them though.

as for folks being surprised it was so close.....why? since when is 4 touchdowns and a shutout a close ballgame? martinsville doesn't have the type of offense that just lights up the scoreboard. once the bulldogs were up 2 scores at halftime, they grounded it out the remainder of the night to win and advance. the dogs also accumulated over 100 yards in penalties.

i'm realistic...i don't expect a bulldogs victory this friday. but i also don't expect them to make that long trip just to lay down without a fight.

Nobody exspects them to lay down but the ride sucks and I think most will agree richlands should win by 3 scores. The kids got a bad tast in their mouths from last year and are determind to play and beat cave spring the bulldogs are just another team in that path.

Blues 48

Bulldogs 14 on the jv

Nobody exspects them to lay down but the ride sucks and I think most will agree richlands should win by 3 scores. The kids got a bad tast in their mouths from last year and are determind to play and beat cave spring the bulldogs are just another team in that path.

Blues 48

Bulldogs 14 on the jv

The thing that worries me a little about this game is the fact that the blues want Cave Spring. You can't over look any team once it get's to this time of the season.

Martinsville has some athletes and has some team speed and as long as you have both of those you have a chance. Do I think the blues will lose this game.......noooo, but it can be a trap game " if " they over look them.

I think our coaches will do a good job of getting the boys ready and having them prepared and stressing one game at a time.

If the blues play the way they have been then they should win by 3 scores at least and move on.

Cave has a game to play also, and Grundy may not be the push over that many think they will be. Grundy plays with a lot of heart and has some players also and should play them close........at least for a while.

The thing that worries me a little about this game is the fact that the blues want Cave Spring. You can't over look any team once it get's to this time of the season.

Martinsville has some athletes and has some team speed and as long as you have both of those you have a chance. Do I think the blues will lose this game.......noooo, but it can be a trap game " if " they over look them.

I think our coaches will do a good job of getting the boys ready and having them prepared and stressing one game at a time.

If the blues play the way they have been then they should win by 3 scores at least and move on.

Cave has a game to play also, and Grundy may not be the push over that many think they will be. Grundy plays with a lot of heart and has some players also and should play them close........at least for a while.

Richlands wants whoever shows up in Lynchburg on December 11. They won't be overlooking anyone, especially Martinsville which is the best team they have faced since Gate City, the most athletic overall, and a team that would likely be coming in 11-0 if they had Richlands' schedule.

Richlands wants whoever shows up in Lynchburg on December 11. They won't be overlooking anyone, especially Martinsville which is the best team they have faced since Gate City, the most athletic overall, and a team that would likely be coming in 11-0 if they had Richlands' schedule.

+1

I was only talking hypothetical as far as them over looking Martinsville or anybody else. Most are predicting a blow out and I was just trying to give the other side.

I also have a lot of respect for Martinsville which I have stated on here and the Blues forum. They have a lot of team speed and are athletic which makes them dangerous!

We've heard a lot of talk about Cave ( mostly from fans ) and I was just saying what "could" happen if you are looking ahead.

Do I think they will.......no I don't. I think they know they have a good chance to achieve their goals.......one game at a time !

Edited by Bigrhsfan