Running Clock

Falconman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First like to congratulate my Falcons on an outstanding season. You represented the nation well. My thoughts from Friday, well running comes to mind:

- First, the visitors locker room is a freaking mile from the field (I watched some of our guys have to run onto to the field to make it on time). This was a disadvantage for us - the vhsl should look into that, that is just too far to walk/run. Who designs a place like that? Poor engineering if you ask me.

- Second, Magna Vista was constantly running away from contact utilizing speed. They seemed to be scared of contact. I wasn't impressed, they are finesse team who didn't want the physical play of the Falcons.

- Third, we struggled with the running clock. Honestly, I hate that rule!:mad: We couldn't focus on the task at hand because looked like our guys were struggling by having to hurrying up and being rushed to get a play off (Jake was constantly running for his life and scrambling). :confused:

Finally, I hate it for my Falcons. They worked hard, fought well, and just ran out of time. I wish the rest of the SWD teams good luck. But, listen to Falconman : "don't let the clock run out on you!" :eek:

This should be an episode of REALLY SNL.

The walk from the locker room was a reason we lost,REALLY? We couldn't run the ball all night long.

MV ran away from contact because they were scared, REALLY? The objective of the game is to score as many points as possible.

The running clock was a reason Abingdon couldn't get plays off, REALLY? We have always had trouble getting plays off sense Bolwes has been here. He doesn't get plays in. Running clock or not, we have trouble getting plays in. Remember the delay of game on the 3 yard line on the opening drive. It cost us a TD rather than a FG.

Congrats to the Falcons on a good season, but let's keep the MV game in perspective.

Actually falconman if the clock was rolling on you all you could file a complaint with the VHSL because as I understand it the clock can not roll in the playoffs regardless of the score and if the clock was rolled during your game your coach could send a tape into the VHSL to see what could be done.

You are correct

Not from abingdon? haha funny. I've already answered that. But, just to give you an idea of my history here. My years here: I've seen the following: 2 new soccer fields, new track surface, new weightroom, The entrance become famous, principals come and go. But I have gained so much here: I've had great teachers such as Mrs. Salyers, Mrs. Norman, Coach Farris (both who've left) and my current favorite teacher "Ms. Fore" advise me on good colleges to consider. Their guidance has really helped me excel. So, I don't have to explain myself Carsmikel or Bamasmurf. I know you can't help but wish you could be a Falcon, but sorry, only the best can claim that my friend. :D

You don't have to explain yourself, yet you chose to.

First like to congratulate my Falcons on an outstanding season. You represented the nation well. My thoughts from Friday, well running comes to mind:

- First, the visitors locker room is a freaking mile from the field (I watched some of our guys have to run onto to the field to make it on time). This was a disadvantage for us - the vhsl should look into that, that is just too far to walk/run. Who designs a place like that? Poor engineering if you ask me.

- Second, Magna Vista was constantly running away from contact utilizing speed. They seemed to be scared of contact. I wasn't impressed, they are finesse team who didn't want the physical play of the Falcons.

- Third, we struggled with the running clock. Honestly, I hate that rule!:mad: We couldn't focus on the task at hand because looked like our guys were struggling by having to hurrying up and being rushed to get a play off (Jake was constantly running for his life and scrambling). :confused:

Finally, I hate it for my Falcons. They worked hard, fought well, and just ran out of time. I wish the rest of the SWD teams good luck. But, listen to Falconman : "don't let the clock run out on you!" :eek:

Ps: Hey Marion, notice the clock ran out on you! haha

Well, I'd like to congratulate the Tennessee Vols on an outstanding game Saturday. Just a few things I've observed so far :

Oregon - We were winning and then a lightning storm hit. After that Oregon and LaMichael James was running away from contact utilizing speed, they didnt want the physical play of the Vols.

Florida - Their fans were too loud, the NCAA should look into this.

LSU - The refs didnt let us get away with 13 players on the field. They must have had an agenda, and clearly didnt like Tennessee.

Georgia - Their fans bark like dogs and their band plays when they score, the NCAA needs to look in to this.

Alabama - Julio Jones is too tall for our secondary to cover, poor engineering if you ask me.

South Carolina - Our players had to get off the bus and walk to the dressing room. Like LaMichael James, Lattimore avoided contact by using speed. He tried to cut and dodge would-be tacklers. Didnt want any of the physical play of the Vols.

But bless their orange hearts, they were the little engine that could on Saturday.

well, i'd like to congratulate the tennessee vols on an outstanding game saturday. Just a few things i've observed so far :

Oregon - we were winning and then a lightning storm hit. After that oregon and lamichael james was running away from contact utilizing speed, they didnt want the physical play of the vols.

Florida - their fans were too loud, the ncaa should look into this.

Lsu - the refs didnt let us get away with 13 players on the field. They must have had an agenda, and clearly didnt like tennessee.

Georgia - their fans bark like dogs and their band plays when they score, the ncaa needs to look in to this.

Alabama - julio jones is too tall for our secondary to cover, poor engineering if you ask me.

South carolina - our players had to get off the bus and walk to the dressing room. Like lamichael james, lattimore avoided contact by using speed. He tried to cut and dodge would-be tacklers. Didnt want any of the physical play of the vols.

But bless their orange hearts, they were the little engine that could on saturday.

+1,000,000

Well, I'd like to congratulate the Tennessee Vols on an outstanding game Saturday. Just a few things I've observed so far :

Oregon - We were winning and then a lightning storm hit. After that Oregon and LaMichael James was running away from contact utilizing speed, they didnt want the physical play of the Vols.

LSU - The refs didnt let us get away with 13 players on the field. They must have had an agenda, and clearly didnt like Tennessee.

Georgia - Their fans bark like dogs and their band plays when they score, the NCAA needs to look in to this.

Alabama - Julio Jones is too tall for our secondary to cover, poor engineering if you ask me.

South Carolina - Our players had to get off the bus and walk to the dressing room. Like LaMichael James, Lattimore avoided contact by using speed. He tried to cut and dodge would-be tacklers. Didnt want any of the physical play of the Vols.

But bless their orange hearts, they were the little engine that could on Saturday.

Hahahahaha. Nicely done.

I am truly impressed. All Falconman didn't use was the little league classic, "the sun was in my eyes."

Actually falconman if the clock was rolling on you all you could file a complaint with the VHSL because as I understand it the clock can not roll in the playoffs regardless of the score and if the clock was rolled during your game your coach could send a tape into the VHSL to see what could be done.

Actually, Falconman has never let the rules of the game come between him and a good excuse....lol !

Classic....LOL ! Great post !!....lol

funniest thread of the year!!!!

Down by 42 and think you can come back and TIE????

"We couldn't focus on the task at hand because looked like our guys were struggling by having to hurrying up and being rushed to get a play off "

This is the BEST excuse I've EVER seem/heard!

Here's the thing about the "running clock"... it's only used on the GAME clock... the PLAY clock doesn't change. If your guys don't know which CLOCK is which... well, i dunno.

And to the "there's no running clock in the playoffs" ppl... you don't know jack.

in the Grundy game this week, the clock was at 2:35 and they ran a play, no flags or timeouts or anything and the clock went to 2:30 because it was incomplete pass I think...for some reason, the refs must have been keeping the time on the field or something but they put the clock back to 2:35 and I have no idea why? lol...it was odd.

we were b.s.'n around up there all night.

Brad forgot to stop the clock and ran some extra time off (like 2 or 3 seconds) and the refs adjusted it.... maybe a little too far?... but 2:35 was what came down from up top.

I've always been baffled by that... I thought the "official" time was ALWAYS kept on the field, yet you very seldom see the scoreboard get adjusted.

I wonder how often a play has been run after the official time has expired, and how many times the quarter/half/game has ended with time left?

we were b.s.'n around up there all night.

Brad forgot to stop the clock and ran some extra time off (like 2 or 3 seconds) and the refs adjusted it.... maybe a little too far?... but 2:35 was what came down from up top.

I've always been baffled by that... I thought the "official" time was ALWAYS kept on the field, yet you very seldom see the scoreboard get adjusted.

I wonder how often a play has been run after the official time has expired, and how many times the quarter/half/game has ended with time left?

this was another thing i've never seen done before in HS football...even knowing what you said here, i have no idea why they would stop the game and reset the clock like that...never seen it happen before under those type of circumstances.

No, big difference. Falcon Coaches know how to count to 11 and ensure to keep 11 on the field. Apparently, math is not a prerequisite to coach at Knoxville. Speaking of Knoxville, I personally think it is dirty and needs to be cleaned up. There's grafitti and run down buildings every where. Camelot on the other hand, is beautiful. So don't compare my Falcons anymore to you sorry college team!:mad:

Ps: Sorry falconfan1 (I know you love your Vols) but he mocked the Falcons!

I may be wrong but if both coaches agree to it the 35 point clock rule can be used.

That is the play clock and I think it is 25. This is not basketball-you don't have a shot clock. Have you ever been to a game? :confused:

On a serious note, I should have some playoff picks later in the week. Last night, Stripes helped me pick some games. You guys from Richlands will not be happy, oh well what can I say you are always looking for something to come after me for. I will give you Stripes' predictions later in the week. Stay tuned!

Sorry hackman, I decided to keep Stripes! :(

Actually, Falconman has never let the rules of the game come between him and a good excuse....lol !

I know Falconman and he is the last one to make an excuse. He is one of the toughest guys I know. I have seen him play golf all day and still party all night long. (I hope this doesn't get you in trouble) Here is the deal guys-we just call it like we see it. You guys just can't handle the truth!