My Epic 1000th Post

Most other 1000th posts don't even matter. In fact, 60% of the posts on here are meaningless "haha's" or "I agree's" or "Abingdon blows". But I wanted to go a step further and make a 1000th post that counts. Now, really, 1000 posts means jack when you look at the all time greats like GMan and BluefieldRocks. They are like the Michael Jordan and Larry Bird of our beloved sports forum. I'm more like a feisty John Starks, because like John Starks, I hate chairs.

35575.jpg?v=1

Pictured above, the actual memorial for all the chair ass John Starks kicked as a Knick.

But this forum and message board is special. I've made friends here, which is a weird, unnatural dynamic given that I've not seen any of your faces and for that I'm very thankful. There is a reason most of you are on here and avoiding face-to-face interaction with your own species. I'm willing to bet there are even some of you who look like a cheeseburger mated with an antelope.

cheeseburger_antelope.png

Pictured above: Someone reading this now

Now to be honest, my post count should be 1,001 as we speak. The very first post I made on here was stricken for its inappropriateness. I really was like John Starks.

jordanstarks1wz3.jpg&t=1

Pictured above: Me and GMan after my first post.

I'd love to go back through and recap all the great moments I've had in my first 1000 posts but it would take all day and most of you have already stopped reading. Screw it, I'll give it a try.

*There was that time I went to Grundy and told about it - you boys love your Grundy. We talked about Grundy (http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15754&highlight=trip+grundy) for four pages. There were more posts here about the town of Grundy than there are things left in Grundy.

*There was that time I had a quote land in Lance's signature, probably the highlight of my career here. "Anyone can go undefeated if they win all their games"

*My info graphic anti-Abingdon phase, of course

th_teamworry-1.jpg

th_falconnation2.png

*And my all-time favorite post. http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13403&highlight=things+taught

I've learned that UVA-Observer is smarter than me and I don't agree with a thing he says - too bad he's the nicest guy alive. VHSLHelper is all-knowing and he will let you know in a way that makes you feel dumber than you already were. GMan trails everything with a dot dot dot to make you think something else caught his attention before he finished his thought. Every time I read a GMan post, I imagine that somewhere near him there is an emergency that needs tended to and it probably involves his liquor stock. And although the two "douche birds" are always here to get us riled up, they entertain me so I'm thankful for that too.

Here's to another 1000 posts on a great forum.

Most other 1000th posts don't even matter. In fact, 60% of the posts on here are meaningless "haha's" or "I agree's" or "Abingdon blows". But I wanted to go a step further and make a 1000th post that counts. Now, really, 1000 posts means jack when you look at the all time greats like GMan and BluefieldRocks. They are like the Michael Jordan and Larry Bird of our beloved sports forum. I'm more like a feisty John Starks, because like John Starks, I hate chairs.

35575.jpg?v=1

Pictured above, the actual memorial for all the chair ass John Starks kicked as a Knick.

But this forum and message board is special. I've made friends here, which is a weird, unnatural dynamic given that I've not seen any of your faces and for that I'm very thankful. There is a reason most of you are on here and avoiding face-to-face interaction with your own species. I'm willing to bet there are even some of you who look like a cheeseburger mated with an antelope.

Now to be honest, my post count should be 1,001 as we speak. The very first post I made on here was stricken for its inappropriateness. I really was like John Starks.

jordanstarks1wz3.jpg&t=1

I'd love to go back through and recap all the great moments I've had in my first 1000 posts but it would take all day and most of you have already stopped reading. Screw it, I'll give it a try.

*There was that time I went to Grundy and told about it - you boys love your Grundy. We talked about Grundy (http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15754&highlight=trip+grundy) for four pages. There were more posts here about the town of Grundy than there are things left in Grundy.

*There was that time I had a quote land in Lance's signature, probably the highlight of my career here. "Anyone can go undefeated if they win all their games"

th_teamworry-1.jpg

th_falconnation2.png

*And my all-time favorite post. http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13403&highlight=things+taught

I've learned that UVA-Observer is smarter than me and I don't agree with a thing he says - too bad he's the nicest guy alive. VHSLHelper is all-knowing and he will let you know in a way that makes you feel dumber than you already were. GMan trails everything with a dot dot dot to make you think something else caught his attention before he finished his thought. Every time I read a GMan post, I imagine that somewhere near him there is an emergency that needs tended to and it probably involves his liquor stock. And although the two "douche birds" are always here to get us riled up, they entertain me so I'm thankful for that too.

+100000000000000000

Can I get administrative approval to sticky this thread? This is probably the best post I have seen on this board! LOL

Edit: P.S. I am approaching the 2,000 post mark... I've now got a little work to do. :D

Had some great battles with ya! I recognize the 2nd best bball player in the pic - MJ (2nd to Lebron), but who is this starks guy? Never heard of him? B.O.W. Congrats on the your 1000 - it just proves you have no life lol - I'll never make it there. I'm gone when i graduate. But, keep rolling if you know what I mean!:cool:

35575.jpg?v=1

jordanstarks1wz3.jpg&t=1

th_teamworry-1.jpg

th_falconnation2.png

To 1000 more, Deuces! Glad to share Hokie victories and defeats with you.

Edited by vthokies4life

Shoot, I've went around the 1000 post marker 4 times already. Been there, done that. ;)

But your 1000th was better than any of my 4000+. Very touching, both hilarious and moving. And my liberal counterpart, may I say that while we don't often agree on everything, you've got my respect. Hopefully one day I may be more like you in looking on the brighter side and giving more often the benefit of the doubt. That's worth more than its weight in smarts, and this I can say with certainty.

And here's to thousands of more posts from us both!

jordanstarks1wz3.jpg&t=1

What was so inappropriate about your first post? I cant seem to remember.

th_teamworry-1.jpg

th_falconnation2.png

Those are definitely two of my all time favorite posts on this board.

Congrats on 1000! I Look forward to reading the next 1000.

To be honest, I don't really remember what I said in my first post. But I learned right away that just because someone posts something stupid with inappropriate language does not mean you can reply to it angrily with inappropriate language. Even if its hilariously done and even if you pwned that dumb son of a .... well, you get my point.

Bum luck, really.

The entire thread got wiped out completely- it was like two years ago and for the life of me, I can't think of what it was about

Thanks for all the nice posts, fellas. Nice to be a member of the 1000 post club and nice to be welcomed to it by my posting elders.

And now that I have successfully revived John Starks, lets have a few moments:

February 6, 1996. John Starks abuses Dale Davis, and subsequently, a chair.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/1996/02/06/1996-02-06_knicks_temper_starks__tantrum.html

John Starks dunking on Jordan: (Me on GMan....)

And my favorite John Starks video of all time. Watch it, it's only 9 seconds long.

These John Starks moments have been brought to you by the John Starks Foundation. You can get John Starks to come give a motivational speech at your next group function. http://www.johnstarks.org/index.php. Seriously, you can.

And now that I have successfully revived John Starks, lets have a few moments:

February 6, 1996. John Starks abuses Dale Davis, and subsequently, a chair.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/1996/02/06/1996-02-06_knicks_temper_starks__tantrum.html

John Starks dunking on Jordan: (Me on GMan....)

And my favorite John Starks video of all time. Watch it, it's only 9 seconds long.

These John Starks moments have been brought to you by the John Starks Foundation. You can get John Starks to come give a motivational speech at your next group function. http://www.johnstarks.org/index.php. Seriously, you can.

All of us could aspire to be John Starks. Few are Jordan. When LeBron wins a ring maybe he gets consideration for GOAT.

Kobe or Jordan = GOAT

You really cant go wrong with either one.

What in the world has Lebron James done to even be mentioned with these 2?

I even hate hearing him compared to Magic Johnson.

Those fella's won titles, and Lebron is a choke artist who's won nothing.

If you're talking potential, then yes, Lebron has the potential to be the GOAT

If you're talking reality, then no, Lebron has accomplished nothing

Charles Barkley, AI, no rings. The Big O - ring with Jabbar. Wilt - ring with Jabbar. Elvin Hayes - ring with Wes Unseld. Earl the Pearl and Clyde Frazier no ring except together.

Many great NBA legends don't have the ring, or won it late in their careers paired with others. LeBron in my opinion has yet to do anything to be mentioned with those above. In truth, Chamberlin may still be GOAT. He just had the bad luck to play in the same conference as those legendary Celtic teams when he was in Philly. If his Warriors did get out of the Conference, they faced those legendary Laker teams.

Charles Barkley, AI, no rings. The Big O - ring with Jabbar. Wilt - ring with Jabbar. Elvin Hayes - ring with Wes Unseld. Earl the Pearl and Clyde Frazier no ring except together.

Many great NBA legends don't have the ring, or won it late in their careers paired with others. LeBron in my opinion has yet to do anything to be mentioned with those above. In truth, Chamberlin may still be GOAT. He just had the bad luck to play in the same conference as those legendary Celtic teams when he was in Philly. If his Warriors did get out of the Conference, they faced those legendary Laker teams.

Chamberlain was so ridiculously obsessed with stats that he put his success over the success of his teams. If he had allowed his teammates to shine more, Russell wouldn't have 11 championships and be one of the Top 2 players of all time...

Chamberlain was so ridiculously obsessed with stats that he put his success over the success of his teams. If he had allowed his teammates to shine more, Russell wouldn't have 11 championships and be one of the Top 2 players of all time...

Russell was no doubt the glue of the Celtics, but Wilt had to pump stats since he had no help until he went to the Lakers. The only stats he was obsessed with was his conquests off the court.