Friday night updates

VHSLhelper

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sigh)

Bluefield was driving, had first and goal, and then FUMBLED the ball. Ugh. Still 21-6, not a comfortable place for Bluefield.

What the? So Ravenswood has the ball, and after the first play, BLUEFIELD calls a time out. Not enough of those to make them punt. Waste of a time out, and maybe helped Ravenswood have more time to run the field with about 40 seconds left. And then...they do it again. Called time out and forced 3rd down, but Bluefield has no more time outs.

Edited by BeaverHokie

(sigh)

Bluefield was driving, had first and goal, and then FUMBLED the ball. Ugh. Still 21-6, not a comfortable place for Bluefield.

I still have no clue why there hassn't been more throws to Woodrum. He's got a size advantage even if he is double teamed.

Fox has hardly touched the ball offensively in the past 4-5 games, but tonight he's suddenly the workhorse and fumbles inside the 10-yardline, wow! Where's the fade to Woodrum with him being defended one-on-one by a player nearly a foot shorter? Unless something changes significantly in the second half Bluefield's season is going to end tonight. They're getting outplayed and out-coached at this point...

Fox has hardly touched the ball offensively in the past 4-5 games, but tonight he's suddenly the workhorse and fumbles inside the 10-yardline, wow! Where's the fade to Woodrum with him being defended one-on-one by a player nearly a foot shorter? Unless something changes significantly in the second half Bluefield's season is going to end tonight.

Tell ya what is concerning me. I am hearing them say "empty backfield" for Bluefield way too much. Gives the defense the idea exactly what you're doing.

EDIT: HALFTIME, Ravenswood 21 Bluefield 6.

Tell ya what is concerning me. I am hearing them say "empty backfield" for Bluefield way too much. Gives the defense the idea exactly what you're doing.

EDIT: HALFTIME, Ravenswood 21 Bluefield 6.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know what the solution is, but the offense needs to find itself and the defense start playing like they have been. The first series of the second half is going to be the biggest, most important series of the season to this point.