Friday night updates

VHSLhelper

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more. I don't know what the solution is, but the offense needs to find itself and the defense start playing like they have been. The first series of the second half is going to be the biggest, most important series of the season to this point.

I missed the first half. Who gets the ball first, Bluefield or Ravenswood?

DEFENSE!!!!! Obviously, Galax is playing outstanding tonight. All the talk this week in the Roanoke Valley was not if EM would win, but how much EM would win by! Folks around here did not give Galax any hope of winning. Interesting?

Well if I'm correct East Mont only beat Galax 38-26 in regular season . So Galax must be a very fine ball club.

Fox has hardly touched the ball offensively in the past 4-5 games, but tonight he's suddenly the workhorse and fumbles inside the 10-yardline, wow! Where's the fade to Woodrum with him being defended one-on-one by a player nearly a foot shorter? Unless something changes significantly in the second half Bluefield's season is going to end tonight. They're getting outplayed and out-coached at this point...

Yeh, I've been wondering the same thing about the play calling...Fritz having a tough time swallowing tonight???

If anyone can turn it around it's the Bluefield staff, but I'm sure they'd readily admit they were out-coached in the first half. And Bluefield will receive the second half kickoff...

Agreed. I'm not about to bash Freddy on this. We have a heck of a coaching staff, but we clearly did not adjust well to what Ravenswood was doing in the first half. We're not used to playing from behind, and I really hope they don't get so desperate, that we pass on every play. That empty backfield stuff worries me, the DL knows they can tee off and only pass rush, the linebackers know they can drop into coverage from the snap. Ravenswood is playing a zone coverage, we have to find where to get the ball to Woodrum, Steptoe, and Williams in the holes in that coverage.

galax played carroll really tough in the opening scrimage only losing to a tough doubleA team by 2 with the addition of new coach dixon Galax has turned into a force to be reconned with believe me i know. i was a senior on this years carroll team galax is a great bunch

I wonder what the chances are we might see Edwards in at QB in the second half at some point? The kid is a significantly better passer, but obviously lacks the experience. The coaches didn't throw in there earlier in the year against Oak Hill for the heck of it.

galax played carroll really tough in the opening scrimage only losing to a tough doubleA team by 2 with the addition of new coach dixon Galax has turned into a force to be reconned with believe me i know. i was a senior on this years carroll team galax is a great bunch

I hope Galax holds on. Mountain Empire deserves more respect than it gets!

I've been listening to this game...Galax seems to be doing well on O...and East Mont seems to be lacking on D...and vice versa....

Good luck to Clintwood tomorrow! I always look forward to you guys coming down to the Roanoke Valley for the state championship game. Awesome fan support from far southwest Virginia. I always find myself on your side of the stadium.