greenville vs richlands..what a game that would be

vols4life

thoughts on this dream game..greenville tn champ vs richlands..

It would be a great game. Both are very good teams. While this match-up may never happen,we do have several players from both Richlands and Greenville who are participating in our FCA 2010 All-Star Senior Bowl classic two weeks from today on Dec.18th at Science Hill High School in Johnson City. 5 guys from Richlands who are on our roster are Will Lowe ,Cody Thomas ,Bradley Strong, Cody Lockhart ,and Albert Fajardo. Greenville has Tennessee player of the year qb ,Willie Carmicheal, BJ Spradlin rb/lb,and Chaz Story Lb . Both Greenville and Richlands have had great seasons,Greenville won state today 60-12. Hopefully Richlands can do the same next Saturday,also Gate City. We have 5 guys from GC on our roster, Seth Clark,Cody Davidson, Aaron Kiser , Logan Russell ,and Joesph Vaughn. We are proud of these young men from SWVA. My friends from Clintwood came just a wee bit short today in their game, We do have several of their guys on our team as well .Tennessee will be well represented by players from the mega 5-A schools such as Dobyns Bennet,Science Hill ,Tenn .High ,Daniel Boone and others. These seniors from both states will get a chance to wear their helmet one last time,represent their high school and meet other great senior athletes from nearly 50 different high schools. If possible come and support our guys from SWVA. Tickets are available at participating high schools at 6 dollars each. Drop your wife or girlfriend off at the mall just a couple of blocks from the school,let them do Christmas shopping and the guys watch the game. Got this idea from our friend Lance:)

Wave316,

Is Sensabaugh playing from DB? What about Crowder and Downs (UT commits) from Tn. High? Is there anywhere a roster is posted online for this game?

As far as a Greenville vs. Richlands game. Greenville Big. Very Big....

That is no disrepect to Richlands. I seen them play Gate City. They are very good. But I also seen Greenville play Tenn. High and they are at another level. I think they could beat anyone in the state of Tennessee this year other than maybe Alcoa and I think that would be a great game. They just have to many great players all over the field....

Edited by VOL61

Greeneville would win this one I think...that Carmichael kid is amazing...Greeneville is loaded with talent, speed, and size...this is not a team Richlands would be able to just pound and wear down. I've seen both teams play this year, not sure how many people here have...but, they are similar in a lot of ways, but as loaded as Richlands is I think Greeneville has a little more in the tank. Would be a good game, I don't think either team would roll or blow out the other.

Wave316,

Is Sensabaugh playing from DB? What about Crowder and Downs (UT commits) from Tn. High? Is there anywhere a roster is posted online for this game?

That is no disrepect to Richlands. I seen them play Gate City. They are very good. But I also seen Greenville play Tenn. High and they are at another level. I think they could beat anyone in the state of Tennessee this year other than maybe Alcoa and I think that would be a great game. They just have to many great players all over the field....

Not saying that Richlands would beat Greenville, but I wouldn't base my opinion on Richlands solely by the Gate City game. It was the first game of the season, and both teams were still working things out. I would say that both Gate City and Richlands have vastly improved since that game. I think if you would have watched them yesterday, your opinion may be a little different.

Richlands has a heck of a team. Like I said no disrepect at all. I only seen them in the Gate City game. So that is what I based my opinion on. Richlands is by far the best team in SWVA. No doubt. I am sure they have improved since that game. Even though I thought they where a great team after that game.

But I still say Greeneville would win this one. They just have better players and more of them....

Richlands doesn't have anyone like Carmicheal. The kid is a special player. He is really one of the best High School players I have ever seen with my own eyes. Also I would take Spradlin over Johnson. No disrepect again, Johnson is a great player. But Spradlin, that kid is a bulldozer with pretty good feet. Also Richlands is really good on the line of scrimmage but they have no one who could block Jamel Hall. He is only a JR but he will have several SEC offers next year. He is a big time player. Who IMO is probably the best DLinemen I have ever seen in northeast TN and there isn't anyone close....

JMO...

Wave316,

Hey Vols61, Sensebaugh is not playing in this game,believe he is playing in another game at Carson Newman. From DB ,there is Sean Seabolt,Maurice Cannon,and Rusty Clark,and Brandon Leeper. Three guys from Tenn High are Brandon Rutherford,Bobby Quinn,and Cody Carter. Tennessee's roster can be found at tricitiessports.com

Hey Vols61, Sensebaugh is not playing in this game,believe he is playing in another game at Carson Newman. From DB ,there is Sean Seabolt,Maurice Cannon,and Rusty Clark,and Brandon Leeper. Three guys from Tenn High are Brandon Rutherford,Bobby Quinn,and Cody Carter. Tennessee's roster can be found at tricitiessports.com

Thanks wave,

I am going to try and make this one. It looks like Tennessee team will have alot of really good QB's. Hayden from South, Winchell from Central (who is really good player), Seabolt, and Carmicheal. Also the Shepard kid from Crockett and Spradlin from Greeneville are two good RB's. They are both more power backs but they can move.

Seems to me from looking at the roster they have some good skill people but I think the SWVA team may have the edge up front. Should be a good game.

Thanks wave,

I am going to try and make this one. It looks like Tennessee team will have alot of really good QB's. Hayden from South, Winchell from Central (who is really good player), Seabolt, and Carmicheal. Also the Shepard kid from Crockett and Spradlin from Greeneville are two good RB's. They are both more power backs but they can move.

Seems to me from looking at the roster they have some good skill people but I think the SWVA team may have the edge up front. Should be a good game.

Thanks Vols61,help spread the word about the game ,ok. It's the first one we have ever done between Va. and Tenn. We want to give a trophy in honor of Jake Logue of Sullivan South. We also hope to give a lot of guys a chance to play in a game like this who don't get invited to the bigger All-Star games. This game also promotes faith and fellowship. If you notice the Tenn roster how many Coaches are working together,same for Va. The game is suppossed to be televised by WJHL TV and re-aired that night. I appreciate your interest in the game and I'm looking forward to meeting both the Tenn players and Va .players at our banquets . Take care my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

The refs would prolly get involved!

You're obviously getting your jollies, and clearly relishing in the fact that Richlands came out on the short end of a very poorly officiated game. Enjoy it while you can, because next year will be here soon enough. I doubt the Richlands/Tazewell result will be much different than it was this season. I could be wrong, but be prepared for a little piling on by me after the game next year because of your gloating about this game. Take that to the bank.

You're obviously getting your jollies, and clearly relishing in the fact that Richlands came out on the short end of a very poorly officiated game. Enjoy it while you can, because next year will be here soon enough. I doubt the Richlands/Tazewell result will be much different than it was this season. I could be wrong, but be prepared for a little piling on by me after the game next year because of your gloating about this game. Take that to the bank.

Oh you going to pile it on hey? I have been posting here for many years now, I have dished it out and I have taken it as well, so there's not much you can say that's gonna get me fired up, just ask ole NadoBall!

Oh you going to pile it on hey? I have been posting here for many years now, I have dished it out and I have taken it as well, so there's not much you can say that's gonna get me fired up, just ask ole NadoBall!

I've been here a good while myself. This isn't my first rodeo either...and you and I have had our disagreements in the past.

And yeah, you're probably so used to losing over at good ol' THS that is doesn't phase you one bit. I understand. You've just gotten really good lately at being a cheap shot artist. It's all good.

Is anyone from here gonna film the SWVA/NET all star game? Could we maybe get some highlights or even a 10-15 minute cut of the game? that would be great! Ive gotta work and cant make it to the game

i have been asking about this and trying to find out...but WJHL is supposed to air the game live and replay it that night, so maybe someone could TIVO it and rip it to DVD for us all? I will be there, but I'd like to watch the game later as well.

i have been asking about this and trying to find out...but WJHL is supposed to air the game live and replay it that night, so maybe someone could TIVO it and rip it to DVD for us all? I will be there, but I'd like to watch the game later as well.

I hope WJHL does but cant find any info on it.