State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

Good post ! +1

Please guys, Nobody loves the Blues more than I do. But this game is over ! They ( Poquoson ) are the champions. All this talk about the refs is doing nothing but making us look bad. I understand the hurt, but it's not going to change a thing except make Richlands look bad.

Lets congratulate the young men from Poquoson and be there for our guys and move on. We need to learn to win and lose with a little more humility.....

You’re right Bigrhsfan. I tried to do that early on in this thread and take the high road, but I was drawn in by disparaging comments toward Richlands by others on this board who want to pretend this game was called fairly by the officials on both sides, and that those complaining didn’t have a reason to complain. We all know that’s crap...even those who are opposing us know that. That said, I’m done here. Congrats to Poquoson on their Championship.

Edited by blueinbama

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
Good post ! +1

Please guys, Nobody loves the Blues more than I do. But this game is over ! They ( Poquoson ) are the champions. All this talk about the refs is doing nothing but making us look bad. I understand the hurt, but it's not going to change a thing except make Richlands look bad.

Lets congratulate the young men from Poquoson and be there for our guys and move on. We need to learn to win and lose with a little more humility.....

Thank you for your attitude, and I want to say I was very impressed with my first experience watching HS football from SWVA. Your boys obviously belonged in the championship and I wish that Central VA had that caliber of football in our area (Hermitage was overrated). I understand that everyone has fans like BlueinBama and RHS1987 so I dont take it as a reflection on the people of your area.

Guest The Variable
No, it’s a fact because it happened, and there are credible people who witnessed it.

methinks you need to look up the word heresay.

Those of us who saw the game know what happened, and that’s a fact as well. Looking through your eyes with blinders on doesn’t change the fact that the outcome of the game was decided by bogus calls from the officials. That’s a FACT.

Laughable and ignorant. I am the one here who was at the game and isnt a fan of EITHER school, and you are the staunch supporter of the losing team and I am the one with blinders on.

You keep telling yourself that. Like Sandman said, 30 years from now when you are still pining over the knights templar having the freemasons fix the 2010 Va Division 3 state finals because of their arch nemisis in South Western VA must pay for their insolence.

again: :rolleyes:

http://www.wvva.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=5375419&h1=Richlands%20Finishes%20State%20Runner-Up%20After%2023-17%20Loss&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=141600&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=25260312

Here are some highlights from the game. At around 38 seconds you can see the controversial PI call that allowed Poquoson to score the touchdown that gave them the lead. It isn't the best view, but you can obviouslty see that Fajardo was in front of the receiver and was playing the ball. You can also see that the ref standing right beside of the play, called the pass incomplete...but I guess the ref in the endzone had a better view. Not to mention the ball was uncatchable.

You can also see the onside kick. Again, not the best view, but you can clearly see that Reece is past the 50 yard line when he covers the ball.

http://www.wvva.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=5375419&h1=Richlands%20Finishes%20State%20Runner-Up%20After%2023-17%20Loss&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=141600&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=25260312

Here are some highlights from the game. At around 38 seconds you can see the controversial PI call that allowed Poquoson to score the touchdown that gave them the lead. It isn't the best view, but you can obviouslty see that Fajardo was in front of the receiver and was playing the ball. You can also see that the ref standing right beside of the play, called the pass incomplete...but I guess the ref in the endzone had a better view. Not to mention the ball was uncatchable.

You can also see the onside kick. Again, not the best view, but you can clearly see that Reece is past the 50 yard line when he covers the ball.

Fajardo did not turn his head to find the ball, I'm not sure about high school, but in NFL and college that is automatic PI almost every single time.

Fajardo did not turn his head to find the ball, I'm not sure about high school, but in NFL and college that is automatic PI almost every single time.

There was no contact...he was down field from the receiver. I wouldnt matter if he looked for the ball or not, he didn't interfere. The only way that would matter is if the defender didn't look for the ball and just stuck his hands up and interfered with the catch. The ball was way over thrown anyways...uncatchable. There is a series of pictures that I just looked at that TJ Witten posted of the game, it actually shows Fajardo looking back at the ball.

Also, I was mistaken about the ref that threw the flag, it was actually the ref giving the incomplete signal in the video, had just threw the flag before that.

Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-9182

The way it looks, with Fajardo farther downfield from the WR, there could have been illegal contact before the ball was thrown. Always a possibility, or right as the ball was thrown a small shove. But it's hard to tell since I was not there, and most people are watching the QB until he throws the ball. Refs might have seen something no one else saw because they were focused on the QB.

Guest The Variable
There was no contact...he was down field from the receiver. I wouldnt matter if he looked for the ball or not, he didn't interfere. The only way that would matter is if the defender didn't look for the ball and just stuck his hands up and interfered with the catch. The ball was way over thrown anyways...uncatchable. There is a series of pictures that I just looked at that TJ Witten posted of the game, it actually shows Fajardo looking back at the ball.

Also, I was mistaken about the ref that threw the flag, it was actually the ref giving the incomplete signal in the video, had just threw the flag before that.

Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-9182

This was the play I had a terrible view of. But this video, as you said does not show a whole lot either. The way the camera was angled, there could have been contact not long after the ball was released and that may have been why the DB had such a lead on the ball.

I havent seen the pictures yet, I may just take a look.

Guest The Variable

Okay the pictures only show the very end of the play...if the interference happened prior to that point of the play, it doesnt matter if he looked at the ball AFTER the interference. The ball looks close enough that if there was a shove it would have been catchable.

Okay the pictures only show the very end of the play...if the interference happened prior to that point of the play, it doesnt matter if he looked at the ball AFTER the interference. The ball looks close enough that if there was a shove it would have been catchable.

I really wish there was a video online of this entire play. I obviously wasn't keyed in on these two players the entire play, so I'm not sure what happened before the pass was thrown. But this was a fairly long pass play, so the ball was in the air for a good amount of time. Once the ball was thrown I moved my focus to these two players. I can honestly say that I didn't see anything once the ball was thrown. But of course I have been wrong before.

Guest The Variable
I really wish there was a video online of this entire play. I obviously wasn't keyed in on these two players the entire play, so I'm not sure what happened before the pass was thrown. But this was a fairly long pass play, so the ball was in the air for a good amount of time. Once the ball was thrown I moved my focus to these two players. I can honestly say that I didn't see anything once the ball was thrown. But of course I have been wrong before.

Once he started his wind up I looked downfield but with all the kids on the sidelines it was worse than looking through a picket fence. I thought it was going to be an interception but no. I got a great look at the ensuing touchdown, he looked like Darren McFadden for about 5 seconds.

i would just like to point out that this discussion is already more productive than any prior to it lol. mainly because there is actually talking not accusing back and forth. football, and sports in general, are much more enjoyed this way. :-)

i would just like to point out that this discussion is already more productive than any prior to it lol. mainly because there is actually talking not accusing back and forth. football, and sports in general, are much more enjoyed this way. :-)

I agree. Some people take this stuff a little personal. What really gets me are people that weren't even at the game came on here just to tell people that actually saw the game how wrong they are.

We all saw what we believe we saw...I don think anyone is making anything up, just for the sake of causing trouble. It just depends on perspective.

Guest The Variable
I agree. Some people take this stuff a little personal. What really gets me are people that weren't even at the game came on here just to tell people that actually saw the game how wrong they are.

We all saw what we believe we saw...I don think anyone is making anything up, just for the sake of causing trouble. It just depends on perspective.

Are you saying that this game was what we thought it was?

dgreen.jpg

Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-9181

The guy with a video camera (Carl York) was with me. (seem in the picture) We where take pictures for the "Kroger Crunch" (a week high school review of team in the Roanoke Valley) I will ask him for the tape of that play. He said the contact looked light to him. As you can see, I did turn to the reciever till the ball was in the air.

The guy with a video camera (Carl York) was with me. (seem in the picture) We where take pictures for the "Kroger Crunch" (a week high school review of team in the Roanoke Valley) I will ask him for the tape of that play. He said the contact looked light to him. As you can see, I did turn to the reciever till the ball was in the air.

is that the PI call everyone is talking about? as you can also see i am standing right there, and the receiver from Richlands pushed off big time.

is that the PI call everyone is talking about? as you can also see i am standing right there, and the receiver from Richlands pushed off big time.

No they are talking about the Def. PI that was called on the Blues in the second half.

Guest The Variable

Those are great pictures by the way.

so i just checked WikiLeaks and there were secret government documents leaked showing that the US Government was conspiring to keep Richlands from winning the State Championship :D

so i just checked WikiLeaks and there were secret government documents leaked showing that the US Government was conspiring to keep Richlands from winning the State Championship :D

hahahahahahaha. woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww