State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

I was not at the game, I pulled for Richlands and everything, I didnt see any of the calls made by the refs. But I think making a facebook page about the refs screwing you out of a win is pretty damn pathetic and is taking it to an extreme.

and demanding a rematch. they need to be careful what you ask for you may get it and more than they want.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no you have not been but others have been crying about all the bad calls and even saying this was intentional. that is what is bothering people here because some fans from rhs ga ve other posters here grief when we complained about officiating when playing the blues. told us to get past it you we lost to a better team. i feel that is what is bothering most here. cannot have your cake and eat it too. things happen and we move on get past it grow up and realize that life is not fair. but this is the system we have and play with it. until people want to hire and pay refs. a lot of money this will happen. and many will not want to pay higher admission fees for highschool games to do this.but to those that continue to want to complain about the calls that were bad against rhs i am sorry. join the rest of us here who feel that happened to our teams when playing rhs. this year and other years.and i for one am just as guilty of complaining about refs when ghs plays blfd. but i realize this is the game and move on.

We will realize it too, but has only been two days. I'm sure you bitched for more than two days when it happened to you. When it's time to move on, we'll move on.

Edited by blueinbama

hey the only thing richlands can say is.."ya cant win em all" and for ur sorry whining school, thats a perfect motto..hope yalls player had a nice group hug on that longg bus ride home...that trophy is gonna look real nice sittin at PHS...#11 from Richlands also deserves to be thrown around like a rag doll...wait he was during the game by jay diggs...and yea ill blame the refs for not making that game more embarassing for the richlands team..it woulda been like 41-17 if our 2 td's didnt get called back...thank you

We will realize it too, but has only been two days. I'm sure you bitched for more than two days when it happened to you. When it's time to move on, we'll move on.

actually on the ghs 01 title game with harrisonburg my son was on that ghs team. i complained in the stands and till i got back to blfd but as soon as i picked my son up at the school i dropped it and congratulated him on a good game and good sportsmanship he and the team showed. and from that point on i left it at the field and my car. i tried to instill in my son that you may not win all the time but enjoy winning with class and losing the same way.

actually on the ghs 01 title game with harrisonburg my son was on that ghs team. i complained in the stands and till i got back to blfd but as soon as i picked my son up at the school i dropped it and congratulated him on a good game and good sportsmanship he and the team showed. and from that point on i left it at the field and my car. i tried to instill in my son that you may not win all the time but enjoy winning with class and losing the same way.

I don’t think this message board was around in ’01, but I’m sure if it was and you had read about it all day every day you probably would have responded differently. So you’ll have to forgive those of us who choose to discuss it a little longer, or not, that’s your call. Discussion and venting is the purpose of message boards.

Edited by blueinbama

I don’t think this message board was around in ’01, but I’m sure if it was and you had read about it all day every day you probably would have responded differently. So you’ll have to forgive those of us who choose to discuss it a little longer, or not, that’s your call. Discussion and venting is the purpose of message boards.

yea discussion and venting are good but for those that cannot accept the fact that rhs lost and have to blame the refs for this loss is not good just like to thread where some were claiming rhs the best team ever was a bit premature and now they have to make up for this by blameing someone else.i think the jest of this is accept the loss and move on rhs had a great season it just ended one game short.

not for sure it it was but the way it is today started in 03 when they changed formats i think. could be wrong but could ask gman and he could tell you when he started this site.

GMan, where's the banhammer? Let's see it!

whats wrong, just stating some facts thats all. most of you all like to sit here and complain about refs. when almost all the calls were correct. I watched one of the richlands players throw one poquoson player to the ground by his facemask. DIRTY,yall complain about refs. i complain about you all complaining about the refs.

GMan, where's the banhammer? Let's see it!

whats wrong, just stating some facts thats all. most of you all like to sit here and complain about refs. when almost all the calls were correct. I watched one of the richlands players throw one poquoson player to the ground by his facemask. DIRTY,yall complain about refs. i complain about you all complaining about the refs.

I dont see anything wrong with that?

why cant we all just leave this as, a great game played by both teams, one team had to win the other had to lose. accept and move on with our lives. there is absolutely no chance of a rematch or a reversal so what is the point of all the complaining. Richlands was a very good team as was Poquoson, stop taking away from a well played game with blaming the refs.

yea discussion and venting are good but for those that cannot accept the fact that rhs lost and have to blame the refs for this loss is not good just like to thread where some were claiming rhs the best team ever was a bit premature and now they have to make up for this by blameing someone else.i think the jest of this is accept the loss and move on rhs had a great season it just ended one game short.

I just went back a re-read the entire thread about Richlands being the best team ever. There was only one person in the entire thread that said this years team was the best ever in SWVA, and that was....the person that created the thread. And I'm pretty sure he isn't even a Richlands fan. Everyone keeps bringing that thread up, like it makes Richlands look bad, but I think you need to go back and read it. Most of the talk was about past teams at Richlands or other schools.

And the thing about blaming the refs. I think most of that fans that have posted on here voiving their opinion of the refs have accepted the lose. And we know that there is no way it is going to change...but we are still displeased with the officiating in the game. There is nothing wrong with being unhappy with something, and just because you're unhappy doesn't mean you are a crybaby. I also think its funny that most of the people that are talking crap to us that are saying anything about the refs, didn't even see the game...so how the hell do they know if the officiating was fair or not.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I just went back a re-read the entire thread about Richlands being the best team ever. There was only one person in the entire thread that said this years team was the best ever in SWVA, and that was....the person that created the thread. And I'm pretty sure he isn't even a Richlands fan. Everyone keeps bringing that thread up, like it makes Richlands look bad, but I think you need to go back and read it. Most of the talk was about past teams at Richlands or other schools.

And the thing about blaming the refs. I think most of that fans that have posted on here voiving their opinion of the refs have accepted the lose. And we know that there is no way it is going to change...but we are still displeased with the officiating in the game. There is nothing wrong with being unhappy with something, and just because you're unhappy doesn't mean you are a crybaby. I also think its funny that most of the people that are talking crap to us that are saying anything about the refs, didn't even see the game...so how the hell do they know if the officiating was fair or not.

any and every game someone can cry that the officiating was, bad! Remember the Regional ChampionShip in Tazewell a few years ago, I think we were told to just suck it up and get over

Hey guys,

On a very serious note, One of the Poq kids was badly injured in our game. He has been in ICU with a torn pancreas and is having a really tough time .

His name is Austin Turner and was the freshman receiver that was sandwiched between our 2 guys.

I know that as Blues fans we are hurting over losing the game, but I hope you will do as I am and keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers !

He is a high school kid and I hate to see any kid from any team get hurt, much less an injury such as this.

So please keep him in you prayers !

i am not sure if everyone knows this and i do think we all need to remember what is important here.

i am not sure if everyone knows this and i do think we all need to remember what is important here.

I just found out it it is his pancreas and not the spleen, but still serious enough. he may be in the hospital for 2 to 4 weeks.

I went back and changed the original post to pancreas to make it right.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

I have a friend @ my Sail club who is now a college ref, he did HS for many years. He said people call your home, reporters talk to your kids. I really don't know why anyone would do it. he played @ Cave Spring and love football.

VHLS picks the best refs for playoff games, it's a honor to be picked. My guess is Richlands was used to a loosely called game, and these guys called it tight. I did not stay for the second game, but my Buddy who was also taking pictures with me did and he said a ton of flags flew too.

I had a record # of views on flickr over 15000. Guess the Number #1 yesterday?

Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-5898

I have a friend @ my Sail club who is now a college ref, he did HS for many years. He said people call your home, reporters talk to your kids. I really don't know why anyone would do it. he played @ Cave Spring and love football.

VHLS picks the best refs for playoff games, it's a honor to be picked. My guess is Richlands was used to a loosely called game, and these guys called it tight. I did not stay for the second game, but my Buddy who was also taking pictures with me did and he said a ton of flags flew too.

I had a record # of views on flickr over 15000. Guess the Number #1 yesterday?

Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-5898

hahaha i always try to be #1! thank you for the pic, i just wish i could get a copy of it for myself.

That's not going way out of the way to incite something? Seems like I've seen people get banned for a whole lot less than saying "Bitchlands" and purposefully trying to piss people off. I don't have a dog in the fight, but enough's enough.

I try to give people a place to speak their mind...as long as its not beyond PG-13 around here and it doesn't directly call out a kid that plays the game, then let them say whatever and move on...you have to be a little thick skinned sometimes in life.

why cant we all just leave this as, a great game played by both teams, one team had to win the other had to lose. accept and move on with our lives. there is absolutely no chance of a rematch or a reversal so what is the point of all the complaining. Richlands was a very good team as was Poquoson, stop taking away from a well played game with blaming the refs.

I will GUARANTEE you that if Richlands had scored on the last drive and ended up winning 24-23 this board would be FLOODED with complaints about the officiating from Poquoson because of the two TD’s called back. GUARANTEED. No one is forced to participate in this discussion. This is a SW Va. message board. There are a ton of Richlands supporters who participate here. The message board was created for discussion. Some may not like the topic or the discussion, and that’s fine. Voice your opinion, but don’t tell people to stop talking about it just because you don’t like what is being said.

The officiating in this game was HORRIBLE. Saying it was called tight is a joke. It was called HORRIBLY, and everyone from fans, to media to VHSL representatives all saw that. One VHSL representative even apologized to Richlands supporters after the game. He himself said it was the worst officiated game he had seen in years. There were flags thrown when absolutely no penalty occurred at all (interference on Richlands). There were some no calls when face masks were grabbed and players were slung to the ground. At least 75% of those calls went in favor of Poquoson. Holding can be called on every play, but the officials conveniently called holding any time Richlands was moving the ball, killing the momentum of the drive.

Poquoson has a very good football team, and I’m not trying to take anything away from those kids who played their hearts out. They are not to blame here. But when officials completely dominate the flow of the game by throwing flags on one particular team in excess, they are not letting the players decide the game. Like it or not, those are the facts.

Edited by blueinbama