State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

Please don't judge the town of Poquoson and it's fans by one idiot. We have to tolerate him, because he is from here, but most of our fans are very respectful. We can't lock up people for foolishness- otherwise mohawk kid would have done some time.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...Mohawk kid = SWVAfootball

And that kid was not 6'9". But he was every bit of 265lb. Also, if he is in the military, he should know to handle himself a little better than that.

That "kid" is 24 and is 6' 9" 265 with a mohawk and hes in the military. Yall tried to stop him and then your little savior backed down. Poq 23- Bichlands 17. Nuffff Saidddd

Let's see now, he's in the military and has a mohawk. Not saying you are lying or anything, but you are. It was just a stunt by someone with a personality disorder craving attention. Personally, I laughed it off.

Please don't judge the town of Poquoson and it's fans by one idiot. We have to tolerate him, because he is from here, but most of our fans are very respectful. We can't lock up people for foolishness- otherwise mohawk kid would have done some time.

whoa whoa whoa, what did i do that was so horrible to make me a bad person? my sign was not offensive nor were my actions. so i walked around with a sign, big deal. i did exactly what i wanted to do, get the poquoson fans on their feet, just like i did when i was a student there as the mascot. i would do it again in an instant. there is a reason our fans were cheering me on. if what i did really ruined your day or hurt your feelings, then dont go to any college or pro sporting events. the real idiots are the people who get wasted and start screaming obscenities at refs, coaches and players. i am not saying Richland or Poquoson had fans like that, but come on were my actinos that bad? did i really cross a line?

That's a great line. Mind if I steal it?

Let's see now, he's in the military and has a mohawk. Not saying you are lying or anything, but you are. It was just a stunt by someone with a personality disorder craving attention. Personally, I laughed it off.

or i cut my hair into a mohawk for that game and then shaved it off afterwards. crazy idea

And that kid was not 6'9". But he was every bit of 265lb. Also, if he is in the military, he should know to handle himself a little better than that.

your right i am not 6'9" i am 6'8" and i only weigh 250 sorry to rain on your parade.

250+ pounds = not in the military. Weight requirements.

Or at least, hasn't been for a very long time.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step07_hw_usaf,,00.html

http://www.military.com/military-fitness/army-fitness-requirements/army-weight-control-charts

Edited by UVAObserver

here is a link to a picture of me holding the sign, its at an angle but you can read it. Richlands State finals - Dec 11th 2010-5898

Very spirited, and not a thing wrong with it in my opinion. I think one poster tried to make a big deal out of this. You’ll find most Richlands people had no problem with you at all. The guy saying Richlands people were afraid to confront you was trying to stir the pot. There’s nothing to stir in my opinion.

Very spirited, and not a thing wrong with it in my opinion. I think one poster tried to make a big deal out of this. You’ll find most Richlands people had no problem with you at all. The guy saying Richlands people were afraid to confront you was trying to stir the pot. There’s nothing to stir in my opinion.

thank you very much for your post, all i wanted to do was harmlessly pump up our fans. if i had thought it would have gotten physical or anything out of line i wouldnt have done it. thats why i dont understand all the criticism.

DPatt-

No problem with your sign. Just stay on the Poquoson side and get your own crowd revved up. This is not a college game- these are parents, grandparents, etc. from both sides driving a long way to see their boys play. I can assure you I would not have appreciated anyone running around the bulls side with tornado signs. But maybe I'm just old...

thank you very much for your post, all i wanted to do was harmlessly pump up our fans. if i had thought it would have gotten physical or anything out of line i wouldnt have done it. thats why i dont understand all the criticism.

Trust me, for most of us it’s all about the poster who tried to start trouble with the Richlands faithful by spouting off like a 12-year-old. It had nothing to do with anything else. Richlands has a ton of respect for Poquoson. You guys have a great football team, and the best team we have played all year. That defense is one tough bunch, and the best tackling defense I have seen in a long time. Congratulations on a well deserved victory. BTW I believe Grizzly is a Poquoson supporter if I’m not mistaken. I thought it was a show of spirit and nothing more.

Edited by blueinbama

DPatt-

No problem with your sign. Just stay on the Poquoson side and get your own crowd revved up. This is not a college game- these are parents, grandparents, etc. from both sides driving a long way to see their boys play. I can assure you I would not have appreciated anyone running around the bulls side with tornado signs. But maybe I'm just old...

i get what your saying Grizzly, but i highly doubt this makes me the town idiot, if you do know me and had to deal with me growing up in Poquoson, you would know that i was a kid who typically stayed out of trouble and never had any real problems with anyone nor have i ever went out of my way to offend anyone. The most annoying thing i ever did was being the mascot while in high school. So while i can respect your opinion of me, i completely disagree with it.

the sign said, "if you mess with the Bulls you get the Horns"

LOL! That is excellent! Well done!

I noticed you at the game yesterday. Willing to give you props for your obvious school spirit. In fact, I'll give you credit for being a lot more respectful than I was in my younger days. In the spirit of disclosure, I and my high school compatriots were pretty obnoxious toward opposing fans at times.

Please try not to take offense to much that you might read here. I think the entire Richlands crowd is a little punchy today. I've even engaged in the message board equivalent of "mouthing off" to my neighbors on this board whose company and insight I value very much.

Your town has a great team. They played a great game. Hope the state title adds some luster to the holiday season for all of you. Congrats.

Thank you RichlandsAlum, i dont normally let things like a message board bug me but when he made it sound like he knows me and has had to "deal" with me it ticked me off. and as far as when you were younger, my own classmates would throw stuff at me when i was the mascot so i was happy to get out of there clean.

i would like to say that Richlands was one hell of a team and i definately am happy we dont play you all more often. i have complete respect for your team and wish all those boys the best of luck moving on, unless of course we have to play each other again. :-)

whoa whoa whoa, what did i do that was so horrible to make me a bad person? my sign was not offensive nor were my actions. so i walked around with a sign, big deal. i did exactly what i wanted to do, get the poquoson fans on their feet, just like i did when i was a student there as the mascot. i would do it again in an instant. there is a reason our fans were cheering me on. if what i did really ruined your day or hurt your feelings, then dont go to any college or pro sporting events. the real idiots are the people who get wasted and start screaming obscenities at refs, coaches and players. i am not saying Richland or Poquoson had fans like that, but come on were my actinos that bad? did i really cross a line?

Son what you did was stupid. You are lucky some idiot did not hurt you. That would had been awful. But you would have brought it on yourself. What you did had no class. I understand wanting to fire up your fans but you should have did it on your own side. I know you said you did what you wanted and I guess your meaning free country etc. but I know RHS fans and I've watched them do a lot of bad things to nice people that did not deserve it. You got lucky one of those guy's did not get to you. Understand I'm saying I would have hated a high school football game of all things cause people to get hurt and end up in jail. That would have been real stupid. Consider yourself lucky and I would think twice before doing that to any team anywhere. But if you want to express your freedom to do whatever you want and end up getting hurt. Look no farther than yourself for the cause.

For those RHS fans kissing this guy's Ass. Grow some BALLS!! You know as well as I do that was just stupid! He is lucky that he did not get hurt bad.

I don't think anyone really has any business doing this sort of thing on the other teams side...not everyone is there to act like a college kid. There are a lot of older folks, people with young kids, and others who just want to go and enjoy the game and don't want to deal with the BS that goes along with it.

if you want to run around and act like a fool, do it on your own side...it's just sort of disrespectful to me that someone would go in amongst the other teams fans and carry on or hold up signs and that sort of thing...yeah it's funny and all that to the home crowd, but it's just sort of a low class sort of thing.

It's like going to CC or Va High and the kids there get behind the visitor stands or down in front on the track and talk a bunch of smack to the visitor fans....i've heard it go on at Grundy as well and I felt somewhat ashamed that it happened even though I had nothing to do with it....just makes your school look bad.