State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

Have you been watching WWE on Demand? LOL

I smell what your cooking.........good lord, somebody slap me ! I've done gone and got carried away......lol

Just having a little fun, I use to watch em all the time but not much anymore. That's why I don't know any of the new stuff they say. But I did like watching the Rock and stone cold Steve Austin and all that bunch !

Go Richlands & GC, I hope both teams win and bring home another state title !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands SHOULD win this game.

That was also true in 2005. Yet they were blown out by a team that was nowhere near as talented as they were.

The championship game in 2006 was a lot closer than it should've been.

Brookville was in a very similar situation in 2009. The Bees were loaded (led by Logan Thomas) and were playing in their own backyard. Lost a shootout that shouldn't have happened.

My point is that really weird stuff tends to happen in the Division 3 title game, and the Blues are going to have to do more than just show up. They're going to have to play smart and play well. They do that and they win. They don't, and they will struggle.

*sigh*

On the rare occasion that I know what I'm talking about, I usually enjoy it a lot more.

Good Job on the season Blues... We have said it all season long that not playing many full 4 quarters games would hurt them and that was the case today!

Well, the Blues didn't really get to experience a "full" 4 quarter game in the semifinal, either. That kind of deflates the schedule argument, doesn't it?

Unless, of course, someone wants to make the logical leap that Brookville was just another "weak" team.

Well, the Blues didn't really get to experience a "full" 4 quarter game in the semifinal, either. That kind of deflates the schedule argument, doesn't it?

Unless, of course, someone wants to make the logical leap that Brookville was just another "weak" team.

I'm not gonna make any excuses about scheduling, And I didn't say anything about Brookville being weak... I was just stating a fact , if ya like it or not! I gave props to the Blues and that should mean something coming from a Bulldog, other than that I could care less, it's all over now but the crying anyway!

I'm not gonna make any excuses about scheduling, And I didn't say anything about Brookville being weak... I was just stating a fact , if ya like it or not! I gave props to the Blues and that should mean something coming from a Bulldog, other than that I could care less, it's all over now but the crying anyway!

Guess I'll have to beg your forgiveness. Apparently I completely missed the point of your reference to "full 4 quarters" and that being the "difference" today. Still a very entertaining season on the whole.

It's all good, neighbor.

Well just got back from the game give all the credit in the world to poquson they were as good as advertised and were without a doubt the best team we seen all year period. With that being said you hate to see the refs make it that obvious as to what was going on now im sure most of you will say oh here comes the crying or being a sore loser but if you will look back at previous post made by me you will see I most of the time do not go to the route of blaming refs for a loss but if anyone and I mean anyone can look at this tape and say that it was a fairly called game please speak up and tell me what i missed.

Well just got back from the game give all the credit in the world to poquson they were as good as advertised and were without a doubt the best team we seen all year period. With that being said you hate to see the refs make it that obvious as to what was going on now im sure most of you will say oh here comes the crying or being a sore loser but if you will look back at previous post made by me you will see I most of the time do not go to the route of blaming refs for a loss but if anyone and I mean anyone can look at this tape and say that it was a fairly called game please speak up and tell me what i missed.

Officiating was absolutely horrible, right up to the scoreboard operator.

Cut both ways, though. Poquoson had two scores called back. At least one of them was a real head scratcher.

Officiating was absolutely horrible, right up to the scoreboard operator.

Cut both ways, though. Poquoson had two scores called back. At least one of them was a real head scratcher.

They did have 2 scores taken back but the PI that late in the game that was a clear no call/ The intentional grounding that was waved off/ The push off not called right infront of the ref that went for a TD/ The chop blocks not called. it just went on and on and on once again i know it sounds like im just a sore loser but man that is not the way I believe a game should have been called if your going to call it tight atleast make it tight for both ways.

They did have 2 scores taken back but the PI that late in the game that was a clear no call/ The intentional grounding that was waved off/ The push off not called right infront of the ref that went for a TD/ The chop blocks not called. it just went on and on and on once again i know it sounds like im just a sore loser but man that is not the way I believe a game should have been called if your going to call it tight atleast make it tight for both ways.

If it doesn't affect the actual play, I'd rather see the flag stay in the pocket, especially once it gets to the playoffs...let the kids play a little and don't make the backside holding calls once the ball is up the field 20 yards and all that sort of thing...I see it year in and year out and I hate it...if it has nothing to do with the outcome of the play or isn't something that could cause someone to get hurt, then just let it go already.

exactly lance they were calling stuff 15 yards behined the play it just made me sick to see what could have been a great football game tainted by some 40 year old guys that wanted the spotlight.

I bet they are the same refs that used to call the Carroll County games...wonder who they use for State?

If it doesn't affect the actual play, I'd rather see the flag stay in the pocket, especially once it gets to the playoffs...let the kids play a little and don't make the backside holding calls once the ball is up the field 20 yards and all that sort of thing...I see it year in and year out and I hate it...if it has nothing to do with the outcome of the play or isn't something that could cause someone to get hurt, then just let it go already.

Lance, Were you at the game today? IF so what did you think about it. I know as a BLUES fan it is hard for me to be impartial. Give me the truth, the way you saw it. HONESTLY

It really does not matter as you have to play it the way it is called. Refs are like the weather and nothing you can do about them but overcome it. I really feel bad for Fahardo as he is a super corner and he got killed on two big calls where he had the guy covered like a blanket on a cold night. One no call of offensive pass interference for a TD (Fahardo got pushed in the back and separation occured) and one pass interference where he was in front of the reciever and got pushed in back and he got flagged! The holding penalties were like 15 to 2 against us, maybe possible as they were tough kids up front and beasts at tackling. You know I have been an advocate of not complaining all year about the calls and have been for years for that matter, but WHOW. Maybe I have just come down with the ROSE colored glasses syndrome!! I know its been rampant in Richlands!!

nope did not get to go to the game today...wish i could have...looked like a good one. I just listened in to the radio and was hoping the Blues could pull it out like everyone else was.

I bet they are the same refs that used to call the Carroll County games...wonder who they use for State?

The VHSL will contact a specific association the week of the state championship game and ask their commissioner to assign a crew for a specific title game. It will be from an association not affiliated with either team.

They stepped up when they needed to. They turned back the Blues offense time and time again. They confused the Blues' defense. It was really a team effort. Yes sir, those officials had game today. To see that at this stage of the season makes the VHSL no more than a high school version of the W.W.E. At least, with pro wrestling, you know what you are getting before you buy the ticket. If this is how it is gonna be, the VHSL should put a disclaimer on the ticket and not lead us to believe this is an athletic event where nothing is predetermined and everything will be done in a fair and honest fashion. Shame on these officials and the VHSL. They took what could have been a contest between two really, really good football teams, perhaps even with a couple of over times, and turned it into something disqusting. Now, with that off my chest, congrats to both teams on their seasons. The young men on both sides of the field are what is good about high school football.

Poquson was good and I have nothing bad to say about them. Congrats! But for those who did not make the trip. It was really obvius that the refs were not going to let Poquson loose! If we would have won the game. I still would be saying the refs cheated. I would have loved to see those two teams fight it out and leave no questions to be asked of what could have been. Guess we will never know. I hate to see any team get cheated!

Poquson was good and I have nothing bad to say about them. Congrats! But for those who did not make the trip. It was really obvius that the refs were not going to let Poquson loose! If we would have won the game. I still would be saying the refs cheated. I would have loved to see those two teams fight it out and leave no questions to be asked of what could have been. Guess we will never know. I hate to see any team get cheated!

so what if the 2 td's for poq. were not called back? then they would have been up by 3 td's, right? richlands had their chance to win after the onside kick, right?

Yea Im pretty sure the South East Virginia Officials Assocation uses numbers, I dont know if anyone else does though. I dont know who does Poquoson's games but I dont think VHSL allows 'home' officials after region semi's or finals.