State Championship: Richlands vs Poquoson

Nadoball

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry we will be back!!! I find it funny as h$** that the neighboring towns get their football satisfaction from seeing Richlands get beat in the State Championship, thats what I call Jealous!!!!!

Jealous? Far from it! And you know it!

Looks like someone came to their senses and deleted the irresponsible Facebook post. You shouldn't put all of the Richlands faithful into one basket. This person doesn't speak for all Richlands supporters.

sorry to inform you but that page is still up you just have a bad link here is the actual link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/VHSL-officials-cheated-Richlands-football-team-out-of-the-state-title/147602608623741

Beano, I'm glad to see your sarcasm and deep abiding love for all things Richlands is still intact.

glad to see someone saw i was being sarcastic, but seriously, refs never decide the outcome of a game, they can make a change in a gameplan, but if the refs were calling penalties all day then it's up to the coaching staff and the players to make adjustments to them, same goes in soccer. if the refs aren't giving you something or they are giving you something then you have to take what you can and stop doing things that get called. Richlands might be a decent football team (i say decent after watching VA football for 11 or so years and then moving back to TX and see how they really play) and win a few state championships, but it seems like every time Richlands loses, there is someone else to blame, it's never that they got outplayed.

glad to see someone saw i was being sarcastic, but seriously, refs never decide the outcome of a game, they can make a change in a gameplan, but if the refs were calling penalties all day then it's up to the coaching staff and the players to make adjustments to them, same goes in soccer. if the refs aren't giving you something or they are giving you something then you have to take what you can and stop doing things that get called. Richlands might be a decent football team (i say decent after watching VA football for 11 or so years and then moving back to TX and see how they really play) and win a few state championships, but it seems like every time Richlands loses, there is someone else to blame, it's never that they got outplayed.

if you dont think the refs can change the outcome of a game...you have never played at Carroll County, or you are from Carroll County...one of the two.

they cannot effect the outcome, if refs are calling things tight, you adjust. when you boil it down, it comes out to discipline and coaching changes.

you are wrong...period. In fact one bad call can swing a game, doesn't take a flag fest to do it.

I have seen it happen...and when it's a big game, it not only pisses you off but it stays with you for a long time.

Guys I was there and I am one of the the biggest backers of Richlands football period. The two holding penalties on the drive after we recovered the onsides kick appeared legit. In that instance, all of the receivers were covered, we had bookoo yards to go to get the first down. QB scrambles, linemen scramble. Perfect situation for holding to occur. We consistently get tons of penalties. The old "conspiracy theory" don't cut it. There are a certain number of calls that don't get made in any game and a bunch of calls that could go either way in any game. No conspriacy. We get tons of illegal procedure, holding and on occassion personal foul penalties. Are they the product of the officials imagination? a great conspiracy? NO. The bottom line is this. Richlands committs penalties. Officials did not lose this game for Richlands. Poquoson won it. I heard alot of arrogance in Richlands this week about beating them by 40 points. I think that seeped into our kids heads. I think that we (fans) have been spoiled with all of Richlands success over the last 7-8 years. Bottom line is this, we have a great program, a great Head Coach, a great coaching staff, and a ton of great kids that played their guts out this year as they have in years past. Don't dishonor them by pointing fingers. Poquoson showed up and played championship caliber football and won the day. Congratulations to both teams on great seasons.
Didn't read this until just now but I would like to thank you so much for your honesty and enthusiasm. Not many in the state gave us any kind of chance to even compete in this game and to have it implied that it was only because the officials picked on Richlands diminishes the talent on both sides of the field. We here in P-Town appreciate your candor.

i think there is one thing that needs to be noted here, just like in life not everything is fair right down the middle. you have to adapt and overcome. making excuses though only holds you back, it won't change anything. in life there are no do-overs, so don't expect any. just accept what has happened and move on. not to question anyone's parenting tactics at all, but is that what you want kids to learn, that you don't have to accept that you may not have earned it but that you can just make excuses as to why something doesn't go your way?

they cannot effect the outcome, if refs are calling things tight, you adjust. when you boil it down, it comes out to discipline and coaching changes.

That statement is almost as absurd as the one you made about Florida being on a downward spiral and never returning. Maybe in your little football fantasy land down there in Texas, the refs can never affect the outcome of a game...But in the real world one bad call can easily change the game. How do you expect a team to adjust for phantom pass interference calls? I guess he should have just let the receiver catch the ball. That one call obviously changed the way the rest of the 4th quarter was played. It may not have changed the out come, but it certainly changed the game. But you didn't see the game, so I'm sure you know more about it than I do.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I was not at the game, I pulled for Richlands and everything, I didnt see any of the calls made by the refs. But I think making a facebook page about the refs screwing you out of a win is pretty damn pathetic and is taking it to an extreme.

Edited by gcdevils47

I was not at the game, I pulled for Richlands and everything, I didnt see any of the calls made by the refs. But I think making a facebook page about the refs screwing you out of a win is pretty damn pathetic and is taking it to an extreme.

I mean, I don't think I would call a facebook page an "extreme"...anyone can create a facebook page in a minute.

I would say staging a protest in front of the VHSL offices or hunting the refs down and T.P.ing their house would be an extreme...but a facebook page...that's just pathetic. LOL

I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas here...

I mean, I don't think I would call a facebook page an "extreme"...anyone can create a facebook page in a minute.

I would say staging a protest in front of the VHSL offices or hunting the refs down and T.P.ing their house would be an extreme...but a facebook page...that's just pathetic. LOL

I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas here...

I mean i understand where you all are coming from, there might have been questionable calls, i wasn't here. But i think dedicating a whole page to say to the world that you got screwed over by ref's is a little sad. i saw the page and the majority of the people are basically saying that You guys could have beaten poquoson with a hand tied behind your back. Poquoson was a great team, I know they were. But on a home field advantage, you guys would romp them. Like I said Gate City has been screwed in basketball numerous times, but i don't think making a facebook page is gonna get us our wins back.

I mean i understand where you all are coming from, there might have been questionable calls, i wasn't here. But i think dedicating a whole page to say to the world that you got screwed over by ref's is a little sad. i saw the page and the majority of the people are basically saying that You guys could have beaten poquoson with a hand tied behind your back. Poquoson was a great team, I know they were. But on a home field advantage, you guys would romp them. Like I said Gate City has been screwed in basketball numerous times, but i don't think making a facebook page is gonna get us our wins back.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was just messin' around with ya about the extreme thing. I think its sad and silly as well. The game could have went either way with or without the refs...it was a hell of a game, I just hate there were so many flags, period.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was just messin' around with ya about the extreme thing. I think its sad and silly as well. The game could have went either way with or without the refs...it was a hell of a game, I just hate there were so many flags, period.

It's pathetic and it gives Richlands a bad name, anyone that sees it is gonna think you all are a bunch of cry baby wussies. And you really don't want that. haha

It's pathetic and it gives Richlands a bad name, anyone that sees it is gonna think you all are a bunch of cry baby wussies. And you really don't want that. haha

Mostly everyone loves to hate Richlands...this is just fuel to the fire. Everyone complains about the refs at some point or another. While I was watching the game, I know this was going to happen. Honestly, I can see why people are upset...the refs were very inept. But, I'm just not one to cause a big fuss over a football game...life goes on.

Mostly everyone loves to hate Richlands...this is just fuel to the fire. Everyone complains about the refs at some point or another. While I was watching the game, I know this was going to happen. Honestly, I can see why people are upset...the refs were very inept. But, I'm just not one to cause a big fuss over a football game...life goes on.

It's gotta hurt to lose, but you can't start trying to find people to blame. It's at a state level, the refs couldn't have been THAT bad

I seriously dont have a dog in this race. But, I remember R'lands fans complaining about the officiating when they would win by 50. Is it possible that they just committ alot of penalties. It doesnt mean their dirty or they cheat or anything like that, could be thier aggressive play. I wasnt at this game or any Richlands games so I cant say, just wondering.

It's gotta hurt to lose, but you can't start trying to find people to blame. It's at a state level, the refs couldn't have been THAT bad

You would be surprised. They were really that bad, and Poquoson fans have said the same thing over on their board. I even posted a quote from one of them that said the PI call that set up their last score was "bogus". But I refuse to blame the refs for the lose, Poquson did what they had to do to in order to win, and they deserved it.

I seriously dont have a dog in this race. But, I remember R'lands fans complaining about the officiating when they would win by 50. Is it possible that they just committ alot of penalties. It doesnt mean their dirty or they cheat or anything like that, could be thier aggressive play. I wasnt at this game or any Richlands games so I cant say, just wondering.

You are exactly right. Richlands always seems to commit a ton of penalties. So I think that makes it easy for the fans to think that it must be some sort of conspiracy against our team. I don't buy into any of that. I have never watched a high school football game where everyone has agreed with every call. There are always going to be "bad" calls...its just part of the game. Too bad these bad calls came on the biggest stage possible, so of course they are going to be amplified.

It is funny all the area schools get their kicks out of Richlands losing. Id rather go 13-1 and lose the state championship by 6 pts than go 1-9, and have no hope of sniffing the playoffs.

2nd place is the first loser! Why go that far if you rather lose the SC! That's like saying well we went 13-0, so we are not coming to Lynchburg just go on a give the trophy to who ever! Come on man!

I can't get under your skin today can I Sheets. LOL Im trying.

No your not! I am having fun reading all of this you guys are saying, because when us ( the other teams Richlands plays) say things like is being said in this thread, we always get just suck it up you got beat by the better team!

2nd place is the first loser! Why go that far if you rather lose the SC! That's like saying well we went 13-0, so we are not coming to Lynchburg just go on a give the trophy to who ever! Come on man!

This coming from the guy that thought Tyrod Taylor should have won the Heisman.

You're right, I would have much rather went 1-9.