I think Tyrod got screw out of this race!

Bulldogs52

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will enjoy the Orange Bowl and you sir can enjoy watching your team possibly play against the #3 team from the MAC in the Eaglebank bowl.

I will also enjoy walking by Gibbs Hall next year and looking at the crystal football trophy. You can enjoy looking at the empty case, or the lunchbox, or your car keys while listening to Metallica.

P.S. Why did you omit the wikipedia facts when you quoted me? Dont like the FACTS huh? Like I said there is no comparison.

Edited by Big Orange 1

i don't care about pissing off tech fans. i just try to look at things literally in all aspects of life. A loss is a loss. No matter how it happened or why they shouldn't have lossed. No offense to anyone, that's just how it is.

True...

I will also enjoy walking by Gibbs Hall next year and looking at the crystal football trophy. You can enjoy looking at the empty case, or the lunchbox, or your car keys while listening to Metallica.

P.S. Why did you omit the wikipedia facts when you quoted me? Dont like the FACTS huh? Like I said there is no comparison.

Why is it that teams that are terrible now always bring up how good they were 10+ years ago?

When I was in the 5th grade I had 3 girlfriends at one time...that means I'm still a ladies man, right?

Why is it that teams that are terrible now always bring up how good they were 10+ years ago?

When I was in the 5th grade I had 3 girlfriends at one time...that means I'm still a ladies man, right?

Hahahaha Is that you Leon Phelps???

I'll say it again..

Boise beat us twice that week.

If you honestly think in a normal scenario that JMU would've beaten VT then you're out of whack.

VT is supposed to be BIG TIME now right? I mean ACC champs etc....

You can't let 1 loss beat you again. Sure it's on everyone's mind as they had high hopes, but there is too much to play for. No VT never would have made it to the NC this year with 1 loss but at that time, they didn't know that. We've had teams with 1 loss in the championship recently. Don't tell me they had to lick their wounds that long.

Now, I only use WVU because I'm a fan and have an example handy. I am not intending on making this a WVU-VT thing although I'm sure someone will.

When WVU lost to Pitt to halt their chance at a NC, and their coach quit on them, they had every reason to let Oklahoma steam roll them. They had the odds stacked against them and was at the end of the season. They had the BCS bowl locked down. Nothing really to play for , but pride. Why in the hell does VT get to blame JMU on Boise? They don't, that is just making excuses. Suck it up and don't lose at home to a DII school! Keep your chances alive.

The same reason that when a powerhouse loses at home to James Madison, they blame it on Boise State I guess.

Yeah, yeah...this is Leon Phelps, the Ladies Man. Can I buy you a fish sandwich?

"My name is Leon Phelps, and to those of you that are uninitiated, I am an expert in the ways of love. I have made love to many fine ladies from the lowliest bus station skank to the classiest most sophisticated, educated, debutant, high society... bus station skank."

"Listen, I was wandering. Can I ask you a question? Uh... was your father a meat burgler? Here's why I ask: because it looks like somebody stole two fine hams and shoved them down the back of your dress."

It's no way being made a banner win, but the main reason the a$$ whipping that UT got by VT is only being brought up because you keep trashing VT. EVEN THOUGH UT GOT THEIR A$$ HANDED TO THEM BY VT the last time the two teams met.

It must be the biggest win in Hokie history..... Because it is all you bumpkins talk about..... I mean I agree we have sucked the last three years. Hell Tech beat us in a bowl game. That alone proves we sucked..... We played you all in a bowl game..... another fact that proves we sucked.....

I haven't forgotten about that game at all. I also haven't forgotten the other bowl game we played...... You got your a$$ handed to you in that one I believe......

That was in the beginning of your "Streak"...... or 18 straight going on now. It wasn't one of the four other you played in the history of your school before then.... Ha!

It must be the biggest win in Hokie history..... Because it is all you bumpkins talk about..... I mean I agree we have sucked the last three years. Hell Tech beat us in a bowl game. That alone proves we sucked..... We played you all in a bowl game..... another fact that proves we sucked.....

Of course its all Tech fans talk about in a discussion about VT vs. UT. Its the most relevant thing we have to compare the two teams. But I guess for you it makes more sense to go back 10-20 years and talk about how AWESOME Tennessee was back then. The rationale of some people just amazes me.

Of course its all Tech fans talk about in a discussion about VT vs. UT. Its the most relevant thing we have to compare the two teams. But I guess for you it makes more sense to go back 10-20 years and talk about how AWESOME Tennessee was back then. The rationale of some people just amazes me.

VT didnt beat TN last year. Alabama beat us twice. It was an emotional game, we had two field goals blocked and we had to turn around and play VT.

VT didnt beat TN last year. Alabama beat us twice. It was an emotional game, we had two field goals blocked and we had to turn around and play VT.

You played Alabama 2 months before Tech stomped you in a bowl game...not 5 days.

VT is supposed to be BIG TIME now right? I mean ACC champs etc....

You can't let 1 loss beat you again. Sure it's on everyone's mind as they had high hopes, but there is too much to play for. No VT never would have made it to the NC this year with 1 loss but at that time, they didn't know that. We've had teams with 1 loss in the championship recently. Don't tell me they had to lick their wounds that long.

Now, I only use WVU because I'm a fan and have an example handy. I am not intending on making this a WVU-VT thing although I'm sure someone will.

When WVU lost to Pitt to halt their chance at a NC, and their coach quit on them, they had every reason to let Oklahoma steam roll them. They had the odds stacked against them and was at the end of the season. They had the BCS bowl locked down. Nothing really to play for , but pride. Why in the hell does VT get to blame JMU on Boise? They don't, that is just making excuses. Suck it up and don't lose at home to a DII school! Keep your chances alive.

I'm not saying the loss to JMU was excusable. It is an embarassment and we should've never lost it. If we beat Boise, I don't think JMU is even a thought. But the loss to Boise and then five days later turn around and play at home against a team you feel you should beat with minimal effort and lose? Yeah, I think Boise did more to demoralize us for that week than JMU did to beat us. JMU obviously receives the credit and deserves it but I can't help but think that the Boise loss did more to result in the defeat than any other variable on that field that Saturday.

You had a month to finish crying over that one.

Being sarcastic, one of the Hokie faithful on here blamed the mighty Chokies losing to JMU on the Boise St. game. I dont cry over any of them. I support them through thick and thin. I might cry one day though, if JMU comes to Knoxville and beats us. I just may cry.

Being sarcastic, one of the Hokie faithful on here blamed the mighty Chokies losing to JMU on the Boise St. game. I dont cry over any of them. I support them through thick and thin. I might cry one day though, if JMU comes to Knoxville and beats us. I just may cry.

I thought you might have cried on New Years Eve last year...

That's not what has been argued by some of your fellow VT fans...

No, I meant that bringing up a teams past in order to make them seem better now has nothing to do with making the point that losing to JMU may have been a domino effect from losing to BSU.

I actually think that if VT would have beat Boise State they would have never lost to JMU. I think Tech would have waited until much later in the season before they completely choked.

Not blaming the lose on BSU, it was completely Techs fault, but I think it definitely had something to do with the way VT played that day.

After sitting in the rain for 4 hours, only to watch your team get beat by JMU, I felt like crying...trust me.

I thought you might have cried on New Years Eve last year...

Nah, just went back to the hotel. Posted a message to you guys, offering congratulations. I didnt make any excuses, and even said that the better team won. Remember one thing though as you re-live VT's biggest victory....evidently. Derrick Cope beat Dale Earnhardt . . . . . ONCE.