I think Tyrod got screw out of this race!

Bulldogs52

Nah, just went back to the hotel. Posted a message to you guys, offering congratulations. I didnt make any excuses, and even said that the better team won. Remember one thing though as you re-live VT's biggest victory....evidently. Derrick Cope beat Dale Earnhardt . . . . . ONCE.

Yeah but Derrick Cope raced against Dale every week.

If VT played UT every year...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course its all Tech fans talk about in a discussion about VT vs. UT. Its the most relevant thing we have to compare the two teams. But I guess for you it makes more sense to go back 10-20 years and talk about how AWESOME Tennessee was back then. The rationale of some people just amazes me.

Like I said hang the banners, you beat one of the worst UT teams in the last 30 years and I am not comparing the two teams per say that year. VT was better last year and they were better this year. I am comparing the programs. And you know as well as I a program isn't made on 1 win...... or one season or 5 seasons for that matter....

But maybe you don't know that..... I keep forgetting you only have 1 win vs. the Top 5..... in the whole freaking history of your school!!!! I keep forgetting that before these 18 straight bowls you played in a whopping 5...... ever. So now I am starting to see your "rationale". I am starting to understand how you can't grasp what it means when someone says you have ups and downs..... in a program’s history. Oh' Sorry I said "History" again. I am starting to understand why you don't understand it. Maybe because you don't have any outside of this decade...... I keep forgetting football started in Blacksburg in 1999....... Is that when you got your brand new Vick jersey? ....... Your decals for your truck?...... I am starting to understand your “rationale”……. Finally…..

Edited by VOL61

You may get your chance to play in the SEC soon enough...... If you have the balls.....

If VT leaves the ACC, they will join the Big 10. They already play Michigan every year. Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, well you get the idea.

If VT leaves the ACC, they will join the Big 10. They already play Michigan every year. Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, well you get the idea.

As an SEC fan I would love to see Va. Tech in the SEC East. It would certainly improve the strength of schedule over there! :)

Like I said hang the banners, you beat one of the worst UT teams in the last 30 years and I am not comparing the two teams per say that year. VT was better last year and they were better this year. I am comparing the programs. And you know as well as I a program isn't made on 1 win...... or one season or 5 seasons for that matter....

But maybe you don't know that..... I keep forgetting you only have 1 win vs. the Top 5..... in the whole freaking history of your school!!!! I keep forgetting that before these 18 straight bowls you played in a whopping 5...... ever. So now I am starting to see your "rationale". I am starting to understand how you can't grasp what it means when someone says you have ups and downs..... in a program’s history. Oh' Sorry I said "History" again. I am starting to understand why you don't understand it. Maybe because you don't have any outside of this decade...... I keep forgetting football started in Blacksburg in 1999....... Is that when you got your brand new Vick jersey? ....... Your decals for your truck?...... I am starting to understand your “rationaleâ€â€¦â€¦. Finally…..

Sorry, I don't take the history of a team into account when I chose to become a fan. I am a fan because I live in Virginia and therefore it made prefect sense to my 8 year old mind to start pulling for Virginia Tech, especially after I visited the campus in elementary school. I had no knowledge of there bowl record or their record vs. top 5 teams. By the way, I was 8 in 1993. So really the only thing that matters to me is what has happened since I became a fan, not what happened 30-50 years ago.

I guess you did your research before you decided to pull for UT. That's fine...what ever tickles your pickle.

Sorry, I don't take the history of a team into account when I chose to become a fan. I am a fan because I live in Virginia and therefore it made prefect sense to my 8 year old mind to start pulling for Virginia Tech, especially after I visited the campus in elementary school. I had no knowledge of there bowl record or their record vs. top 5 teams. By the way, I was 8 in 1993. So really the only thing that matters to me is what has happened since I became a fan, not what happened 30-50 years ago.

I guess you did your research before you decided to pull for UT. That's fine...what ever tickles your pickle.

I got to go to my first TN game in 1983. Got to see the "Minister of Defense" Reggie White play. I was hooked, and still am. Man, I'm old.

Well you can say you have seen it all...... congrats!

I was born a UT fan. My dad was his dad was and I am sure his dad was as well..... Needless to say I have watched it since before 93'.......

Well you can say you have seen it all...... congrats!

I was born a UT fan. My dad was his dad was and I am sure his dad was as well..... Needless to say I have watched it since before 93'.......

You're old...congrats!

Nah, just went back to the hotel. Posted a message to you guys, offering congratulations. I didnt make any excuses, and even said that the better team won. Remember one thing though as you re-live VT's biggest victory....evidently. Derrick Cope beat Dale Earnhardt . . . . . ONCE.

Actually, twice, as Cope had 2 career NWS wins.

Does Derrike Cope have a fan club?

http://www.derrikecope.com/

(And what a pitiful one it is...)

LMAO.

My favorite part...

"Rumors?

Want to hear some rumors about Derrike Cope? If so, you've come to the wrong place. This website only lists facts about Derrike."

I picture him pointing and shaking his head as he typed it. Not to mention, the least Googled thing on Earth has to be "rumors about derrike cope".

http://www.derrikecope.com/fans/mikes.htm

http://www.derrikecope.com/fans/cherb.htm

LOL, I"m still having too much fun with this. Here are some testimonials from some Derricke Cope fans..

Out of context quotes:

"I told her that on Feb. 16 her shoes better be by the front door."

-Mike Steele

"Thank goodness my husband likes sausage."

"From my browser, I clicked on the picture and it said "Save as Wallpaper". Well, I couldn't pass that up, could I?!?"

-Cher Bailey

Out of context quotes:

"I told her that on Feb. 16 her shoes better be by the front door."

-Mike Steele

"Thank goodness my husband likes sausage."

"From my browser, I clicked on the picture and it said "Save as Wallpaper". Well, I couldn't pass that up, could I?!?"

-Cher Bailey

Haha, yep.

I like how on both accounts they say someone has told them that he is a bad driver and shouldn't be their favorite but they perservere.

haha I've watched nascar for a few years, even the late Earnhardt years, but never in my life heard of this guy

He won the Daytona 500 in 1990 because Dale Earnhardt was the unluckiest man ever to drive in that race. He won another race at Dover that year, and then proceeded to finish ~43rd in every race after that. Needless to say, sponsors don't like that, so now he tries to qualify at Daytona every year with money he raises himself. When he finishes dead last in his Gatorade Duel, he gives up on his dream for yet another season.

Not to mention, the least Googled thing on Earth has to be "rumors about derrike cope".

You, sir, have just made my day.

Haha, yep.

I like how on both accounts they say someone has told them that he is a bad driver and shouldn't be their favorite but they perservere.

That's typically not a good sign for your fan club when those are your two best testimonials.

Those OOC quotes were gold...