I think Tyrod got screw out of this race!

Bulldogs52

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tyrod is a damn good quarterback. its been a pleasure watching him grow up from the scrambler to what seems to be like a mature nfl quarterback. just watch how he plays. He is so calm and just, he never makes bad decisions. he plays like a NFL quarterback. he only scrambles when he has too or if there is a guaranteed 10+ yards. and he knows he could easily do it on every play if he wanted to and risk getting injured/fumbling. He truly is remarkable

MAYBE if they went undefeated.

truthfully the only player they should have even invited is Newton. Although all 4 players are great, Newton is a runaway winner

Tyrod is a great player. I think we'd all give him that. But seriously, JMU? It was not a fun ride home after that one. And there seems to be ALOT of Heisman voters who can't look past the scandal with Cam Newton. Could be an interesting evening...

just wondering.. how do you guys think Tech would fare in the SEC?

About the same as a South Carolina or a Georgia over the past couple of years. We would be competitive and people would be excited about our program, but we wouldn't be able to hang with the big boys.

About the same as a South Carolina or a Georgia over the past couple of years. We would be competitive and people would be excited about our program, but we wouldn't be able to hang with the big boys.

I would agree.

Ok i go to VT and i dont think he should be in the running, if we had won the JMU game maybe, if any of our players should be on the list it should have been Williams last year he put up as many yard and was a great a player as LaMichael James but there was just too many great QBs to even stand out

Tech would never see the BCS again...... ever..... Ha! Better stick to the ACC. SEC is for the big boys......

I wouldn't say ever...

We would have to get in on the SEC recruiting - I'd say within 5-7 years we could be rightly competitive. I don't think we would ever win the SEC...depending on the conference we were in, maybe an at large bid once a decade. We definitely wouldn't be a consistent force. We'd be about like UT actually.

Tech would never see the BCS again...... ever..... Ha! Better stick to the ACC. SEC is for the big boys......

Then what the hell is Tennessee doing in the SEC??? I guess every conference needs a doormat...ACC has Duke, SEC has UT...

Then what the hell is Tennessee doing in the SEC??? I guess every conference needs a doormat...ACC has Duke, SEC has UT...

Every program has it's up's and down's. We have been down for a couple or three years. But that will change. History says as much. Same History tells me Tech will be back to their rightfull place as well, once FSU and Miami get straighted out.

1-27 vs. the top 5 tells me how Tech would do in the SEC. You keep winning a conference that is 2-10 in BCS bowl games. We have a BCS championship do you? The fact is you could have went unbeaten and still not have a shot because ........ guess what? Nobody cares who wins the ACC..... Because they don't play very good football.....

You beat a UT team that was one of the worst teams in the last 30 years and that is all you have to brag about. Hang the banners......

Every program has it's up's and down's. We have been down for a couple or three years. But that will change. History says as much. Same History tells me Tech will be back to their rightfull place as well, once FSU and Miami get straighted out.

1-27 vs. the top 5 tells me how Tech would do in the SEC. You keep winning a conference that is 2-10 in BCS bowl games. We have a BCS championship do you? The fact is you could have went unbeaten and still not have a shot because ........ guess what? Nobody cares who wins the ACC..... Because they don't play very good football.....

You beat a UT team that was one of the worst teams in the last 30 years and that is all you have to brag about. Hang the banners......

How do you know that FSU and Miami will get "straighted" out??? FSU wasn't even on the map before Bowden and, in the late 70's, the University of Miami was trying to decide whether to drop the D1-AA or drop the football program altogether.

And I can remember, when I was a kid, UT had an average-at-best football team. They didn't become relevant until the Peyton Manning years but he never won an NCAA Championship...it took Tee Martin to get it done...

But I digress. Enough with the historic past, let's talk about the present. If UT doesn't beat UNC in their bowl game, the Vols will be 2 games under .500 over the last three seasons...and even if you win, your still only a .500 team from 2008-2010...

this would be about the best way to describe it in my opinion

How do you know that FSU and Miami will get "straighted" out??? FSU wasn't even on the map before Bowden and, in the late 70's, the University of Miami was trying to decide whether to drop the D1-AA or drop the football program altogether.

And I can remember, when I was a kid, UT had an average-at-best football team. They didn't become relevant until the Peyton Manning years but he never won an NCAA Championship...it took Tee Martin to get it done...

But I digress. Enough with the historic past, let's talk about the present. If UT doesn't beat UNC in their bowl game, the Vols will be 2 games under .500 over the last three seasons...and even if you win, your still only a .500 team from 2008-2010...

And when they lose, that would be consecutive bowl losses to ACC teams who don't play very good football.