I think Tyrod got screw out of this race!

Bulldogs52

Meh, we just lost to Boise twice in the same week if you want the honest truth.

no, you lost to JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY.. you can make excuses all day, but at the end of the day you know who you're playing and Tech took them lightly. And LOST the game. Boise state isn't the reason why VT isn't in the top 5 right now, JMU is.

Tech loses every year to a team they SHOULD beat. That's why I was wondering how they would do in the SEC against teams they should lose to

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, you lost to JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY.. you can make excuses all day, but at the end of the day you know who you're playing and Tech took them lightly. And LOST the game. Boise state isn't the reason why VT isn't in the top 5 right now, JMU is.

Tech loses every year to a team they SHOULD beat. That's why I was wondering how they would do in the SEC against teams they should lose to

I'll say it again..

Boise beat us twice that week.

If you honestly think in a normal scenario that JMU would've beaten VT then you're out of whack.

I'll say it again..

If you honestly think in a normal scenario that JMU would've beaten VT then you're out of whack.

i think a normal scenario is playing JMU at home, and losing. yep, that sounds pretty normal, this entire thread is a joke because not only is the ACC weak, but Tyrod Taylor very well should have been left out of the Heisman race, he has no place even being talked about for a shot at the Heisman, and why does it matter anyway? everyone knew Newton was gonna win it in a landslide. did TT even finish in the top 3 for any of the other awards?

exactly! he was not screwed out of the Heisman race in any way, shape or form. he's just another good college QB that will probably amount to a back up job in the NFL if that. no disrespect to him, but i don't see him doing well in the NFL system after being under Stiney.

i think a normal scenario is playing JMU at home, and losing. yep, that sounds pretty normal, this entire thread is a joke because not only is the ACC weak, but Tyrod Taylor very well should have been left out of the Heisman race, he has no place even being talked about for a shot at the Heisman, and why does it matter anyway? everyone knew Newton was gonna win it in a landslide. did TT even finish in the top 3 for any of the other awards?

TT doesn't deserve Heisman praise and I never said he did.

Playing JMU at home and losing is not a normal scenario. Ask Harrah.

Tell us how good your Longhorns were this season...

Tell us how good your Longhorns were this season...

we had a bad year, a rebuilding year, most of the O-line were new faces, new quarterback, tried to develop a running game, spotty D, lots of turnovers (which happen with younger players) and things like that when it comes to rebuilding years. i won't say they were good this year, but look out for them next year cause Mack Brown is one of THE BEST coaches in the country. if Texas were in the ACC they could finish with 9 wins every season too, BUT we didn't lose to JMU :) hahahaha

we had a bad year, a rebuilding year, most of the O-line were new faces, new quarterback, tried to develop a running game, spotty D, lots of turnovers (which happen with younger players) and things like that when it comes to rebuilding years. i won't say they were good this year, but look out for them next year cause Mack Brown is one of THE BEST coaches in the country. if Texas were in the ACC they could finish with 9 wins every season too, BUT we didn't lose to JMU :) hahahaha

Texas would only get 9 wins a season in the ACC? Hokies with 7 straight 10 win campaigns, longest such streak in the nation.

Ok......Tyrod had a good season, after the loss to JMU...however you can't make the first two games go away. The QB from Oregon had just as good numbers and had an undefeated season......as a first year starter. Heck, go look at the QB from Ok. St.

NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT

Tyrod Taylor 172 284 2521 60.6 8.88 23 4 159.0 also over 600 rushing

Geno Smith 219 333 2567 65.8 7.71 23 6 149.7

Darron Thomas 195 321 2518 60.7 7.84 28 7 151.1

Ryan Mallett 242 364 3592 66.5 9.87 30 11 170.5

Chandler Harnish 172 266 2230 64.7 8.38 20 5 156.1 also over 700 rushing

The Candidates

Cameron Newton 165 246 2589 67.1 10.52 28 6 188.2 Undefeated also ran for 1400 and 20 tds

Andrew Luck 245 349 3051 70.2 8.74 28 7 166.1 1 loss vs. Oregon

Kellen Moore 245 345 3506 71.0 10.16 33 5 185.0 1 loss vs. Nevada

NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD

LaMichael James 281 1682 6.0 76 (TD) 21 undefeated

Talk about someone who was left out.....

Brandon Weeden 317 470 4037 67.4 8.59 32 13 156.5

I mean Tyrod shouldn't have ever been invited, he had a good season and salvaged a disastrous start. He was the MVP of his team and conference, but that is about it unless he can show up Luck in Florida and win MVP honors there.......

Texas would only get 9 wins a season in the ACC? Hokies with 7 straight 10 win campaigns, longest such streak in the nation.

Well.....you only play 8 in conference so 9 and 10 in conference is not gonna happen. VT should have lost 1 game...period. The JMU loss.....at home.....uncalled for. Texas played like crap all season. Rebuilding or not, worst season in quite some time. They have had rebuilding years before this year. the ACC was not as strong as in the past. ACC not a football power...although alot of people like to give it the love....it never stands up and meets it's expectations. The big 12 was pretty fun to watch....probably better than the SEC as a whole this year......and that was without TExas.

I'll say it again..

what would be a normal scenario?

either way the only thing that really matters is the L, right?

This is STRICTLY an opinion, but I was wondering if UT & VT would have played each others schedule, how things would have turned out. I'm not stupid, I know VT is a better team. Just messing with this, what say you?

If VT played : IF TN played :

Tenn Martin - W Boise St. - L

Oregon - L JMU - W

Florida - W ECU - W

UAB - W @Boston College - W

@LSU - L @N.C. State - L

@Georgia - W Central Michigan - W

Alabama - L Wake Forest - W

@South Carolina - L Duke - W

@Memphis - W Georgia Tech - W

Ole Miss - W @UNC - L

@Vandy - W @Miami - L

Kentucky - W UVA - W

I took into consideration home/away. I tried to be honest. There is nothing scientific to this just opinion. So I have them both going 8-4. Just a discussion topic, not bashing.

Edited by Big Orange 1

what would be a normal scenario?

either way the only thing that really matters is the L, right?

Normal scenarios don't include playing an incredibly emotional game on a Monday night, then being forced to go back onto the field 5 days later. The physical, mental, and emotional toll of that loss was too much for them (for all of us really) to be competitive against JMU.

Also, using the JMU loss to piss off Tech fans is not nearly as effective as you all think. We all understand the situation that led to that loss, have accepted it, and moved on. Want to know things we haven't accepted and piss us off when you bring them up? Our bowl record and lack of an national championship. So let 'er rip.

If you would like throw stats up, we can. People do not care how good your program in the early 90's. I am sure recruits are not like, wow they were good when I was like 3. Since you clearly believe that Vick was the start to Tech since 1999, his freshman year Tennessee has a combined record of (87-53) that is about a 59.77 win% Tech is (121-35) which is a 71.07 win %

You miss the whole point man....... What do you think our winning percentage would have been in the two weak a$$ conference’s you have been winning during those years...... Honestly? ....... Please......

Better yet how would tech have done in the SEC those years? Even the best years? The Vick years? Would you have won one? Just one SEC title? You know the answer to that...... NO! What would your winning percentage be then? That is the glory years dude..... That is basically all you have..... Ha! I mean give me a break....

The fact of the matter is, UT has sucked the last three seasons...and even you can't argue that...

I will not argue that at all...... Some of the worst teams I ever remember at UT.

Just remember that when you keep hollering about the banner win you keep bringing up..... But like I said if I played in a conference that was 2-10 in BCS games and my school was 1-27 vs. the top 5 I guess I would be proud of betting a 7-5 UT team that overachieved all year to...... I guess you have to take what you can get.....

I will not argue that at all...... Some of the worst teams I ever remember at UT.

Just remember that when you keep hollering about the banner win you keep bringing up..... But like I said if I played in a conference that was 2-10 in BCS games and my school was 1-27 vs. the top 5 I guess I would be proud of betting a 7-5 UT team that overachieved all year to...... I guess you have to take what you can get.....

+5 haha

at least 9 wins a season, sorry. and the only reason VT has that streak was because Texas' streak was broken this year. Texas did have a terrible season, and someone eluded to the fact that even in other rebuilding years it wasn't this bad, that's true. HOWEVER, in those other years, Texas didn't try changing the dimension of their offensive scheme. if they would have kept the same scheme they have been using, i believe we would have come out with at least 7 wins this year. Texas is not a power running team, never will be. that was THE biggest mistake of this year was trying to develop a power running game with the type of athletes we had on the edges. with new OC and DC coming in next year, i'm hoping we go back to the spread type offense because Gilbert can run it IMO. if he puts on a few pounds in the weightroom i see him becoming a big time QB for Texas. he can run fairly well already, and most of his INT's this year came off tipped balls, drops, and the like.

Normal scenarios don't include playing an incredibly emotional game on a Monday night, then being forced to go back onto the field 5 days later. The physical, mental, and emotional toll of that loss was too much for them (for all of us really) to be competitive against JMU.

Also, using the JMU loss to piss off Tech fans is not nearly as effective as you all think. We all understand the situation that led to that loss, have accepted it, and moved on. Want to know things we haven't accepted and piss us off when you bring them up? Our bowl record and lack of an national championship. So let 'er rip.

Thats why you schedule your James Madison's and the like after tough emotional games. I understand that the Boise game was a heartbreaker, and all that. We've all had them. But....I would disagree, Tech in no way should have lost that game anywhere, much less at Lane Stadium.

This is a good post though. I agree that what will validate(and please dont take this out of context) VT is a National Championship. Again, no offense, but winning the ACC is probably not "getting old", but I would think VT fans have come to expect that and "that" is not good enough anymore. But, it was a good season, their going to a BCS bowl, make them and the ACC some cash, and really put themselves out there if they can beat a really good Stanford team.

I wasnt comparing TN & VT, I asked a question. Comparison, lets look at facts. If you dont like FACTS, blame it on wikipedia.

Comparison? Like it or not there is no comparison. No doubt VT has had the upper hand of late. But . . . the New Orleans Saints have had the upper hand on the Dallas Cowboys as of late. And theirs too is the same, NO COMPARISON. Enjoy, the Orange Bowl, and enjoy coming up short AGAIN.

We will enjoy the Orange Bowl and you sir can enjoy watching your team possibly play against the #3 team from the MAC in the Eaglebank bowl.

I'm sorry, friend. JMU is a game you should win on 2 days rest, much less 5.

i don't care about pissing off tech fans. i just try to look at things literally in all aspects of life. A loss is a loss. No matter how it happened or why they shouldn't have lossed. No offense to anyone, that's just how it is.

I'm an Alabama fan, and a few weeks back they were up 24-0 on the #1 team in the country. Had 3 trips to the red zone with 2 fumbles and 1 field goal. But that isn't the reason why the lost. Cam Newton went crazy in the second half and put up more points than Bama's whole team. Yeah, Alabama had a chance to win, and after the first half it looked like they probably should have. But they didn't and that's how I look at things. It's noone's fault you lost but your own. Not taking a direct shot at Tech fans, just explaining how I look at things.

& Someone did bring up a good point about the schedules. If Tech were to play UT's schedule I would almost say they would go 7-5. Maybe 8-4, or maybe 6-6? I don't think anyone can argue that Tennessee has a stronger SoS. But I guess the only thing you can go on realistically is the head to head matchup last year..

It's no way being made a banner win, but the main reason the a$$ whipping that UT got by VT is only being brought up because you keep trashing VT. EVEN THOUGH UT GOT THEIR A$$ HANDED TO THEM BY VT the last time the two teams met.