Hope Calhoun

The endangered part is not due to the 19 year old she left with. It is because she is an underage minor. She just had turned 16. The boy called the school acting like he was her dad and that she had a doctors appointment. Looks like Gate City High School should be sued over this also for not seeing an actuall parent sign her out. This is also the second time he talked a girl into skipping out with him. There was a report of someone seeing her in Knoxville yesterday but it was not a positive ID.

The endangered part is not due to the 19 year old she left with. It is because she is an underage minor. She just had turned 16. The boy called the school acting like he was her dad and that she had a doctors appointment. Looks like Gate City High School should be sued over this also for not seeing an actuall parent sign her out. This is also the second time he talked a girl into skipping out with him. There was a report of someone seeing her in Knoxville yesterday but it was not a positive ID.

it's believable that our office thought that he was her dad. crazier things have happened.

I hate to say it but that kid has "crazy eyes"...he just has that look like the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Prayers for the girl and her family...

people who know him seem to think he is harmless...sounds like it was a mutual thing and they ran off together...not saying it's right or wrong to do this...but, kid seems harmless. Not a good way to handle things, but I'm sure we don't know the whole story here.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Friends-of-Alex/155125094537652?v=wall

people who know him seem to think he is harmless...sounds like it was a mutual thing and they ran off together...not saying it's right or wrong to do this...but, kid seems harmless. Not a good way to handle things, but I'm sure we don't know the whole story here.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Friends-of-Alex/155125094537652?v=wall

well i know that at the school he called in pretending to be hope's dad, and came and got her. it's not like he forcefully walked into a classroom jerked her out of a desk against her will. he seems harmless, and just a misguided kid. I'm sure they are both fine. But it's all gonna be blamed on him when they are found, and he's gonna serve some time. which doesn't seem fair as they were both in it together.

well i know that at the school he called in pretending to be hope's dad, and came and got her. it's not like he forcefully walked into a classroom jerked her out of a desk against her will. he seems harmless, and just a misguided kid. I'm sure they are both fine. But it's all gonna be blamed on him when they are found, and he's gonna serve some time. which doesn't seem fair as they were both in it together.

yeah...i dont know how this will play out in the courts...16 might be different from 15 in VA? not sure how all that works.

saw this on fbook.

"Repost from Alex's mom..."Just got off the phone with the run away hot line. Have spoken to Alex and Hope. They are alright and safe. Will let you know more as we find out...Just keep praying that they decide to come on home."

Edited by gcdevils47

She left with him on her own power. They had this all planned but now he is in jail waiting to be extradited from Hollywood CA to VA. I dont him personally but like you have heard from many he is a good kid. He made a mistake and will have to pay for it. The girl is my cousins daughter and if anything she was spoiled rotten growing up. The only reason she was considered endangered in my opinion is because she was an underage runaway. What the two of them did accomplish was put both their families through Hell. All we can hope is both are learning their lessons. I feel bad for the boy. He will be paying for his mistake. Heck he is paying right now being locked up in Hollywood.

She left with him on her own power. They had this all planned but now he is in jail waiting to be extradited from Hollywood CA to VA. I dont him personally but like you have heard from many he is a good kid. He made a mistake and will have to pay for it. The girl is my cousins daughter and if anything she was spoiled rotten growing up. The only reason she was considered endangered in my opinion is because she was an underage runaway. What the two of them did accomplish was put both their families through Hell. All we can hope is both are learning their lessons. I feel bad for the boy. He will be paying for his mistake. Heck he is paying right now being locked up in Hollywood.

yeah sad situation...maybe they will be able to work out some sort of plea deal or whatever...if the girl testifies on his behalf at a trial, I think it would be hard for the state to get a hardline conviction in something like this...i know i couldn't send a kid down the river for something like this, even though it was pretty dumb.

says this is the max:

Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor is a misdemeanor. If convicted, it carries up to a year in jail and a $2500 fine.

if that is all he gets charged with, he may be able to get off with time served and a fine with community service or something like that...guess it all just depends...i don't think they should throw the book at him though if they are within 2 years of each others age and both were in on it.

yeah sad situation...maybe they will be able to work out some sort of plea deal or whatever...if the girl testifies on his behalf at a trial, I think it would be hard for the state to get a hardline conviction in something like this...i know i couldn't send a kid down the river for something like this, even though it was pretty dumb.

says this is the max:

Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor is a misdemeanor. If convicted, it carries up to a year in jail and a $2500 fine.

if that is all he gets charged with, he may be able to get off with time served and a fine with community service or something like that...guess it all just depends...i don't think they should throw the book at him though if they are within 2 years of each others age and both were in on it.

If he's a first-time offender, it's VERY unlikely that he'll see jail time beyond what he's already had. Likely probation with community service, or something like that.

he is going to end up paying some $$$ in court costs and fines at the least...and he's spent some time in jail already over this...factor in a years probation and community service...that's still quite a lot of punishment considering the situation...or at least I think so anyway...I don't think he needs any jail time added on to that...if so then maybe 30 days or something like that at the most...guys do some crazy things over girls sometimes, gets the better of your good sense.

he is going to end up paying some $$$ in court costs and fines at the least...and he's spent some time in jail already over this...factor in a years probation and community service...that's still quite a lot of punishment considering the situation...or at least I think so anyway...I don't think he needs any jail time added on to that...if so then maybe 30 days or something like that at the most...guys do some crazy things over girls sometimes, gets the better of your good sense.

Of course, court costs. I don't know about fines, I doubt it.

I think the punishment is suitable. You don't just get up and run off with your girlfriend, especially when your girlfriend's a junior in high school. I would've never dreamed of doing something like that at 18 years old, and I myself had a girlfriend in high school after I graduated.

What's going to hurt him most is the stigma that he'll face when potential employers see that bad boy on his record. He better get used to hearing "thanks, but no thanks", because as poor as the economy is today, that makes all the difference. Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way that you can't do things with complete disregard to those around you.

it's pretty ignorant. they were both in on it together. it's not fair to him that he has to go through all this like he kidnapped her.

It takes two to tango, my friend.