Rebel Flag

bucfan64

I never called you a name. My only point is that when you reply to a post trying to defend the allegation that you are ignorant and third world, you should at least make it coherent.

And for the record, I don't think I would use the insult that he is "too tight in the ass". That could be mistaken as a compliment.

Man you are really a jerk..But I'm sure youve heard that before..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Swatztika is also a good luck symbol (not unlike a four leaf clover) so I could care less what the X stands for. Its not the original flag of the confederacy and whoever told you that is a flaming ignoramus. The true ORIGINAL flag of the confederacy is the "stars and bars", which is a blue field with a ring of 7 stars on a red flag with a white stripe in the center. Eventually that evolved to a ring of 13 stars.

The "rebel flag" isnt even the original Navy Jack. You should brush up on your American history, because when you get into the Richmond area, we know our civil war past.

You are 100% right my good sir I hadn't read my Civil War book in quite some time and I actually pulled it off the shelf after I read this

Man you are really a jerk..But I'm sure youve heard that before..

What he is trying to say is acting like a idiot(even if you are joking) doesent help you look less like an idiot. If you mean something then say it, dont just spurt off w/ some jerk b.s.

I dont think youre an idiot or some stupid jerk but sometimes you come off that way.

Well now that Hurley is venturing to the state capital and former Captol of the Confederacy, what type of uproar will be made over the rebel flag?

I personally have no problem whatsoever with the flag, but the folks in NOVA are a bit more "sensitive" to these type of things.

I would almost guarantee some type of op-ed or letter to the editor in one of the papers about the rebel flag.

Should be interesting.......

The flag in Hurley is a symbol of school pride. We are a very strong small town that have become even closer knit due to the wonderful work and attitudes of our great Varsity Basketball team this year! People have downed Hurley since Bristol Herald Courier posted an article about how good our team was this year and how high we ranked in the state of VA. Some would want nothing more than for us "Rebels" to go home without a state title. It kills some that we have even made it this far. I don't think it really matters that much that we are from Hurley but from SWVA. People would be making rude comments if we were the Wave, Tornado, Cobras, Panthers, etc. It is just 5th grade type fodder for people to feed off from and down our area. Hurley will go to Richmond on Thursday and I can guarantee there will be Rebel flags flying with pride!

What he is trying to say is acting like a idiot(even if you are joking) doesent help you look less like an idiot. If you mean something then say it, dont just spurt off w/ some jerk b.s.

I dont think youre an idiot or some stupid jerk but sometimes you come off that way.

I can comprehend quite well what he said redtiger I was joking..Like Lance said all of this over a flag? I didnt intend to offend anybody I was just making light of the subject.

That Rebel flag has been around forever and it will still be around when all of us are dead and gone. As Rodney King said "Cant we all just get along" lol...Good luck Hurley I hope you guys win it all...

Guest The Variable
i have.. a homeless guy tried to sell me donuts there

You havent BEEN to Richmond if you have not been accosted by the homeless there.

Guest The Variable
I'm not going to lie to you, Hurley pretty much only uses the "battle flag." What I was saying, is you don't like the flag they wave be at the center and sell them the one you want them to wave. Wait a minute, that would make you like the Govt., trying to to tell people what they should and shouldn't do.

I believe Robert D. Raiford says it best, we are The United States of the Offended.

That is the great thing about this country, we have the right to offend you, and you have the right to tell us why you are offended. lol

Sounds like a pretty good idea.

Interpretation is the key word here, its how the flag is interpreted. If it is meant to be related the school and their name...then honor it that way. These days, people have no problems with things of this nature...things have changed. Now if you want to be immature, and make an issue of it...then it can be nasty....but for this particular school and flag, it basically means "We have been taught that this is our school flag and we are called the REBELS, I see no problem with it....hey its how you want to take it....so for these kids, there should be no problem....I have REBEL flags all along my fence to show support for the Rebels during the football and basketball season....then I take them down when all thats over with....I even have red and blue lights with it....so its a free country to show support for you local school....and when we are put in a position to go to the state as we are...it should be understood what we stand for...honoring our school and if it means having a Rebel flag...then the kids should understand that we are going to bring it....GO MIGHTY REBELS!!!GO WOLFMAN PECK!!!

Guest The Variable
Lol, put it on a t-shirt

Good luck picking up women wearing that shirt.