Graham football job now open

CPF

Apparently GMan got his feelings hurt by what I said about his soon to be football coach.

You seem to be awfully worried about Coach Wyatt ending up coaching the G-men. You scared he will beat you on a regular basis and expose you people for being the dysfunctional bunch that we have known you were for the last 20 years? Seems that way to me, not to mention that I got the lowdown on you from some of the coaches down there. I guess when you never see the field you become bitter,huh?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be awfully worried about Coach Wyatt ending up coaching the G-men. You scared he will beat you on a regular basis and expose you people for being the dysfunctional bunch that we have known you were for the last 20 years? Seems that way to me, not to mention that I got the lowdown on you from some of the coaches down there. I guess when you never see the field you become bitter,huh?

Never seen the field? I think he seen the field real well.... Not a bad seat at any games!

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints.....it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.....he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody..........how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity...he spent his heart in soul into this program for 35 years and still and will forever more bleed maroon and gold!!!

Edited by crimsontide 50

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. No longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. No longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints.....it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or h.t.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.....he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. Get over it so what if they yell thats what a coach does!!! It happens in college too you cant avoid it! You guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody..........how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity...he spent his heart in soul into this program for 35 years and still and will forever more bleed maroon and gold!!!

not all of his heart and soul he gave up a home game so he could go to nc and watch kid set. This is not heart and soul this putting kid first and for a coach the team comes first all the time. If he could not do this then it was time to step down cause what would he give up when his kid did get to play. Personally he is a good man but he did not help this team. You can yell at a player in the right way. Carlock did this and kids wanted to play for him. When kids only want to play senior year or not at all something is not right and it falls on the coach not the kids or their parents. In every league if you do not win it is not the players that lose their position it is the coach that takes the blame he is the leader. There have been many complaints on here and in bluefield long before this year. People gave him the chance to succede and he did not to blame the kids is wrong. They can only do what they are told to do. I know in several games this year he had kids playing in positons that they could not and cost them many games. I am sorry that you want to blame the kids and their parents but understand because of who you are and cannot see past the fact he is your father and in your eyes cannot do any wrong. He is not perfect nor will the person who replaces him. But hopefully this person will utilize the kids he has in the right position. I am sorry for the fact that he lost his job but it was time. And only time will tell how ghs does in the future. But i know people in blfd grew tired of the way the program was heading down hill.

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints.....it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.....he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody..........how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity...how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity.

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THEM DID HE?

no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. AND WHO'S FAULT IS IT FOR ALLOWING THIS??? PLAYERS RESPECTED AND FEARED CARLOCK AND KNEW THAT IF THEY WANTED TO PLAY THEY HAD TO BE READY.

no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints IMHO, MARRS ALLOWED WEECEE TO BRING DOWN THE PROGRAM. BUT AS HEAD COACH MARRS DID NOTHING TO PREVENT IT. THE COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS.

..it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.. ONCE AGAIN...NOBODY EXPECTS GREATNESS EVERY YEAR. CARLOCK HAD BAD YEARS BUT YOU KNEW YOU PLAYED A FOOTBALL GAME AGAINST A VERY TOUGH AND PHYSICAL TEAM WHEN YOU PLAYED GRAHAM. GRAHAM WAS VERY SOFT UNDER MARRS AND WEECEE. ALSO, HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE NO MORE AHMADS OR HT'S? THERE A LOT OF KIDS WHO REFUSE TO PLAY FOR MARRS AND WEECEE THAT MAY BE THE NEXT GREAT PLAYER?

he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody. COACHES YELL...EVERYONE KNOWS THAT...WHAT HURT MARRS IS HE ALLOWED WEECEE TO BELITTLE HIS PLAYERS AND AS A HC COACH YOU CAN'T ALLOW THAT...YELLING IS FINE...TALKING DOWN TO AND BELITTLING PLAYERS IS NOT.

how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity. THIS IS INTERESTING THAT YOU SAID THIS...IF THE TALENT IS SO GOOD AND THERE ARE A LOT OF KIDS WHO PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL (AND THERE ARE)...THEN WHY IS GRAHAM SO BAD???? COACHING MAYBE??? PLAY CALLING??? LACK OF LEADERSHIP??? KIDS JUST PLAY BAD IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT COLLEGE'S RECOGNIZE THAT THEY WILL BE GOOD AT THE NEXT LEVEL..LOL

I DO HATE THAT COACH MARRS ENDED UP IN THIS SITUATION. I THINK HE IS A PRETTY SMART FOOTBALL GUY BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON HE ALLOWED ONE OF THE WORST COACHES EVER TO BE HIS RIGHT HAND AND IT COST HIM. HOW THE ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR GOT TO BE THAT IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER!!! WHY MARRS ALLOWED WEECEE TO RUIN WHAT WAS ONCE SUCH A GREAT HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM IS BEYOND ME, BUT HOPEFULLY NOW IT WILL GET BETTER.

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints.....it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.....he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody..........how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity...he spent his heart in soul into this program for 35 years and still and will forever more bleed maroon and gold!!!

"The buck stops here."-Harry Truman

Speaking of coaches sending players onto other levels, Al Groh sent more players to the NFL than Frank Beamer. One was much more successful than the other. Hint: it wasn't Al Groh. Talent alone does not a good team make. Al Groh got fired for being a "bad coach", though he sent 29 players onto the NFL. Let's put that to bed.

High school talent runs in cycles. However, the team's size has dropped in half while school enrollment remains constant. Yes, you have to play whom you have. But when you decrease the talent pool...

I'm not doubting his heart and soul. I'm sure he had it. But heart and soul alone does not a good team make. You can have heart and soul, and be ineffective. Michael Jordan always had the heart and soul, but not until he changed his way of mind did he become a champion. He single-handedly broke the spirit of his '87-'89 teams. He became less condescending, and walked a line between fiery competitor and teammate that didn't destroy his teammates' confidence and self-esteem. Honestly, your dad never learned this lesson as a head coach. He had just 1 fourth-year senior; that's astounding. Some great people never learn this lesson. It took the best-ever 7 years to learn it.

I wish him the best. I really do. Hopefully, he excels at everything he does from now on.

I'm glad he won't have to put up with that either anymore. And I am glad that you guys will get to spend plenty of quality time together. And I am glad that pops can work on his golf game now. I guess everyone is happy now.

Apparently GMan got his feelings hurt by what I said about his soon to be football coach.

If you had hurt my feelings, you wouldn't have been able to post this...;)

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints.....it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.....he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody..........how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity...how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity.

im glad pops is leaving no longer will he have to worry about players coming to play just for their senior year. HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THEM DID HE?

no longer will he have to find his players in halls doing absolutely nothing and not getting ready for next season. AND WHO'S FAULT IS IT FOR ALLOWING THIS??? PLAYERS RESPECTED AND FEARED CARLOCK AND KNEW THAT IF THEY WANTED TO PLAY THEY HAD TO BE READY.

no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....if he as been such a horrible coach all these years then why is he just now getting complaints IMHO, MARRS ALLOWED WEECEE TO BRING DOWN THE PROGRAM. BUT AS HEAD COACH MARRS DID NOTHING TO PREVENT IT. THE COMPLAINTS HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS.

..it bull crap nobody has patience, everybody expects for graham to be good every year.....guess what we dont have anymore ahmad's or H.T.'s so get over it you have to play with what ya got.. ONCE AGAIN...NOBODY EXPECTS GREATNESS EVERY YEAR. CARLOCK HAD BAD YEARS BUT YOU KNEW YOU PLAYED A FOOTBALL GAME AGAINST A VERY TOUGH AND PHYSICAL TEAM WHEN YOU PLAYED GRAHAM. GRAHAM WAS VERY SOFT UNDER MARRS AND WEECEE. ALSO, HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE ARE NO MORE AHMADS OR HT'S? THERE A LOT OF KIDS WHO REFUSE TO PLAY FOR MARRS AND WEECEE THAT MAY BE THE NEXT GREAT PLAYER?

he didnt destroy the program the players and there parents who couldnt stand their little baby get yelled at. GET OVER IT SO WHAT IF THEY YELL THATS WHAT A COACH DOES!!! IT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE TOO YOU CANT AVOID IT! you guys just dont understand how bad he yelled at me and my cousins we got it worse than anybody. COACHES YELL...EVERYONE KNOWS THAT...WHAT HURT MARRS IS HE ALLOWED WEECEE TO BELITTLE HIS PLAYERS AND AS A HC COACH YOU CAN'T ALLOW THAT...YELLING IS FINE...TALKING DOWN TO AND BELITTLING PLAYERS IS NOT.

how could he be such a bad coach when he sends all these kids to college and gets all his players looked at even if they dont want to go he still gave them the opportunity. THIS IS INTERESTING THAT YOU SAID THIS...IF THE TALENT IS SO GOOD AND THERE ARE A LOT OF KIDS WHO PLAY AT THE NEXT LEVEL (AND THERE ARE)...THEN WHY IS GRAHAM SO BAD???? COACHING MAYBE??? PLAY CALLING??? LACK OF LEADERSHIP??? KIDS JUST PLAY BAD IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT COLLEGE'S RECOGNIZE THAT THEY WILL BE GOOD AT THE NEXT LEVEL..LOL

I DO HATE THAT COACH MARRS ENDED UP IN THIS SITUATION. I THINK HE IS A PRETTY SMART FOOTBALL GUY BUT FOR WHATEVER REASON HE ALLOWED ONE OF THE WORST COACHES EVER TO BE HIS RIGHT HAND AND IT COST HIM. HOW THE ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR GOT TO BE THAT IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER!!! WHY MARRS ALLOWED WEECEE TO RUIN WHAT WAS ONCE SUCH A GREAT HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM IS BEYOND ME, BUT HOPEFULLY NOW IT WILL GET BETTER.

• 2 weeks later...
no longer will he have to listen to all this bull crap about how he destroyed this program....

Since I am bored tonight and had nothing to do I decided to look something up. Quite interesting I thought.........

Number of times Graham allowed more than 30 points in a game from 1973 to 2004-27

Number of times Graham allowed more than 30 points in a game from 2005 to 2010-27

Nah, he didn't destroy anything.....