Graham football job now open

CPF

Bottom line is that it was time for a change. When you lose control of your program, and lose support of the community, you need to make a change. This was the time. Anyone who went to the games this year saw this on and off the field. There were games where there couldn't have been more than 500 people in the stands. That was sad to see folks.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are either a Marrs or one of his stooges, either way you need to just go away.

I am neither. As GManFan's post says, it is time for him to go. I totally agree that Marrs' time at Graham is over. What I'm saying is that it is not constructive to continue dragging his name through the mud.

It's over now. A new era begins. Let it begin.

Another solid bet.

I know all about their "hiring" practices....have somebody picked for a job...then waste a lot of people's time by having them come in for bogus interviews....at least that's how it was years ago....I sure hope it's different now.

Didn't Graham fans get what they wanted? Marrs is no longer the coach. Why do we all have to know every last detail of the settlement? I find it odd that people's curiosity has transformed into a sense that they are entitled to know every last word said between the two parties.

I find it odd that you have to be bothered by other people's thought processes....

Bottom line is that it was time for a change. When you lose control of your program, and lose support of the community, you need to make a change. This was the time. Anyone who went to the games this year saw this on and off the field. There were games where there couldn't have been more than 500 people in the stands. That was sad to see folks.

I counted about 36 fans at the Marion game.....which was away....but still...come on...Graham used to travel well and bring more fans than the home teams to away games.

The band parents are the majority of the crowd nowadays. 500 people in the stands?? sure wasn't the games I was at...I'd say 200 max...excluding the band....Of course, I'm not counting the Bluefield game.

I know all about their "hiring" practices....have somebody picked for a job...then waste a lot of people's time by having them come in for bogus interviews....at least that's how it was years ago....I sure hope it's different now.

Definitely the routine during the Mullins/Hodock eras. It's slightly better now, but not that much so. I've had family members on the wrong side of that fence for many years.

Would be nice if they (TCSB) would be more open and honest about the hiring process. I hear from very good sources that Wyatt has the job and is planning on bringing in some former Tazewell coaches. But, I've also heard that Wyatt is planning on retiring in a year or two after this coming season.

I wonder if Brad Bradley's name had been tossed around.......

Ooops! Too late! He's already spoken for....

He is the Head Coach and AD at Amelia County outside of Richmond. That would be great if he followed in his grandfather's footsteps. In all liklihood, you will never see that happen.

He is the Head Coach and AD at Amelia County outside of Richmond. That would be great if he followed in his grandfather's footsteps. In all liklihood, you will never see that happen.

You really just don't know how close he came to taking the Graham job. And that is all I will say........

Would be nice if they (TCSB) would be more open and honest about the hiring process. I hear from very good sources that Wyatt has the job and is planning on bringing in some former Tazewell coaches. But, I've also heard that Wyatt is planning on retiring in a year or two after this coming season.

What do you want them to do? They posted it state wide for 10 days and are accepting applications. They will weed it down from there.No one "has the job", or has been promised the job.The man that is best for Graham High and their kids will get the job. And if its Bobby Wyatt, then great. If not, then the man that was hired was the best fit. Either way, Graham wins.....and we've needed a win for a long time.

Definite upgrade from what we've got now. Maybe we'll have enough to field a team after all.....

If offered and the timing was right, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bradley at Graham at some point.

It did not post statewide. It only posted on the TCSB website. Chances are once coaches out of the area hear of the posting it will be closed.

Edited by be4g-men

It did not post statewide. It only posted on the TCSB website. Chances are once coaches out of the area hear of the posting it will be closed.

Trust me, the word gets around...the internet is a wonderful thing...

Guest Highlanders

Maybe Graham should consider former Pulaski County head coach Jack Turner or Carlock's son.

Maybe carlock but turner need not apply.

Turner can rub people the wrong way, but I've had a couple of converssations with him pretty recently and he absolutely loves the Bluefield area and Graham and Bluefield football in particular...and I'm sure he would love a chance to work here, but I think he may be headed to Auburn...

Gbaby I've always wondered, why do you have a picture of a man holding a beaver? You're from Graham not Bluefield?

You picked the wrong rodent. That my friend is the Whistle Pig, otherwise know as the Groundhog.