Bin Laden Photos

President Obama chooses not to release photos.

IMO,

They will be released for you to view at a later date. I know there is a huge diff of opinion. Both Dems / Reps have agreed it is him both by looking at it and verifying it. I agree with delaying it to let some tension dissolve. I think they compared to "spiking the football after a TD."

Your thoughts.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Not saying that I don't believe it, but the way this whole was handled really rubs me the wrong way. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

President Obama chooses not to release photos.

IMO,

They will be released for you to view at a later date. I know there is a huge diff of opinion. Both Dems / Reps have agreed it is him both by looking at it and verifying it. I agree with delaying it to let some tension dissolve. I think they compared to "spiking the football after a TD."

Your thoughts.

I like the comparison and I agree to an extent but I think releasing the photos will have the same effect now as it will in the future. What do we accomplish by delaying an inevitable reaction?

If congress agrees on this one thing, I'll take it as a sure sign and move on with my life.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Not saying that I don't believe it, but the way this whole was handled really rubs me the wrong way. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Agreed. The more they "hold back" the less believable it is.

As I said, I want a cold, bloody, dead body as proof. Too bad it was conveniently "buried at sea". And now, "we're not releasing the photos"...because they can't release what they don't have...

This will be/is the BIGGEST cover-up in American history...

Keep following these idiots, Sheeple...they lead you right of that giant cliff just like lemmings...

people dont care how bad they are...people want to see this mans blood and guts spread out on the pavement for the vultures to eat until his bones are picked clean...if you put it on pay-per-view you would make more than a Tyson title fight did back in the day.

As I said, I want a cold, bloody, dead body as proof. Too bad it was conveniently "buried at sea". And now, "we're not releasing the photos"...because they can't release what they don't have...

Keep following these idiots, Sheeple...they lead you right of that giant cliff just like lemmings...

You wearing your tinfoil hat, G-Man?

I also didn't like the quick burial at sea. The administration argued that is tradition Islam burial within 24 hours, yet Muslims say that being buried at sea goes against tradition. Not releasing the photos certainly brings up another question.

Expect the approval bump Obama got to halt and possibly decrease now.

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't being released, but I will not go into "conspiracy theory" mode. Two reasons:

1. The last thing I'd want a child under 10 stumbling across online are pictures of Osama bin Laden with a gaping wound in the side of his head. THAT is the difference between Uday/Qusay Hussein. Just like you can't put lipstick on a pig and improve its appearance, so you can't improve the appearance of a gaping head wound without violating Islamic custom. And since Obama et. al. are bending over backward to accomodate Islamic custom, there you go.

2. Osama bin Laden was far too prideful an individual to NOT release something if the killing were a hoax. Nothing's come from Osama. Only 1 weak statement has come from Al Qaeda. There's not nearly enough activity abroad to suggest that this thing is a hoax.

But if you do believe that this is a hoax, meet my friends "Second Shooter on the Grassy Knoll" and "Faked Moon Landing". There's less evidence for this hoax than there is the other two...

I also didn't like the quick burial at sea. The administration argued that is tradition Islam burial within 24 hours, yet Muslims say that being buried at sea goes against tradition. Not releasing the photos certainly brings up another question.

Expect the approval bump Obama got to halt and possibly decrease now.

I have Muslim friends, and have spoken with them. This violates Islamic custom in the same way that believing the Earth is over 6000 years old violates Christian custom. Meaning, only a strict, non-interpretative reader would say that this violates custom.

To quote one of them: "The U.S. did the minimum, but it is satisfactory."

I'm a little disappointed that they aren't being released, but I will not go into "conspiracy theory" mode. Two reasons:

1. The last thing I'd want a child under 10 stumbling across online are pictures of Osama bin Laden with a gaping wound in the side of his head. THAT is the difference between Uday/Qusay Hussein. Just like you can't put lipstick on a pig and improve its appearance, so you can't improve the appearance of a gaping head wound without violating Islamic custom. And since Obama et. al. are bending over backward to accomodate Islamic custom, there you go.

2. Osama bin Laden was far too prideful an individual to NOT release something if the killing were a hoax. Nothing's come from Osama. Only 1 weak statement has come from Al Qaeda. There's not nearly enough activity abroad to suggest that this thing is a hoax.

But if you do believe that this is a hoax, meet my friends "Second Shooter on the Grassy Knoll" and "Faked Moon Landing". There's less evidence for this hoax than there is the other two...

Also, if it were a hoax, this whole thing with Pakistan seems to be awfully shaky when we could've "staged" the same result in a remote Afghani cave...

Sorry to bust your bubble again Gman but by Islamic Burial Rights they are to be buried on or in an Islamic state but the thing is is that no nation on earth wanted his body so in that case it says that they are to be buried at sea.

Sorry to bust your bubble again Gman but by Islamic Burial Rights they are to be buried on or in an Islamic state but the thing is is that no nation on earth wanted his body so in that case it says that they are to be buried at sea.

This. Though it begs the question of how hard the U.S. tried.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists, in fact I despise most of them. Lol

There are some inconsistencies in the information provided by the administration. Almost similar to a suspected criminal who is being interrogated.

I'm not a conspiracy theorists, in fact I despise most of them. Lol

There are some inconsistencies in the information provided by the administration. Almost similar to a suspected criminal who is being interrogated.

What inconsistencies are you referring to?

What inconsistencies are you referring to?

The timing, DNA tests, whether he was killed immediately or captured first. Originally they said he was firing a weapon, then he didn't, then he resisted arrest, then he resisted arrest by reaching for a gun, and then he didn't reach for a gun. I don't know what really happened?

The timing, DNA tests, whether he was killed immediately or captured first. Originally they said he was firing a weapon, then he didn't, then he resisted arrest, then he resisted arrest by reaching for a gun, and then he didn't reach for a gun. I don't know what really happened?

Is this stuff the White House has officially released or things that have come out of an international media frenzy?

I've only heard 1) possibly armed and then 2) unarmed.

Number 2 they openly admitted within 24 hours. I think him originally being shot dead made us all assume he was armed (I never saw a release that said he was, only speculation). We basically shot him so that terrorist groups couldn't attempt to gain any leverage in getting him back...not a lot of use for a dead guy sunk into the bottom of the sea.

Is this stuff the White House has officially released or things that have come out of an international media frenzy?

I've only heard 1) possibly armed and then 2) unarmed.

Number 2 they openly admitted within 24 hours. I think him originally being shot dead made us all assume he was armed (I never saw a release that said he was, only speculation). We basically shot him so that terrorist groups couldn't attempt to gain any leverage in getting him back...not a lot of use for a dead guy sunk into the bottom of the sea.

From what I've heard it's information that the White House reported to the media.

1. The timing is obviously going to be iffy at first, when details are clarified and come to light. However, the timing of this mission has been very, very constant. 40 minutes, securing the 1st floor, Osama resisted on the 2nd floor and moved to the 3rd floor, Osama's concubine/wife ran at him, forces shot her in the leg to temporarily disable her, forces shoot Osama dead, helicopter breaks down, helicopter set on fire/exploded, forces leave. No variations on this story at all.

2. There's been no controversy at all about the DNA test. A simple DNA test was taken, it was him, case closed.

3. That's the possibly armed/unarmed detail Deuces talked about. He did a good job defending it.

It's very, very cut-and-dry. The rest is media sensationalism.

people dont care how bad they are...people want to see this mans blood and guts spread out on the pavement for the vultures to eat until his bones are picked clean...if you put it on pay-per-view you would make more than a Tyson title fight did back in the day.

Nailed it. Many just want to see the pics just like wanted to watch the video of Saddem Hussein being hung. I personally have seen my share of dead in person and have no need to see anymore.

We don't live in the wild west anymore, lets act as if we are more civilized than the Bin Laden's of the world.

I really was dissapointed, because I want to see it. It's not that I'm a sicko, it's a point of closure I guess. But, if we have waited10 years +, I can wait a little longer.

I feel that everyone's point is valid except for the wacko's who literally feel that it didn't happen. I understand the stance on wanting to wait. I feel that we may be trying to be too politically correct, but it may be the right step. I'm not a politician, but even the republicans that have seen the photo agree that it's him in addition to the DNA results.

Sure the photos will come out sometime, even if it's when the next President comes along. I honestly think Obama will release them at some point, just not now due to trying not to look boastful.

It's very sad to see some people so Anti-American / Anti-Government. When you sit there and say that it didn't happen, you simply take away from those Seals that did the deed. Do you not think that Bin Laden would have put out a video saying.....ummmm "I'm still alive, I kill you."? You are so ridiculous and sad......if you are so unhappy.....find another country!

Edited by fieldgeneral

I still don't understand why we are "celebrating" his death. Yes, they "celebrated" the 9/11 attacks, but two wrongs don't make a right. I think it is ignorant to do so. Is the world a better place without him? I believe so, but any "celebration" of his death is morally wrong IMO.

But again, at the same time, curiosity kills the kitten (or something like that) so I wanna see some pics!

Also, don't get me wrong, I love America and what our soldiers are doing over there. I could NEVER do what they do day in and day out. I don't have the mental strength (or physical) to do that. I fully applaud their work around the world and support them 100%. Without them, I wouldn't have the freedoms I do today. So don't take this as a bash against our Army. It is not intended as one.

Edited by VivaFutbol

I still don't understand why we are "celebrating" his death. Yes, they "celebrated" the 9/11 attacks, but two wrongs don't make a right. I think it is ignorant to do so. Is the world a better place without him? I believe so, but any "celebration" of his death is morally wrong IMO.

But again, at the same time, curiosity kills the kitten (or something like that) so I wanna see some pics!

Also, don't get me wrong, I love America and what our soldiers are doing over there. I could NEVER do what they do day in and day out. I don't have the mental strength (or physical) to do that. I fully applaud their work around the world and support them 100%. Without them, I wouldn't have the freedoms I do today. So don't take this as a bash against our Army. It is not intended as one.

My comment wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at those simply saying it didn't happen because they have yet to show us photos. I agree with you. I can't stand the SOB and I'm glad he can't hurt anyone else. It's a huge victory for us in the war or terror. I'm proud of our President as well as our Military, especially the SEALS. I have mixed feelings on celebrating a death, but parading these pictures would not be the best idea right now.

This. Though it begs the question of how hard the U.S. tried.

Even if they did is there any legitimate nation in the world that would want it, I mean even Gaddafi didn't want it and he is easily the craziest of the Middle East.