2011 Football Schedules

Jason

I am looking for Carroll County's 2011 Football Schedule to complete the SWD section of mine and Beamerballs online High School football schedule site. Looking for Hurley, Haysi, Grundy, and Twin Valley's schedules from the BDD. Also from the old Region C we need Graham, Bland County, Fort Chiswell, all but Radford from the TRD, and all of the Pioneer District schedules. And if anyone knows any other VA H.S. teams schedules from any classification we would greatly appreciate the help.

Grundy doesn't have a full schedule yet...only 8 games last i heard. Guess people didn't believe me when i said it would not be easy to fill once they went to A ball.

Grundy doesn't have a full schedule yet...only 8 games last i heard. Guess people didn't believe me when i said it would not be easy to fill once they went to A ball.

Honistly it will be eaisier next cycle the whole Wise Co mess (6 teams 3 team 6 teams 3 teams) had EVERYONE screwed up this time

What is Grundys schedule (Or 8 games ) so far?

Tazwell and Richlands still play singal A teams I am suprised that they droped Grundy

I would think that eastridge and Shelby Vally would be two close games for Grundy (I know both were looking for games a few months ago)

Clintwood will play them every year (Till they consoladate at least)

The new Central and Eastside High schools would probably not be tough to get on the schedule next time around (Not sure about Union)

Its not really any tougher time than they had filling out a AA schedule is it?

Grundy is probably a victim of the risk vs. return calculation. There is some benefit for Single A schools to schedule AA opponents because of the way playoff points are calculated. You get more points for beating someone above your classification. Conversely, you are not penalized any more for losing. Some Single A schools were probably more willing to schedule Grundy as a Group AA opponent based on this rationale. Now that the benefit is gone, so is that particular motivation for scheduling them.

So long story short, yes it probably is more difficult for a school to fill out a schedule at least in the initial season(s) after dropping from one classification to another.

Grundy is probably a victim of the risk vs. return calculation. There is some benefit for Single A schools to schedule AA opponents because of the way playoff points are calculated. You get more points for beating someone above your classification. Conversely, you are not penalized any more for losing. Some Single A schools were probably more willing to schedule Grundy as a Group AA opponent based on this rationale. Now that the benefit is gone, so is that particular motivation for scheduling them.

So long story short, yes it probably is more difficult for a school to fill out a schedule at least in the initial season(s) after dropping from one classification to another.

especially when you go to figure out how many bonus points they will carry based on wins...Grundy lost a lot of good kids last year...so...

I think they had 2 KY teams scheduled to fill the holes and both backed out on them...dont know the details. A big factor is travel time, a lot of schools dont want to make the trip to Grundy. As far as Clintwood goes, they usually scrimmage Clintwood...but not sure they have room in the schedule for Grundy?

and since its a two year cycle on schedules, it wont be a 1 year thing...

especially when you go to figure out how many bonus points they will carry based on wins...Grundy lost a lot of good kids last year...so...

I think they had 2 KY teams scheduled to fill the holes and both backed out on them...dont know the details. A big factor is travel time, a lot of schools dont want to make the trip to Grundy. As far as Clintwood goes, they usually scrimmage Clintwood...but not sure they have room in the schedule for Grundy?

and since its a two year cycle on schedules, it wont be a 1 year thing...

Oh Clintwood had room Lost App/Pound/Coeburn and droped SV and were droped by Happy Valley

They Picked up

Gate City, Lee, Hazard, Gryson Co and I THINK Grundy

If other schedules I have seen are to be belived Grundy will play Haysi/Honaker/TV and HurleY as district opponents

OOD teams are

Lebanon, Castlewood, (Clintwood I am 90% sure)

I am VERY suprised Grundy could not keep anyone from the SWD on there schedule

That being said IF Grundy is still stitting on 8 games this late in the game picking up 2 more games will be TOUGH

just looking at others that have Grundy on schedules that are posted here and there...this is what I have seen so far:

twin valley

haysi

hurley

honaker

east ridge

lebanon

castlewood

-there is another but i'm not sure who it is?

at one point I heard Lloyd say they had Shelby Valley and Pike Central, but both of those teams backed out.

I don't think Clintwood wants to play Grundy...they scrimmage at Clintwood every year for a while now, but I dont think they want to make the trip to Grundy during the season. I'm not sure what dates Grundy has open, if anyone is looking for a game call the school and I'm sure they can find out. I know they were looking at a couple of other possible games but last i heard they had not been able to find two more to fill the schedule.

as for the SWD teams...pretty sure Taz Co made it clear that none of the teams would schedule Grundy if they dropped to Single A...this was put out a long time ago. Marion and Grundy went for over 15 years without playing, although those have been some great games lately and I would have liked to see them continue to play. Carroll County was a burden for both schools, shouldn't have been put in the SWD to begin with. Graham has a full slate with the Beaver game and the new district, Richlands has beat grundy like a drum for a while now, there is really no point in playing that game if they are not in the same district...and there is still a stink in the air and has been for a while between Tazewell and Grundy, pretty much since about 1987...although I hate to see that one end as well...but no big shock to see them go separate ways. John Battle flat out said "No Way" from what I heard...doesn't really leave much to pick from with open dates that will work...it's easy to say "well just play xxxxx"....but, you have to remember you are trying to juggle dates with teams playing other teams trying to do the same thing in TN,VA,KY,NC, and WV...some of which start earlier than we do...so...there is a lot more to it than most people think. Then factor in most schools at this point have the schedule completed...two a days start here soon.

Is there a chance that anyone that Grundy has already scheduled has less than 10 games, maybe they would play them twice? I believe this has happened in the past. I want to say Graham had to do it in the last decade at least once but I'm not certain.

Is there a chance that anyone that Grundy has already scheduled has less than 10 games, maybe they would play them twice? I believe this has happened in the past. I want to say Graham had to do it in the last decade at least once but I'm not certain.

Graham played Bluefield twice a couple of years back.

I think most teams have a full slate at this point....i think they are looking out of state now to fill the last two.

just looking at others that have Grundy on schedules that are posted here and there...this is what I have seen so far:

twin valley

haysi

hurley

honaker

east ridge

lebanon

castlewood

-there is another but i'm not sure who it is?

at one point I heard Lloyd say they had Shelby Valley and Pike Central, but both of those teams backed out.

I don't think Clintwood wants to play Grundy...they scrimmage at Clintwood every year for a while now, but I dont think they want to make the trip to Grundy during the season. I'm not sure what dates Grundy has open, if anyone is looking for a game call the school and I'm sure they can find out. I know they were looking at a couple of other possible games but last i heard they had not been able to find two more to fill the schedule.

as for the SWD teams...pretty sure Taz Co made it clear that none of the teams would schedule Grundy if they dropped to Single A...this was put out a long time ago. Marion and Grundy went for over 15 years without playing, although those have been some great games lately and I would have liked to see them continue to play. Carroll County was a burden for both schools, shouldn't have been put in the SWD to begin with. Graham has a full slate with the Beaver game and the new district, Richlands has beat grundy like a drum for a while now, there is really no point in playing that game if they are not in the same district...and there is still a stink in the air and has been for a while between Tazewell and Grundy, pretty much since about 1987...although I hate to see that one end as well...but no big shock to see them go separate ways. John Battle flat out said "No Way" from what I heard...doesn't really leave much to pick from with open dates that will work...it's easy to say "well just play xxxxx"....but, you have to remember you are trying to juggle dates with teams playing other teams trying to do the same thing in TN,VA,KY,NC, and WV...some of which start earlier than we do...so...there is a lot more to it than most people think. Then factor in most schools at this point have the schedule completed...two a days start here soon.

Clintwood going to Grundy would not be an issue (It is closer time and milage wise than Lee GC or Grayson Co)

I am still 90% sure that they are on for this season (Clintwoods scrimage this season is against Shelby Valley which sort of makes me think Grundy in the Reg season is a possability)

Clintwood going to Grundy would not be an issue (It is closer time and milage wise than Lee GC or Grayson Co)

I am still 90% sure that they are on for this season (Clintwoods scrimage this season is against Shelby Valley which sort of makes me think Grundy in the Reg season is a possability)

might be...i dont know who the other is yet...i'll ask lloyd if he knows.

I do know in the past Clintwood has said it didn't want to make the trip to Grundy...take that for what it's worth as to why, but it's the truth.

Ummm, guess you and the coach are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

(Wish I could find the story, but I can't)

Grayson County to Grundy has got to be one nightmare of a trip for two SWVA schools. Had either even heard of the other before they scheduled each other? lol

I know Grayson is only going to be like 20 minutes further than their trips to Carroll but still, that is quite a haul. I guess both teams have to be used to that kind of thing by now. I81 has spoiled me.

might be...i dont know who the other is yet...i'll ask lloyd if he knows.

I do know in the past Clintwood has said it didn't want to make the trip to Grundy...take that for what it's worth as to why, but it's the truth.

Just got comfermation that Grundy is Clintwoods 9th game this season (Still Not sure of the date) the game is at Grundy

Just got comfermation that Grundy is Clintwoods 9th game this season (Still Not sure of the date) the game is at Grundy

10/28/11 or 10/21/11. Clintwood at Grundy. Grundy had 10 games the 1st of May. Shelby Valley declined to play after changing coaches. Pike Central just called and said they picked up someone else. Would have never known from Pike Central until we needed their schedule for vhsl. Right now, have calls into Mt. View and Oak Hill who both have dates that match ours. Open dates are 9/16, 10/7, and 11/4.

Edited by olewave

10/28/11 Clintwood at Grundy. Grundy had 10 games the 1st of May. Shelby Valley declined to play after changing coaches. Pike Central just called and said they picked up someone else. Would have never known from Pike Central until we needed their schedule for vhsl. Right now, have calls into Mt. View and Oak Hill who both have dates that match ours.

Someone better be telling Central. They will be headed to Clintwood on October 28th. http://warriors-football.com/schedules

I was thinking Clintwood and Grundy played each other during the regular season for a couple of years before they started schrimmaging each other. I remember going over to Grundy and watching those two play(Haysi had Clintwood early in the season and Grundy late). Maybe 04 or 05?