2011 Master Football Schedule

hogo_sportz

I was combing through looking for teams with less than 10 games and found a few. Not sure how up-to-date they all are, I would assume some of them have been filled somehow.

Brunswick, 9 games, open weeks 3 and 4

Chincoteague, 7 games, open weeks 5, 6, 7, and 10 (longgggg drive, there's a reason they only have 7)

Ervinton, 8 games, open weeks 3, 5, and 7

Haysi, 9 games, open weeks 3 and 6 (plays Grundy already on 5)

And of course, Grundy, 8 games, open weeks 4 and 7.

I was combing through looking for teams with less than 10 games and found a few. Not sure how up-to-date they all are, I would assume some of them have been filled somehow.

Brunswick, 9 games, open weeks 3 and 4

Chincoteague, 7 games, open weeks 5, 6, 7, and 10 (longgggg drive, there's a reason they only have 7)

Ervinton, 8 games, open weeks 3, 5, and 7

Haysi, 9 games, open weeks 3 and 6 (plays Grundy already on 5)

And of course, Grundy, 8 games, open weeks 4 and 7.

Ervinton would be a good pickup heck just play them twice

Still doesn't make sense IMO for Tazewell to play Blacksburg but not Grundy. I like that they picked up Giles though, at least their fans travel well, unlike Blacksburg's.

Some matchups I've never seen before:

Abingdon vs Happy Valley

Virginia High vs Radford

Gate City vs Harlan County

Glenvar vs James Monroe

Carroll County vs Mt. Airy

Auburn vs East Hardy

Also interesting how Wise Central had to pick up three TN teams: Sullivan Central and North plus Johnson County.

Ervinton would be a good pickup heck just play them twice

I would assume Haysi/Ervinton will play. Ervinton droped Haysi a few years back because it wasnt a competitive series but I dont see anyway that two county schools which are 20 minutes apart would settle for less than 10 games.

The directional names were what the students wanted(although I agree they are poor choices). The crazy thing is the name that has brought on the most controversy is Union. Some people(adults) are upset that it isint a directional name like the other two.

I would assume Haysi/Ervinton will play. Ervinton droped Haysi a few years back because it wasnt a competitive series but I dont see anyway that two county schools which are 20 minutes apart would settle for less than 10 games.

The directional names were what the students wanted(although I agree they are poor choices). The crazy thing is the name that has brought on the most controversy is Union. Some people(adults) are upset that it isint a directional name like the other two.

My understanding is that Coeburn/St. Paul students picked Eastside as a reference to Jersey Shore? Never watched it myself, so no clue if thats accurate or not.

God I hope not. Im pretty sure the students from St Paul and Coeburn were given a choice of 3 names; Eastside, Twin Rivers(Clinch and Guest which are prominent landmarks in bith towns) and something else, I cant remember. The name wasnt introduced to represent the Jersey Shore but may well have been chosen for that reason

I would have liked to see Va High and Grundy play again...been 7 years now and Smith is gone...no reason they can't play each other.

I'd say you ended up with Tazzy because Smith probably was still there when the schedule was done and it was an easy pick up with Grundy off their schedule.

VA High got screwed with this. Dropped Sullivan Central, Honaker, and Graham for Union, Radford and Tazewell (the exception)

radford wont be a pushover for sure will be a tough game for va high.

Va High had a good team last year, saw them play a couple of games...but i think injuries did them in...if they can keep everyone healthy, they should have a good year even with all the changes going on there.

VA High got screwed with this. Dropped Sullivan Central, Honaker, and Graham for Union, Radford and Tazewell (the exception)

Why screwed? Radford is tough and Union could be very solid and will be all that VAHigh can handle.

Beamerball, how good is Harlan Co?

I would have liked to see Va High and Grundy play again...been 7 years now and Smith is gone...no reason they can't play each other.

I'd say you ended up with Tazzy because Smith probably was still there when the schedule was done and it was an easy pick up with Grundy off their schedule.

Radford is definitely a strong team to play...I would be excited about that. In fact, I'm wondering who Radford dropped...could be they're taking a hit on their schedule by picking up Va High....

Radford is definitely a strong team to play...I would be excited about that. In fact, I'm wondering who Radford dropped...could be they're taking a hit on their schedule by picking up Va High....

I do not remember Radford exact schedule, but I do not see Gretna on there this season, so that is one possibility. Radford lost a tough player to replace in Carter, but they have a history of tough teams.

Beamerball, how good is Harlan Co?

They made it to the semifinals in 5A in KY last year, losing to the yet again eventual state champs, Highlands (20 overall state titles). HC returns possibly around 8 starters on offense and defense, not including a couple who were missed due to injuries, one of those a very solid linebacker who missed the entire season. They've got an old school mentality, good, very hard hitting defense, well coached/disciplined bunch.

They made it to the semifinals in 5A in KY last year, losing to the yet again eventual state champs, Highlands (20 overall state titles). HC returns possibly around 8 starters on offense and defense, not including a couple who were missed due to injuries, one of those a very solid linebacker who missed the entire season. They've got an old school mentality, good, very hard hitting defense, well coached/disciplined bunch.

Isn't Highlands the school that Chris Collinsworth is going to be receivers coach this fall. I know his son played there.