BDT piece on Devon

Bigrhsfan

Guest The Variable
http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x541064935/Johnson-hopes-to-finish-in-style

Here's a little reading from Brian Woodson at the BDT I thought I would post in case any one would like to read it.

He's gotten much bigger and really worked hard in the off season.

Bigger? He was the biggest kid on the field in the state finals.

I look forward to seeing him play for Marshal.

Bigger? He was the biggest kid on the field in the state finals.

I look forward to seeing him play for Marshal.

He was the baddest (bad, in a good way) player on the field in the state finals as well....that kid was on a different level. I believe, if he hadn't gotten injured in that game that Richlands would've won the state title, you cold see the momentum shift when he came out of the game....

I thought Richlands was going to pull it out, but those back to back penalties killed them, when they had all of the momentum on their side....it's a shame that the officiating played such a big part in that game for both sides really, but I think the poor officiating hurt Richlands more than Poquoson, especially the refs controlling the tempo of the game by literally having that heavy-set referee stand over the ball until Poquoson's defense was ready prior to each snap.....

I know as a Graham fan, I'll be pulling for them to make it there again, and I'll be there cheering them on if they do, just like last year.

Mance started as an asst baseball coach in '88. So it is 23 years at Richlamds.

Mance has been a coach at Richlands for 23 years, including as an assistant under Vaught.

But, my point is, the article clearly states "said Mance, entering his 23rd season as head coach at Richlands."

BDT strikes again....

Guest The Variable
He was the baddest (bad, in a good way) player on the field in the state finals as well....that kid was on a different level. I believe, if he hadn't gotten injured in that game that Richlands would've won the state title, you cold see the momentum shift when he came out of the game....

I thought Richlands was going to pull it out, but those back to back penalties killed them, when they had all of the momentum on their side....it's a shame that the officiating played such a big part in that game for both sides really, but I think the poor officiating hurt Richlands more than Poquoson, especially the refs controlling the tempo of the game by literally having that heavy-set referee stand over the ball until Poquoson's defense was ready prior to each snap.....

I know as a Graham fan, I'll be pulling for them to make it there again, and I'll be there cheering them on if they do, just like last year.

Devon was RHSs momentum. He didnt begin the game on offense. Poqoson takes RHS for a Safety. But his biggest contribution was on Defense. The Poquoson running game was insane last year. 3 backs with 1000+ yards. He blew up a number of rushing plays that would have made it to daylight. Without him, PHS would have sunk the tornados. He was playing like Palomalu out there, all hustle and involved in every play. Like the Steelers, the Defense rallys around him. With him in the backfield on offense, it was harder to rush RHSs QB.

And remember, Poquoson was the only team that had points taken away from questionable officiating.

Edited by The Variable