Richlands fans, how long is Devon out for? What's the injury status?

Guest lookoutmountain

Guest lookoutmountain

Anyone know exactly what the injury was and when or if he is expected back?

Anyone know exactly what the injury was and when or if he is expected back?

Devon Johnson you mean. With out Devon our team changes dramatically but we did play a great game last night, the blues will be ok. Only thing anyone knows is he took a helmet to the knee, could be bruised, fractured bone, MCL or ACL, at this point nobody knows. Hopefully nothing serious but it didn't look good.

Guest lookoutmountain

I keep thinking of him as the NBA playing Devon Brown for some reason. Anyway, Devon Johnson. Hopefully he's ok.

I hope Johnson is OK. Couldn't see real well from where I was sitting, but I could tell it was a tackle around the lower leg. Looked like he was putting some weight on it as he left the field, so hopefully that is a good sign.

I heard he had some swelling around the knee, which if true is not a good sign, but right now it's all speculation

Just hate to see him have that injury at all much less in the 1st qtr of the 1st game. Hopefully he will be fine and get to play the rest of his Sr season !

No MRI needed, bruised knee, little fluid on it

That's what coach Mance had said originally at the half on WRIC, but when someone said he was taken to the hospital I was very concerned. Hopefully his knee will feel 100% very soon.

Edited by blueinbama

I heard he was ok...negative on ligament damage, but going back to the docs tomorrow for another check up...has some swelling but it's getting better as time goes by...will be out this week, but ready for next week if needed unless things change. Good news for the Richlands folks.

Sooooo glad to hear that report ! I doubt they will play him this week or next and try to get him 100% for the Pulaski Co game.

This game with Union could be a tough one especially since it will be their first home game as Union high and beating Richlands would be one heck of a way for them to start their home stance out.

But I still have a lot of confidence in the blues to get it done.

I just heard they got the MRI results today and he has a torn ACL. Out for the season. Dont know the validity of the story. But I did hear that from a few people.

I just heard they got the MRI results today and he has a torn ACL. Out for the season. Dont know the validity of the story. But I did hear that from a few people.

I will check again, but I heard from a pretty close source he was ok just a few hours ago.

I just verified it, he is fine...no more rumors please...that's the word straight from Devon...he is fine.

going to lock this thread down now...and if there are any updates that are legit in the next couple of days, I will let you know. There is really no need for all this....lol.

Just an update...Devon got a good report from the docs today...he is cleared to play Friday, but my guess is that he will still sit it out for a week just to be safe, I doubt Richalnds will need him anyway.... he says its feeling better every day...look for him back in action next week...but, maybe this week.