Graham/Tazewell

Pru

Ok I will go ahead and get this started. Whats the predictions here... Who is going to be the better choice for a W and how much of a point gap will there be.

Not sure who will win this one, they both played good programs in week one so it's hard to get a feel for their talent level imho.Personally I would maybe go with the home team if I was to have to pick I suppose.

I haven't seen tazewell play yet, but I did see Graham play against Bluefield. Even though Graham got beat in ever aspect of the game, they had improved from last year. I see the Graham/tazewell game going to the G-men. If Graham can tackle better I see them beating the dawgs by atleast 3 tds. Graham has some problems that can be improved on by next friday. From what I heard about the gw/taze game, the bulldogs have way more to work on.

I haven't seen tazewell play yet, but I did see Graham play against Bluefield. Even though Graham got beat in ever aspect of the game, they had improved from last year. I see the Graham/tazewell game going to the G-men. If Graham can tackle better I see them beating the dawgs by atleast 3 tds. Graham has some problems that can be improved on by next friday. From what I heard about the gw/taze game, the bulldogs have way more to work on.

I actually have to semi disagree with one thing here. Yes they weren't tackling very good on Legget (#4) but compared to previous years they had massively improved. Previous years all the players thought they could do was come up and hit someone to tackle them. They were wrapping up and swarming to the ball carriers. But that Legget kid was just a beast. He would drag players a couple yards and chop through the tackle to break it. Overall I was pretty impressed when they were tackling the other players. So as long as Tazewell doesn't have any players like #4 from Bluefield, we should be pretty good as far as tackling goes.

I actually have to semi disagree with one thing here. Yes they weren't tackling very good on Legget (#4) but compared to previous years they had massively improved. Previous years all the players thought they could do was come up and hit someone to tackle them. They were wrapping up and swarming to the ball carriers. But that Legget kid was just a beast. He would drag players a couple yards and chop through the tackle to break it. Overall I was pretty impressed when they were tackling the other players. So as long as Tazewell doesn't have any players like #4 from Bluefield, we should be pretty good as far as tackling goes.

No prediction on the game, but I have to echo the improvements in tackling. Graham is much improved in that area. The other area where I saw major improvement was defensive players maintaining their assignments. I saw fewer times when guys either over pursued or freelanced than I have in the last few years.

In Leggett and Fox, Beaver has two very good backs. After watching Leggett on one run, a guy sitting near me commented that he ran like Ahmad Bradshaw.

Tazewell does have one clear advantage....the kicking game! Apparently their kicker made a 50+ yard field goal last night. That is a incredible advantage knowing that all you have to do is getting the ball to the 30 or 35 and have a great chance of walking away with 3 points!

I saw Graham play twice in the Va High Jamboree, and have not seen Tazewell play except for some footage posted on here when they played Chilhowie.

I am going to give the edge to the Dawgs in this game, believing they are a little more "polished" than the G-Men at this juncture of the season.

I don't think you can fairly assess Tazewell's play against SWD/ MED opponents using GW as the gauge.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan

Leggett has a chance to be one of the best ever for Bluefield...just my opinion from having watched him play last year/last night...

Agreed. If the kid keeps his head on straight and continues working to get better. He has instincts that you cannot teach to go along with toughness and athletic ability. And he's built like a mack truck. I also like the fact he's no longer playing defense because Leggett will be the workhorse this season and with CJ Manns out for the next several weeks even more so.

I hope you're right....there were several times when they had #4 stopped in the backfield only for him to break 2 or 3 tackles (basically ran through them). and go for big gains. He played much bigger than he is...probably pay off from all of the time he spends running up and down the steps at Bluefield State College. It was frustrating to see Graham unable to bring him down, because they were in position to make the plays (another improvement from last season).

The middle of Graham's defensive line was getting completely moved off the ball by Bluefield, however and Bluefield's line is not that stout, they were getting blown up big time in previous scrimmages......so the linebackers for Graham are going to have to come up and make more plays....

But, I did see improvement from last year in terms of being where they were supposed to be and swarming to the ball.

Edited by futbolking

Regarding Leggett breaking tackles...

Agreed, he is very strong and as I stated, has a very good chance to be one of the best ever at Bluefield. However, being that he is solid as a rock in his upper body and has some very big thighs, he has an extremely low center of gravity. On most of the tackles he broke, Graham attempted to tackle him high. No chance of taking him down by tackling him high...

Regarding Leggett breaking tackles...

Agreed, he is very strong and as I stated, has a very good chance to be one of the best ever at Bluefield. However, being that he is solid as a rock in his upper body and has some very big thighs, he has an extremely low center of gravity. On most of the tackles he broke, Graham attempted to tackle him high. No chance of taking him down by tackling him high...

To have a chance against Beaver next year, they need to find someone that can handle him or teach everyone how to make sure they are going low on him and swarm low on him. Other wise it will be Beaver again for the next two years at Graham Beaver games.

Regarding the post about no one seeing the potential of Tazewell, really neither has Graham. Every team we've played have had dominating teams. One good thing about how we always try and schedule tough teams. Got to do it to improve and be ready for our district. I'm definitely not counting Tazewell out. You should never do that cause honestly any given night any team can win. Other wise why play the game?

Here's how I see it.

Graham beat Tazewell last year. Badly. 1-9 Graham.

Graham is improved. Tazewell's going to have to be FAR improved.

Given how badly GW waxed Tazewell, I'm not so sure.

Best equation ever.

Too close to call! The team with the fewest mistakes,no more than seven pts either way.

graham needs to eliminate the personal fouls on several occasions they had beaver backed up only to give up the personal foul though i to this day still do not see where some of them were the one i saw that was would have been on the qb when they grabbed him from behind horse collar and brought him down. graham did look good on the kick return teams and on kick offs. they covered pretty good on the long pass. beaver got 2 long passes i think and on one ghs was called for pass interference but from what i could see the kid was looking back for the ball but beaver kid made a great catch over the defender.

Graham's first PF was legit. The Beaver lineman drove the Graham player to the ground right at the whistle and the Graham kid responded by flipping to the ground after the whistle. Two of the PF looked like good hard gang tackling. The Horse Collar was legit. The Pass Interference was moot because as you said the receiver made a great catch; though it looked like good coverage to me, I was on the opposite side of the field.

Graham's first PF was legit. The Beaver lineman drove the Graham player to the ground right at the whistle and the Graham kid responded by flipping to the ground after the whistle. Two of the PF looked like good hard gang tackling. The Horse Collar was legit. The Pass Interference was moot because as you said the receiver made a great catch; though it looked like good coverage to me, I was on the opposite side of the field.

that is what i was saying some were legit others could have gone either way though they would not have changed the outcome of the game. there was good hard hitting on both sides and the horsecollar i agreed with the call on it.

from what i could tell on the p i the graham kid was looking back for the ball the kid from beaver when up over top to take the ball away. i felt if anything it could have gone the other way, but others will have seen it differently. no matter the catch was a great catch.will not take that away from the kid.

Ok I will go ahead and get this started. Whats the predictions here... Who is going to be the better choice for a W and how much of a point gap will there be.

It dosen't matter who wins this game.

Graham's first PF and the horsecollar were legit calls. The pathetic PF call was the one when Graham was gang tackling and the referee was late with the whistle, then called the late hit. I'm glad Bluefield was decisively better, otherwise I can see that officiating crew screwing up a close game.

just to reply to something hacker said... that someone commented that he ran like AB... I'd say that was the comparisons he got on that side of the stadium. on the Blu side, when he made that one TD run going towards the parking lot, we said he ran like Yubrenal Isabelle. he is the only other Soph that I saw take over the Beaver / Graham game like that. I couldn't believe Montel is just a 10th grader