local teams who never play each other?

Lance

Two I would like to see Gate City play are Rye Cove and Twin Springs only because all are Scott County schools and have NEVER played before. Other than that I would love to see GC play Wythe also. Others I would like to see GC play are....

Sullivan North (TN)

TN High (TN)

DB (TN)

Greenville (TN)

Hazzard (KY)

Letcher Central (KY)

Graham

Middlesboro (KY)

Bell County (KY)

Alcoa (TN)

Science Hill (TN)

Giles

Radford

Gretna

Floyd County

Morristown East and West (TN)

Heck even throw Maryville (TN) in there.

As for Richlands I want to see them back on Bluefield's schedule. I know Richlands is chicken to but it makes too much sense.

I'm glad this post is out of fun only. Some of the matchups I've been seeing are simply dangerous. Richlands - DB ??? Gate City - Science Hill ?? haha I would add the Green Bay Packers to their schedule as well. Those schools are better off left away from our schedules. Although it isn't swva, I would like to see that powerhouse Harlan County team play DB. They could even possibly be on schedule to play, Im not sure. I remember watching Harlan County walking on the field when they played Powell Valley a couple of years back and I'm pretty sure Earl Campbell unloaded from the bus. Its just hard to compete against schools that are much bigger. Imagine Ervington-Richlands or Ervington-Union. The same principal applies.

3 Dream matches i would like to see

1. Richlands Vs Dobyns-Bennett (TN)

2. Gate City vs Science Hill (TN)

3. Honaker vs Graham

GC scrimmaged Science Hill for years. I think every year in the 80s and some in the 90s.

Abingdon @ St. Dominics school of blind and deaf.

Dont tell FALCONMAN, but daddy picked St. Dom on the pickem board

All Jokes aside, I would love to see a Richlands and DB game. DB talks alot of smack but i know for a fact that three years ago a young man from Big Stone Gap got kicked off Powell VAlley at Runing back and went over to DB to tryout. A friend of mine had a son playing D end at DB said that the Pinkston kid put up like 400+ rushing on the First string in practice but failed his drug test to DB told him bye.

DB always gets it handed to em when they tie into a school there size. Hints the reason no state titles. All they do is beat up on teams that VA teams beat up on. Poor ole Daniel Boone has had there ass whippped by appy more than i can count.

Edited by UNIONFAN

Bluefield vs Montcalm..........(JOKING)

I would like to see Pikeview step up and play the beavers.

Yep. I would say Bluefield vs. any of the AA teams in the southern half of the state that duck 'em every year. So far this year, through 4 games, Bluefield has played 2 out of state teams, and 2 in-state AAA teams. On my home computer, I had a list of all the AA teams in southern WV, Bluefield could just about fill a 10-game schedule with the teams that won't play them.

Anybody have an updated list of the AA teams south of Charleston? Wish we could shame 'em into playing Bluefield.

Edit: Just saw the AA schedules, so I see these teams in the southern half that don't play Bluefield.

Greenbrier West

Independence

Liberty Raleigh

Mount View (they played Bluefield for a long time, of course)

Pikeview

River View

Shady Spring

Summers County

Westside

Wyoming East

Edited by BeaverHokie

Never understood why Richlands canceled the Richlands v. Bluefield match up. Always a great game! Bluefield can never fill their schedule and Richlands fills their's with single A teams (with the exception of this year). With fewer teams in the SWD it seems like that would be a rivalry to get started back.

Never understood why Richlands canceled the Richlands v. Bluefield match up. Always a great game! Bluefield can never fill their schedule and Richlands fills their's with single A teams (with the exception of this year). With fewer teams in the SWD it seems like that would be a rivalry to get started back.

Richlands=Chicken LOL!

Richlands=Chicken LOL!

So a Gate City poster (according to your past posting history and also the second time, I've noticed you've posted that in this thread) really thinks that! Hmmmm....

Thankfully, most GC fans and Richlands fans have more respect for the others successful programs and don't get into the "business" of whom the other should be scheduling.

BTW, you just never know, that game could be coming to a stadium in the future. ;)