Tazewell High School Athletic Training Facility!

Bulldogs52

http://tazewelltimes.com/?p=344

Not really sure if this has been brought up on this site before, but I really hope every things works out and this gets done!!! I have always thought they need to do something with the Old Dawg House!

It's so awesome, judging by the picture, they're projecting people will stand outside of the facility and cheer at it.

Looks cool though.

Why don't they get a "turf" football field like they have at Richlands or at Mitchell Stadium?

Unless VHSL changes their rules on off season practice and conditioning, that facility is not

going to help that much. Maybe it will be a memorial to the "Foundation".

Why don't they get a "turf" football field like they have at Richlands or at Mitchell Stadium?

Unless VHSL changes their rules on off season practice and conditioning, that facility is not

going to help that much. Maybe it will be a memorial to the "Foundation".

I've heard people from Tazewell complain for several years now about "getting a turf field" here's a thought... win a few games and people would be much more inclined to donate money to make it happen, sorry it that sounds harsh, but the reality is that winning makes people much more generous with their money.

I do like watchin those mud bowls..i wont lie.. but Honaker and Richlands do have nice fields!!!

Just wonderin ... When did they start playin all the state championships on turf fields every year? I never understood all these teams used to play on grass and mud all season (most still do) and then ya go and stick em on a turf field for the championsip games ... seems that takes the teams from one element and sticks em on another when it counted the most!

I heard a while back when jack harry(r.i.p) was going to put up money for a turf field that the field at tazewell wasn't big enough to fit it? I don't know if that's true, or if iy even makes sense but that's what I was told. Then I heard a rumor about bermuda grass?

I do like watchin those mud bowls..i wont lie.. but Honaker and Richlands do have nice fields!!!

Just wonderin ... When did they start playin all the state championships on turf fields every year? I never understood all these teams used to play on grass and mud all season (most still do) and then ya go and stick em on a turf field for the championsip games ... seems that takes the teams from one element and sticks em on another when it counted the most!

I always wondered how it rain and soaked Honaker's field when it was never cloudy when we played there on Friday..... maybe it was the nice Honaker fire department that always showed their support on Thursday haha

I heard a while back when jack harry(r.i.p) was going to put up money for a turf field that the field at tazewell wasn't big enough to fit it? I don't know if that's true, or if iy even makes sense but that's what I was told. Then I heard a rumor about bermuda grass?

Not big enough for a turf??? What? The field is the same size either way! That makes no sense at all. If you got room for grass you got room for turf.

The stands are too close to the track on the outside, and the grass sidelines were too close to the track on the inside. For a long time they wanted to save the track, but this summer they tore out lanes 1 and 2 to make the sidelines more safe. I think that is what EH31 is referring to.

A lot of people seem to forget that Tazewell had the nice stuff first. Good field and a new field house under the gym. While Richlands was stuck with the same from 1953.

Edited by mrb

Not big enough for a turf??? What? The field is the same size either way! That makes no sense at all. If you got room for grass you got room for turf.

The area that is replaced when the turf is installed is bigger than just a grass field; theres a drainage system, support system, etc that goes into those fields. Its much more than just between the lines

I always wondered how it rain and soaked Honaker's field when it was never cloudy when we played there on Friday..... maybe it was the nice Honaker fire department that always showed their support on Thursday haha

If that's what they were doin, why not drop by and show their support Friday morning and not give it a day to soak in, plus both teams had to play on the same field, right? Guess ya don't have to worry bout it anymore... lol ... Good luck with Tug Valley... Hope y'all have a great game!!!!

A lot of people seem to forget that Tazewell had the nice stuff first. Good field and a new field house under the gym. While Richlands was stuck with the same from 1953.

That field house was done in a storage room that wasn't being used and it was all done by the boosters!