Weight Limit

southbound

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to run the ball in high school? Happy Valley had 2 big backs that looked to be lineman. It's hard to tackle these guys and a little unfair. Dad said that there is a weight limit in midget league and middle school but he was unsure of high school. We played our tails off again and have nothing to show for it. Our record could be 5-0 but we sit here at 2-3 with a bunch of what ifs. I can tell you this the best years are ahead for my Falcons, the only sad part is I will be watching it from the stands. We have homecoming this week and a team we usually dominate John Battle, get ready Trojans because we will be ready! Remember last year when I forced battlefootball to change his avatar to "We got dominated by the Falcons". The only good team we have left is Tranferville (Richlands), dad said that I laughed! We can win the rest of them. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA!!

There is a weight limit in little league but by high school there is no weight limit. At that point all the players are big boys and are expected to play like it.

haha, I just noticed he misspelled tranSfer, I was trying to figure out what a tranfer is?

Battle over Abingdon by 2 TDs

Edited by redtiger

Actually, I think there's some rec leagues around here that don't even have weight limits (or less strict weight limits), which is why the WCAA teams (Battle's kids) only play Bristol's kids and not the rest of Washington County or anyone else. Our weight limits are too strict compared to some others. But weight limits in high school? lol. Didn't Gate City move one of their linemen to running back a year or two ago?

Haysi has been known to move a big, athletic linemen into the backfield. Not as a gimmic but to give the offense more power/better blocking.

In '03 Aaron Gilbert moved from Tackle to Fullback to lead block for Ryan Jones, that has Haysis most power oriented running game in, well maybe ever. Gilbert was around 240lbs and Jones was about 210lbs.

That same year Haysi played Rye Cove in the playoffs and when the game had been decided they put a linemen in the backfield at Fullback, kid must have been 6'4" and 280lbs. He absolutely crushed Haysis second team Defense!

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit to run the ball in high school? Happy Valley had 2 big backs that looked to be lineman. It's hard to tackle these guys and a little unfair. Dad said that there is a weight limit in midget league and middle school but he was unsure of high school. We played our tails off again and have nothing to show for it. Our record could be 5-0 but we sit here at 2-3 with a bunch of what ifs. I can tell you this the best years are ahead for my Falcons, the only sad part is I will be watching it from the stands. We have homecoming this week and a team we usually dominate John Battle, get ready Trojans because we will be ready! Remember last year when I forced battlefootball to change his avatar to "We got dominated by the Falcons". The only good team we have left is Tranferville (Richlands), dad said that I laughed! We can win the rest of them. :D

Maybe Abingdon needs to play in midget league then. In my short time back here, I have never seen anyone make as many excuses as you do.

Happy Valleys running backs weren't any bigger than your average backs around here. Bigger than some, but smaller than quite a few. According to their website:

5 Jaylen Simmons RB/LB JR 5'11" 221

30 Zack Ball RB/LB SR 6'3" 183

and look at the size of this monster FB:

32 Landon Baker RB/LB SR 5'8" 160

Maybe Abingdon needs to play in midget league then. In my short time back here, I have never seen anyone make as many excuses as you do.

He is not from Abingdon, nor is Falconman, just a couple posting as if they are, but they do come up with some funny stuff.

Happy Valleys running backs weren't any bigger than your average backs around here. Bigger than some, but smaller than quite a few. According to their website:

5 Jaylen Simmons RB/LB JR 5'11" 221

30 Zack Ball RB/LB SR 6'3" 183

and look at the size of this monster FB:

32 Landon Baker RB/LB SR 5'8" 160

wow if abingdon had trouble with those guys what are they going to do with a 6'2 235lb hb.

He is not from Abingdon, nor is Falconman, just a couple posting as if they are, but they do come up with some funny stuff.

Well, you seem like you are so smart. I can tell you this me & falconman love abingdon and you guys can't handle that. I will not apologize for my passion for the falcons. btw battle will not beat us this week and our future is very bright. :D I would invite anyone to come out and watch the 8th grade team from EB Stanley and see what you think. :eek:

yeah what i thought exactly lol

These guys seemed a lot bigger than that. I hope you guys have fun making jokes and laughing at my expense. We will have a good team in a couple of years just wait and see. :cool:

These guys seemed a lot bigger than that. I hope you guys have fun making jokes and laughing at my expense. We will have a good team in a couple of years just wait and see. :cool:

Thats what you have been saying ever year for the last two years.

I've been a Falcon since I was old enough to watch football(the 70's), this dumba** embarasses the hell out of me.

You don't have to read it! :mad: As my dad says if you don't have anything good to say, well then just go to bed. :mad: My guess is you are one of those old guys who go to games and still think you are playing. We call it living in the past. :D Get it together I am sure you still have a lot to offer. :confused:

We had the Myers twins running in the backfeild my senior year over here at Appy!!!

And those fellas were HUGE. 300lbs each easily. Not to mention that Patrick Henry had a fella named Mongo that weighed over 300. Lebanon had a McGlothlin Kid that was 220 or more in the 90s. Im pretty sure their is not a weight limit on running backs in High School or college

You don't have to read it! :mad: As my dad says if you don't have anything good to say, well then just go to bed. :mad: My guess is you are one of those old guys who go to games and still think you are playing. We call it living in the past. :D Get it together I am sure you still have a lot to offer. :confused:

Your dad has a lot to say. I am guessing that if asked, he'd also tell you to stop making a fool of yourself on a message board. :-)

Poor ole dad, yall know he means well. All he is doing is trying to keep his son's spirits up because Abingdon isnt what lil jr thought they would be.

Little feller thought that Abingdon was goin to be as good as LSU this season not as bad as St. Dominic's school for the handicaped. Dad is just tryen to help his sone from comitting proverbial suicide no different then we would all do for our children if they were this special

And those fellas were HUGE. 300lbs each easily. Not to mention that Patrick Henry had a fella named Mongo that weighed over 300. Lebanon had a McGlothlin Kid that was 220 or more in the 90s. Im pretty sure their is not a weight limit on running backs in High School or college

300+ pounds for a running back?! Dang! My brother, Jeremiah, was 6'3" and around 245 lbs. running the ball last year for Battle (of course he only played in 2 games since he broke his leg in week 2).

300+ pounds for a running back?! Dang! My brother, Jeremiah, was 6'3" and around 245 lbs. running the ball last year for Battle (of course he only played in 2 games since he broke his leg in week 2).

The myers twins were stinking huge. I cant find any video of them on youtube to link up but ask Dawg95 he'll tell ya. they were big ass fellers

Don't know why you guys respond to these two "kids".

It is obvious they are just making posts to generate responses.

Best to not feed the animals............

I like to beard the lion once in a while. Take them seriously do I not.