Vhsl points?

Blues Man

Hurley is at 13.00 with a 3-2 schedule. That's what happens when you play Ervinton and Montcalm. Need Grundy, Thomas Walker, to win out for bonus points and need to beat both Haysi and Honaker; which more than likely wont happen. Hope I'm wrong though.

If the playoffs started today Hurley would play the 1st round AT Honaker

I would not worry about missing the playoffs realicticly 1 more win PROBABLY locks you in

If the playoffs started today Hurley would play the 1st round AT Honaker

I would not worry about missing the playoffs realicticly 1 more win PROBABLY locks you in

Yeah I see 3 more wins for Hurley against Tri-cities Christian, Rye Cove(maybe), and Twin Valley.

Yeah I see 3 more wins for Hurley against Tri-cities Christian, Rye Cove(maybe), and Twin Valley.
I wouldnt speak too fast and say these games are automatic wins. Twin valley will play hurley as their life depends on it and Rye cove is actually 5-1 right now.....No push overs ......why would you want to make the playoffs and travel to GW, Radford, or Galax and get hurt......time to jerk out the Basketballs

I wouldnt speak too fast and say these games are automatic wins. Twin valley will play hurley as their life depends on it and Rye cove is actually 5-1 right now.....No push overs ......why would you want to make the playoffs and travel to GW, Radford, or Galax and get hurt......time to jerk out the Basketballs

Twin Valley always plays hard but they are not quite there yet. In case you didn't read my post I said "Rye Cove(maybe)" I never said any of those were automatic wins, but I would rather make the playoffs and travel to GW, Radford, or Galax as to be setting at home. If your worried about getting hurt then you are in the wrong sport. What are you a girl or something?

TCC is a guaranteed win, they couldnt handle Ervinton so I know they arent gonna be able to handle Hurley.

RC and TV will be tough for Hurley. Honaker will probably be too much for them. And dont forget my Tigers!

I would rather make that playoffs and get killed in the 1st round myself, than not make it.

TCC is a guaranteed win, they couldnt handle Ervinton so I know they arent gonna be able to handle Hurley.

RC and TV will be tough for Hurley. Honaker will probably be too much for them. And dont forget my Tigers!

I would rather make that playoffs and get killed in the 1st round myself, than not make it.

Looks like I need to go change my pick'em selection for this week.

I emailed the VHSL asking for they mathematical system used to find the ratings, here's what they sent me:

Win: 24 for AAA, 20 for AA, 16 for A

Loss: 12 for AAA, 8 for AA, 4 for A

Opponent who you beat wins: 2 for all classes

Opponent who you lossed to wins: 1 for all classes

I emailed the VHSL asking for they mathematical system used to find the ratings, here's what they sent me:

Please tell me they said "Lossed"?

So does a single A team get 24 or 16 points if they beat a AAA team?

So does a single A team get 24 or 16 points if they beat a AAA team?

Any victory over a AAA team nets 24 points. It doesn't matter what classification the winning team is.

I doubt there are very many if any AAA teams that would sign up to play a single A team as it would be a very high risk/low reward situation.

Any victory over a AAA team nets 24 points. It doesn't matter what classification the winning team is.

I doubt there are very many if any AAA teams that would sign up to play a single A team as it would be a very high risk/low reward situation.

George Mason has played a AAA the last few years (I think it's JEB Stuart).

William Campbell had a AAA a year or 2 ago.

George Mason has played a AAA the last few years (I think it's JEB Stuart).

William Campbell had a AAA a year or 2 ago.

Like I said "very few"

I stand corrected on "if any" LOL

Helper you know how this works. No A team is going to be able to fill it's non-district schedule with AAA teams just to get the points. Especially in an area like SWVA where there aren't any AAA teams.

An A team wouldn't want to play all AAA for the points... losing to a 6-win AAA only gets you 18... same as a beating a 1-win A. Only if you have a chance at beating the AAA should you play them if points is what you're concerned about. I'm surprised Lunenburg doesn't play a couple of 'em every year... Richmond schools seem to be lacking money and could use a big gate/payday, and a coule of 'em are barely AA sized.

-----

Harlan doesn't count - they don't use a point system, so playing an A doesn't bother them 1 bit... same for Tenn. High playing the 'Cats.

Edited by VHSLhelper