True Grit

southbound

Wow. What a game at Falcon Hill last night. Me and the boys put one kind of goal line stand up. First of all, I have to congratulate Battle on a hard fought game. I think in the art of war most games are won/lost before the event takes place. Dad is big on these things and pounds them into me dailey. The mental side of the game is hard to overcome for the tRojans when they play us. Back to the game, our backs were against the wall guys were hurting and we stepped up! :cool: Dad said after the game that reminded him of "True Grit" down there on the goal line. :D He winked at me and said you can wear your eye patch tonight and be Rooster Cockburn and Falconman can be that dumb ole Texas Ranger Laboot. ;) I felt so proud of our guys for fighting hard last night. I can only think of What if on the games we lost. We are better than 2-3 at this point but daddy was proud last night and let us stay at the lake house. He said not to worry about Stripes and run along with Falconman and find some girls. I can't get into the rest of the night but I ate 6 victory tacos and falconman ate 9. Get it! ;)

Wow. What a game at Falcon Hill last night. Me and the boys put one kind of goal line stand up. First of all, I have to congratulate Battle on a hard fought game. I think in the art of war most games are won/lost before the event takes place. Dad is big on these things and pounds them into me dailey. The mental side of the game is hard to overcome for the tRojans when they play us. Back to the game, our backs were against the wall guys were hurting and we stepped up! :cool: Dad said after the game that reminded him of "True Grit" down there on the goal line. :D He winked at me and said you can wear your eye patch tonight and be Rooster Cockburn and Falconman can be that dumb ole Texas Ranger Laboot. ;) I felt so proud of our guys for fighting hard last night. I can only think of What if on the games we lost. We are better than 2-3 at this point but daddy was proud last night and let us stay at the lake house. He said not to worry about Stripes and run along with Falconman and find some girls. I can't get into the rest of the night but I ate 6 victory tacos and falconman ate 9. Get it! ;)

Always figured thats what you and Falconman do when you two were alone!!!!

Wow, I'm actually surprised. Figured this post would be all about how bad Battle is and how awesome Abingdon is and how this outcome was obvious, etc. But this was a good post (a little weird with the eyepatch thing though). Abingdon did play hard and so did Battle. Close game like I figured it would be. I knew it would be tough, especially being Abingdon's homecoming. Congrats to the Falcons on the win last night.

I just wish Hurley would play someone other than all these cupcakes for homecoming. I find it to be no fun when your up 50+ and setting on the bench. I liked to at least be on the field the entire game.

We play Caroll Co this week at home. Stripes thinks we can get one this week 27-17. Our defense has been for real this year and will need to be good again this week. Dad says Caroll runs the single wing.

We play Caroll Co this week at home. Stripes thinks we can get one this week 27-17. Our defense has been for real this year and will need to be good again this week. Dad says Caroll runs the single wing.

You do love to obfuscate don't you. I hope you enjoyed your grits. I like mine with cheese, and also that Low Country classic Shrimp and Grits.

You do love to obfuscate don't you. I hope you enjoyed your grits. I like mine with cheese, and also that Low Country classic Shrimp and Grits.

I hate country music! All it is is a bunch of crying drunks, who lost their dog or something.

Edited by Falconman

I hate country music! All it is is a bunch of crying drunks, who lost their dog or something.

To be as "educated" as you claim to be, Low Country has nothing to do with country music. It refers to a region in South Carolina along the coast. Can also be referred to in some cajun areas as well. Dont care what A-town has to offer, there is to better eats than some good low country cooking.

To be as "educated" as you claim to be, Low Country has nothing to do with country music. It refers to a region in South Carolina along the coast. Can also be referred to in some cajun areas as well. Dont care what A-town has to offer, there is to better eats than some good low country cooking.

I believe that Falconman was obfuscating again. I would assume that he has been to Charleston, Hilton Head or Savannah and seen his parent dine on fine Low Country cuisine while he ate his chicken fingers.

Wow. Dad is big on these things and pounds them into me dailey. our backs were against the wall guys were hurting and we stepped up! :cool: Dad said after the game that reminded him of "True Grit" down there He winked at me and said you can wear your eye patch tonight and be Rooster Cockburn this point but daddy was proud last night and let us stay at the lake house. He said not to worry about Stripes and run along with Falconman and find some I can't get into the rest of the night but I ate victory and falconman ate Get it! ;)

Poor choice of words I feel like........

I just wish Hurley would play someone other than all these cupcakes for homecoming. I find it to be no fun when your up 50+ and setting on the bench. I liked to at least be on the field the entire game.

Hurley deserves a cupcake after making the worst road trip in the Region D. Hurley to Thomas Walker.....

My take on Friday night? Well, from what I remember my falcons put the smack down on the trojans. Yes, THE FALCONS GOT EM ONE BOYZ!!!!:D We showed tremendous resolve in overtime, but the game shouldn't went there in the first place. The refs made questionable calls all night and the Falcons suffered from it. In spite of injuries, questionable calls, a fluke pass (lucky) by battle, my falcons proved once again they are a good team by beating a team ranked in the top 7 of the state according to the paper. We have been in every game this year and it was nice to enjoy some VICTORY TACOS and the extracurriculiar activities (trust me they would want to do a hangover 3 movie about us) that followed. Activities that, well lets just say the key word was SATISFACTION! Yeah, think we may have turned the corner and ready for District play now! Caution: DON'T SLEEP ON THE FALCONS

Ps: Wish the guy from battle would have bet us again, I will go ahead and say it "You got DOMINATED BY THE FALCONS!!!!!!"

I think teams should get use to the long rides, because you don't just have a 30 minute trip to play someone in the playoffs.

I feel comfortable saying that few playoff teams will have a longer journey over snakier roads than Hurley. My guess it that it was 4 1/2+ hours on a bus.

Hurley deserves a cupcake after making the worst road trip in the Region D. Hurley to Thomas Walker.....

Wouldnt the trip to Hurley be the worse trip?

Hurley - Ewing Bad roads then good ones

Ewing - Hurley Good roads then bad ones

Wouldnt the trip to Hurley be the worse trip?

Hurley - Ewing Bad roads then good ones

Ewing - Hurley Good roads then bad ones

Anyway you look at it, the trip sucks lol. If Hurley doesn't get something done with the offensive and defensive line though, the rest of their schedule could get pretty rough.

My take on Friday night? Well, from what I remember my falcons put the smack down on the trojans. Yes, THE FALCONS GOT EM ONE BOYZ!!!!:D We showed tremendous resolve in overtime, but the game shouldn't went there in the first place. The refs made questionable calls all night and the Falcons suffered from it. In spite of injuries, questionable calls, a fluke pass (lucky) by battle, my falcons proved once again they are a good team by beating a team ranked in the top 7 of the state according to the paper. We have been in every game this year and it was nice to enjoy some VICTORY TACOS and the extracurriculiar activities (trust me they would want to do a hangover 3 movie about us) that followed. Activities that, well lets just say the key word was SATISFACTION! Yeah, think we may have turned the corner and ready for District play now! Caution: DON'T SLEEP ON THE FALCONS

Ps: Wish the guy from battle would have bet us again, I will go ahead and say it "You got DOMINATED BY THE FALCONS!!!!!!"

Well, there's the response I was expecting in the first place...

In spite of injuries, questionable calls, a fluke pass (lucky) by battle, my falcons proved once again they are a good team by beating a team ranked in the top 7 of the state according to the paper.

Your Falcons beat a team that was ranked number 7 in the BHC Super Seven, not in the state....