Today is October 16th....

Congrats!!! But....

Dude!!!! What are you thinking?????

Been thinking about it for a good while now. Finally decided to pull the trigger after I took a trip to Raleigh over the weekend to talk privately to her Father.

Congrats man....

but, seriously...make it a LONG engagement....enjoy being single while you still can...hang on to it like its the last bubble of air on a sinking ship.

I hate being single though. I get depressed and become a hermet when I'm single.

Her Dad told me we could move down there and I could have a job in the family buisness. So we talked it over, and I may move to the Raleigh area. Garner to be exact.

I hate being single though. I get depressed and become a hermet when I'm single.

Her Dad told me we could move down there and I could have a job in the family buisness. So we talked it over, and I may move to the Raleigh area. Garner to be exact.

that's awesome man...but, I would still take my time and get things established before you tie the knot...nothing wrong with getting your stuff in order before you get married...I mean if you take a year and get things straightened out and you are moved and are really happy with the way things are...then that is probably the time to consider getting married....but, if you move down there and hate it and after a year or so you are miserable and wish you were single again...then, it's a lot easier to just wrap things up and move back home or whatever....you just never know.

Also, from my experience and observations in life...other people can't make you happy dude...you have to be happy with yourself before you can expect others to be happy with you. If a big part of you wanting to get married is because you just dont want to be single then you should really consider that before moving forward.

that's awesome man...but, I would still take my time and get things established before you tie the knot...nothing wrong with getting your stuff in order before you get married...I mean if you take a year and get things straightened out and you are moved and are really happy with the way things are...then that is probably the time to consider getting married....but, if you move down there and hate it and after a year or so you are miserable and wish you were single again...then, it's a lot easier to just wrap things up and move back home or whatever....you just never know.

Also, from my experience and observations in life...other people can't make you happy dude...you have to be happy with yourself before you can expect others to be happy with you. If a big part of you wanting to get married is because you just dont want to be single then you should really consider that before moving forward.

I don't plan on getting married w/in the next year at all. I would like to wait until mid-late 2013 before I do. I want to move and get settled and make sure everything is good to go before I do anything.

Also, I'm not getting married just to not be single. I love this girl with everything in me. And at this point, I wanted to let her know what my intentions are. So now all the fun starts, lmao.

Been thinking about it for a good while now. Finally decided to pull the trigger after I took a trip to Raleigh over the weekend to talk privately to her Father.

Kudos for showing the father respect.

Kudos for showing the father respect.

I don't know where I learned it from, but I just think that a man should ask the father. Dads are extremely protective of their daughters, and by her getting married, he loses a good bit of control. So I thought it was the least I could do to go talk to him. And calling him seemed like a slap in the face. So I drove us 350 miles and found a 20 min window where we could talk. It was quite enjoyable after I shook off the nerves. I was shaking like a leaf when I walked up to him.

....about a year into the marriage you'll be ready to pull a trigger again...

Haha, at work now. Worked full days Saturday and today, and hard to type a whole PM on a Blackberry.

I feel your pain. I typed an entire resume on my iPhone one time....took me nearly 3 hours to do it too.

I may move to the Raleigh area. Garner to be exact.

Ryan is this Scotty's sister??? :)

Congrats... you sound very happy. I'm not gonna say you're very young and it might be wise too extend the engagement a few years. Wait a minute, I just said that didn't I...:)

Much happiness to you and the future Mrs. Ryan.