Region III, Division 3

RichlandsAlum

Richlands has 2. I really don't know how many others from IV have won it. Salem has about 6? All of them with region III I think.

True, but I thought it was clear that I wasn't referring back to the early 1990s...

The west has won 5 and the east has won 5 over the last 10 years. That includes Turner Ashby's win over Richlands in 2005. If Richlands had pulled out a win last year (in a very winnable game) this end of the state would have a 2 game win streak. While I don't doubt that defeating whatever team represents the east will be very tough, it's not out of the question.

But Richlands didn't pull out a winnable game, did they? Graham left a winnable game on the table 10 years ago, but didn't pull it out. That 5-5 number is deceptive, thanks to Gretna blowing up everything in its path for right on half a decade. Since Gretna, the East has been superior. It's very pronounced this year, and I'm just giving you fair warning. All I'm saying is that this year, it would take a massive upset for the R4/R3 winner to win it all. We'll revisit this in December. Not trying to incite a flame war, but stating this as perspective of someone who has done a little homework.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but I thought it was clear that I wasn't referring back to the early 1990s...

But Richlands didn't pull out a winnable game, did they? Graham left a winnable game on the table 10 years ago, but didn't pull it out. That 5-5 number is deceptive, thanks to Gretna blowing up everything in its path for right on half a decade. Since Gretna, the East has been superior. It's very pronounced this year, and I'm just giving you fair warning. All I'm saying is that this year, it would take a massive upset for the R4/R3 winner to win it all. We'll revisit this in December. Not trying to incite a flame war, but stating this as perspective of someone who has done a little homework.

Glad to have your insight. After all, you've seen all the teams mentioned... oh wait...

I fail to see how the inclusion of Gretna, loser to Gate City in the DIVISION 2 finals last year, makes that 5-5 number deceptive. Gretna won division 3 titles in 2003 and 2004. Turner Ashby, now in region III, won the title while in region II in 2005. If you include TA with winners Northside (09) and Richlands (06), then teams from regions III and IV have won three of the last six.

What exactly is your "homework"? Trading talk with the coaching staff from JM? I'm not asking to be a smart ass, just wondering what your perceived edge is in handicapping the field.....

Edited by parsons

I love it, back to the usual thing where people start doubting Richlands as playoff time gets near. I think the boys play better from the underdog role anyways so I'm glad to see people are picking against them this year again!

sounds to me like UVAOBSERVER is just another Tazewell native that is tired of the BLUES domination of SWVA and is expressing his hatred!

Then you would be mistaken.

Don't you just hate when newbies come on here and think they know everything. I'd break out the hammer on him now just for his stupidity but I'll chalk this one up to a "rookie mistake" and give him another chance to prove just how ignorant he truly is...then he very well may meet "the hammer"...:D

Don't you just hate when newbies come on here and think they know everything. I'd break out the hammer on him now just for his stupidity but I'll chalk this one up to a "rookie mistake" and give him another chance to prove just how ignorant he truly is...then he very well may meet "the hammer"...:D

You're much more patient than I would have been this morning.

You're much more patient than I would have been this morning.

I'm kinda "chill" today...end of the month, not much going on. However, if this were tomorrow...BAM!!! :D

sounds to me like UVAOBSERVER is just another Tazewell native that is tired of the BLUES domination of SWVA and is expressing his hatred!

LOL, you serious? Graham-UVA-Penn State, in that order. Which you might've known if you'd visit this site more than to make more than 2 posts in the last 6 years...

What I AM is a realist, and having paid attention to what happens east of Roanoke, I'm calling it like I see it.

Don't know how I missed this post before.