Region III, Division 3

RichlandsAlum

Whomever makes it out of Region IV will likely be hosting Brookville or Northside in the state semifinals. Neither of these two look like world beaters (Brookville's undefeated record has as much to do with the lesser quality of play in the Seminole District this year as anything else). Of the two, Brookville is probably more dangerous because they're a little bit better than they were last season and they have strong motivation to avenge their loss to Richlands.

The Region IV title shouldn't be conceded to Richlands (which is why I started with my "whomever" statement). Keep an eye on Martinsville. They've improved quite a bit since last year and odd things can happen on any given night.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect to see Northside travel to Richlands for the state semifinal game.

Brookville does not have the toughest schedule but they have done a good job of taking care of business.

Northside is undefeated against a murderous schedule despite only having 4 starters on defense healthy for the last month.

Also, Northside has a very active scouting dept. They have had people at every Brookville, Cave Spring and Richlands game this year.

Brookville does not have the toughest schedule but they have done a good job of taking care of business.

Northside is undefeated against a murderous schedule despite only having 4 starters on defense healthy for the last month.

Also, Northside has a very active scouting dept. They have had people at every Brookville, Cave Spring and Richlands game this year.

They could save money and scout Richlands on YouTube...

i'm a little worried that Richlands might get in the playoffs against a legit team and find themselves a little punch drunk...they have not had much resistance this year.

I think Cave Spring will provide some resistance.....But Richlands will still win by 2 scores.

I have seen both teams this year. They have similar backs in Johnson and Wright but I think Richlands has better coaching and a little better passing attack.

i'm a little worried that Richlands might get in the playoffs against a legit team and find themselves a little punch drunk...they have not had much resistance this year.

Everybody thought the same thing last year too.

Everybody thought the same thing last year too.

seems like everyone is a little more down this year though...Richlands has been on cruise control for the second half most of the year....just hope they dont come out a little flat in the playoffs.

seems like everyone is a little more down this year though...Richlands has been on cruise control for the second half most of the year....just hope they dont come out a little flat in the playoffs.

We have been on cruise control, no doubt about that. Though I do think Mance and his staff will keep them from coming out flat. They just have to keep coming out every week and do what they do best. The difference between this year and last is we have had a close call this year. We didn't have that last year until the playoffs. That will pay divedends later on.

Wouldn't say that Northside has a "murderous" schedule. Best three are Cave Spring, Salem and Rockbridge Co. Alleghany has a couple of wins of Div. 1 teams and Rockbridge was able to gain a 2 point win over them. William Byrd got handled by the CS, HV, Brookville and Salem and only lost to Northside by a point Friday night. Here is the records of Northside's opponents:

Defeated Amherst County - 20-14 - Amherst's record (3-4)

Defeated Pulaski County 17-9 - Pulaski's record (0-8)

Defeated Cave Spring 45-21 - Cave Spring's record (6-2)

Defeated Hidden Valley 21-17 - HV's record (5-3 )

Defeated Salem 23-17 - Salem's record (5-3)

Defeated Alleghany 42-21 - Alleghany's record (3-5)

Defeated Staunton River 42-0 - River's record (4-4)

Defeated William Byrd - 21-20 - Byrd's record (3-5)

Rockbridge County (7-1)

Lord Botetourt (3-5)

Not by any means bragging on the strength of Richlands schedule. Just trying to show that other "AA Powers" haven't played a "murderous" schedule as advertised.

Wouldn't say that Northside has a "murderous" schedule. Best three are Cave Spring, Salem and Rockbridge Co. Alleghany has a couple of wins of Div. 1 teams and Rockbridge was able to gain a 2 point win over them. William Byrd got handled by the CS, HV, Brookville and Salem and only lost to Northside by a point Friday night. Here is the records of Northside's opponents:

Defeated Amherst County - 20-14 - Amherst's record (3-4)

Defeated Pulaski County 17-9 - Pulaski's record (0-8)

Defeated Cave Spring 45-21 - Cave Spring's record (6-2)

Defeated Hidden Valley 21-17 - HV's record (5-3 )

Defeated Salem 23-17 - Salem's record (5-3)

Defeated Alleghany 42-21 - Alleghany's record (3-5)

Defeated Staunton River 42-0 - River's record (4-4)

Defeated William Byrd - 21-20 - Byrd's record (3-5)

Rockbridge County (7-1)

Lord Botetourt (3-5)

Not by any means bragging on the strength of Richlands schedule. Just trying to show that other "AA Powers" haven't played a "murderous" schedule as advertised.

Richlands toughest opponent was Pulaski. Northside's weekest was Pulaski.

Cave Spring is actually one of Northside's weekest opponents also.

Just like Richlands other schools cannot control their district schedule but when your out of district consists of Salem, Amherst, Pulaski, Cave and Hidden Valley...... and you make it thru undefeated I would say that would be murderous for most little division 3 teams.

yeah...i smell trouble.

There are certain things on our side should this Northside/Richlands game occur. It will be on a Saturday at 1pm-ish. It would be here. That puts them leaving Roanoke around 8-8:30ish. That's really early. It's a long bus ride down here as well. And we will have our usual 12th man. No one gave us a chance against Liberty-Bedford or Brookville either.

There are certain things on our side should this Northside/Richlands game occur. It will be on a Saturday at 1pm-ish. It would be here. That puts them leaving Roanoke around 8-8:30ish. That's really early. It's a long bus ride down here as well. And we will have our usual 12th man. No one gave us a chance against Liberty-Bedford or Brookville either.

i'm not saying i dont give you guys a chance...just smells like trouble...you might come out and roll it over by half time like every other game this year...but, just have to wonder what will happen when you get up against a good team that's been playing other good teams, and winning.

i'm not saying i dont give you guys a chance...just smells like trouble...you might come out and roll it over by half time like every other game this year...but, just have to wonder what will happen when you get up against a good team that's been playing other good teams, and winning.

Hear this bullshit every year! I think Richlands has proven year after year they can play with the big boys regardless of there weak schedule.Think u need to be a little more worried about your golden wave losing to someone in that tough district you got lol.COME ON MAN!!

I think Northside learned their lesson with Pulaski on Saturday games.

They left Pulaski on Friday night after the thunderstorm at 11pm and was back on the bus at 730 the next morning to fight Va Tech traffic for a 1pm game and played rather sluggishly.

They will be in the Richlands area on Friday evening if they make it past Brookville.

I'm not trying to say that Northside played all top 10 teams this year but it is tough to go undefeated against their schedule.

Richlands also has a very impressive string of regular season wins so i would think that most Blues fans know what it take to come out on top every week. Afterall, when teams show up to play the elite teams like Richlands and Northside it is their Super Bowl.

I look forward to the State semifinal game as it will probably be a matchup of two teams that have not lost this season.

I know. And I didnt really mean to quote you on that last post. Thought I quoted Sleepin Nuts :S You, if anybody, have been quite supportive of us over the years in the playoffs. I just love how no one give us a chance against "them Roanoke boys". We will find out in about 5 weeks just how good we are.

Northside and Brookville are just like Richlands, they all have 15, 16, 17 & 18 year old Kids on their team. Richlands has facilities the same, if not better than these schools, And most important, our kids have Coaches that make sure they are in the weight room as soon as the last game of the year is played! We cant control Abingdon, Marion, Tazewell, Pulaski Co, Patrick County, Carroll County, and so on's overall records. I'd love if we would play Bluefield, Christiansburg and one of Roanoke's top teams every regular season, but if we did and one of those teams were having a bad season, everyone would still yell Weak schedule.

I know. And I didnt really mean to quote you on that last post. Thought I quoted Sleepin Nuts :S You, if anybody, have been quite supportive of us over the years in the playoffs. I just love how no one give us a chance against "them Roanoke boys". We will find out in about 5 weeks just how good we are.

Ryan, I'm certainly not saying Richlands doesn't have chance. I was just pointing out to someone else's post who Richlands may be playing.

I have seen Cave twice and Richlands twice. I think Richlands wins easily.

I have also seen Brookville and Northside twice this year.

I don't know who will win in Region 3 but either way the two teams that meet in Richlands for the state semifinals will each be seeing the best team they have seen all year.

In fact I think the winner of that game will win the state championship.

Yes, I would say that Richlands has the best chance of any team to win it all because they will be at home and there is not much risk that Cave will slow them down.

Richlands' schedule is a joke. Period. But, there isn't anything that can be done about that now. The players and coaches have done what needs to be done week in and week out and it has showed. Schedules will not matter when who ever takes the field on that given day. And, I know that everyone loves to talk about the what if's but there is one regular season rivalry game and at least 2 playoff games to get through before then. One week at a time.

I think the winner of that game will win the state championship.

This statement bothers me. For whoever gets there. One must expect the other side of the State is just as good as ours. Its proven itself many times. Thing is the way we are divided we get very little info or crossups to compare on what's going on over there.

Have you got any good sports news sources for the other side of the State, feels more like it is another State. Would be good to look inside all 4 divisons at once.

Hear this bullshit every year! I think Richlands has proven year after year they can play with the big boys regardless of there weak schedule.Think u need to be a little more worried about your golden wave losing to someone in that tough district you got lol.COME ON MAN!!

Dont put the BDD down too much, I think this years BDD champ could probably finish 2nd in that dominating AA district Richlands is in. lol

Richlands will their hands full in the playoffs, I think thats all anyone is saying.

shut up and learn to read.