And this is why police officers are hated by minorities/youth...

It's not a valid pretext for hating the police, just as me getting bad service from a single McDonald's cashier in Pennsylvania isn't a valid pretext for me hating all McDonald's cashiers. This is one of those "less than 1% of cops act this way" sort of deals.

Now, I never said I hated police, just stating why police now a days get a bad rap. This goes along with anything in today's society. Now a days, all our ears are filled with is bad news, rarley hearing from the good side.

I am medically retired from the military and will respect all those who serve and have served our public and country. Just posting this to show that some people need no power what so ever.

Now, I never said I hated police, just stating why police now a days get a bad rap. This goes along with anything in today's society. Now a days, all our ears are filled with is bad news, rarley hearing from the good side.

I am medically retired from the military and will respect all those who serve and have served our public and country. Just posting this to show that some people need no power what so ever.

I completely agree with your final point. Some people need to be quite far away from positions of power. For example, that judge in Texas that's garnering quite a bit of media attention.

I cannot agree, however, with the rationale that this in any way justifies hatred of the police. That's all. :)

It's not a valid pretext for hating the police, just as me getting bad service from a single McDonald's cashier in Pennsylvania isn't a valid pretext for me hating all McDonald's cashiers. This is one of those "less than 1% of cops act this way" sort of deals.

But you have to admit that more and more stories like this one have been coming out lately. I know that these jerks do not represent all police officers, but it does cast a dark shadow over all of them. The bigger problem is, that they all seem to back each other up no matter how wrong they are. Take the large ticket-fixing trial that is going on in NYC. Hundreds of off duty cops showed up to protest the arraignment of 16 fellow officers that were being indicted on 1600 criminal counts. (Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/29/nyregion/officers-unleash-anger-at-ticket-fixing-arraignments-in-the-bronx.html?pagewanted=all)

How did they get the impression that they are above the law? In my opinion they should be held to a higher standards and should face stiffer penalties for using their power to commit crimes against civilians.

I completely agree with your final point. Some people need to be quite far away from positions of power. For example, that judge in Texas that's garnering quite a bit of media attention.

I cannot agree, however, with the rationale that this in any way justifies hatred of the police. That's all. :)

It may not be a justifiable reason for people to hate the police, but stories like this do tend to make people hate the police anyway (not saying it does to everyone, but more than enough). Not the best example, but it's kinda like how one or two fans of a certain team on here make many people not like the team they "represent" just because of their actions. It shouldn't work that way, but it does.

But you have to admit that more and more stories like this one have been coming out lately.

I don't know about that....I've heard stories my whole life. You're always going to have a few guys in that profession just so they can attain a little power.

I don't know about that....I've heard stories my whole life. You're always going to have a few guys in that profession just so they can attain a little power.

I never said that it hasn't always happened. I am just saying that more stories are coming out nowadays, probably because of social media and everyone carrying a video camera (cell phone) around in their pocket. I didn't mean that they are necessarily happening at a greater rate.

That is the mother of all Ban Hammer graphics.......All Hail the Ban Hammer!!!

Hammer would kill instantly....the stick would be a more tortoreus slow painful death...probably choose the Hammer!!!:)

I never said that it hasn't always happened. I am just saying that more stories are coming out nowadays, probably because of social media and everyone carrying a video camera (cell phone) around in their pocket. I didn't mean that they are necessarily happening at a greater rate.

I gotcha....