Hurley @ Honaker -- Round 2

rebel1

Let me break this down for you, you guys were "worldbeaters" last year and then ran into the Gate City buzzsaw. The year before that, well you know where I'm going with this....

You are going to be hard pressed to get people to "cheer" your team because of your arrogance. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him... The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

Last year last weeks today you get where I'm going , history. I'm thinking JIB now. I don't play my son does and this is last year in high school and looking at college ball. As far as your quote, sounds like good advice for you. My favorite quote...if you don't have a dog in the fight stay out or take a chance of getting bit.

Thanks strips for your input and safety is good.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't actually know that Honaker won this game, you would've thought they lost with all the whining they are doing.

Yep, but it also sounds like some people cant stand that Honaker beat Hurley in football again.

Cooper talked the ref into getting 1 more play. lol jk

I posted this before I read all the posts... my bad but it's just my opinion and looks like everybody has one!!! lol

thats not a joke 3 officials ( the one on clock side of the field, the one in the Hurley backfield, including the white top gave the signal to end the half and then they talked to tester after Honaker went to the locker room and then they changed it and brought them back out.... now the right call was made to give them another play because on the incomplete pass I looked up at the clock and there was tenths of the last second that ran off ... but my problem was that the refs gave the signal to end the half and overturned it ... that don't happen often. It was the right call. Those 4 calls at the end were just weird. The first was a legit false start, one was the equipment call (mouthpiece not fastened) that the kid said he was not warned, then the illegal motion that Hall (QB) was NOT set under center when the ref through the flag ( I was at the fence with a clear view), and then the assisting the runner call which I have never seen in any game and IMO was a bit picky because they could call that alot more if they wanted but I guess technically it was legit.

Edited by OrangeStreak

Oh yeah, wanted to give two thumbs up to the sportsmanship from #25 from Hurley. Saw several occasions where he showed great sportsmanship and that kinda thing is noticed and respected!! Again congrats on a great season to Hurley!!!

Noones talking about the late hit that wasnt called on coopers big run where the got the block in the back penalty, cooper was 3 yards out of bounds when he was hit and that shouldve been off setting. The punt wasnt touched and shouldve been a penalty and another issue was the scorekeeper continued to let the clock run because with 3 minutes to go they ran 2 plays for about 3 yards and was able to run close to 2 minutes off the clock. Last time i checked it doesnt take long to run a dive up the middle and the ref to get the ball set.So someone please explain to me why the ref set the ball and waited about 15 to 20 seconds before allowing the play clock to run. I was hoping for the upset, but wasnt really that worried about the outcome either way just hoping the bdd is successful but the more I watched the more frustrated I got about the way the game went and dissappointed to see the officials play that big of a role in the outcome of a game. But for what its worth great game by both teams and the hot dogs were very good.

Why were you at the game if you wasnt worried about the outcome?

the refs did what it took to let honaker move on to next week and thats sad when you are in a close game like this and the refs has the final outcome

ROMEO your an idiot,refs gave hurley a td before the half,and took one away from Honaker,next time watch the game with your eyes open!

After the qb was slowing down because he was out of bounds he got drove to the ground.

He wasn't out of bounds, if you are talking about the one where he was hurt, it was a legal hit and the #5 kid went down and got the ball in the gut which knocked the breath out of him...he got up and couldn't breathe...took a few deep breaths and he was fine...it happens...had nothing to do with a dirty hit.

The hit out of bounds that was flagged, i agree was a late hit...refs made the right call on that one.

ROMEO your an idiot,refs gave hurley a td before the half,and took one away from Honaker,next time watch the game with your eyes open!

refs didn't give hurley anything...unless by "give" you mean they put time on the clock that shouldn't have been run off in the first place.

He wasn't out of bounds, if you are talking about the one where he was hurt, it was a legal hit and the #5 kid went down and got the ball in the gut which knocked the breath out of him...he got up and couldn't breathe...took a few deep breaths and he was fine...it happens...had nothing to do with a dirty hit.

The hit out of bounds that was flagged, i agree was a late hit...refs made the right call on that one.

refs didn't give hurley anything...unless by "give" you mean they put time on the clock that shouldn't have been run off in the first place.

Time back on the clock is what i meant,they scored the td,it was not give to them should not have been given that chance though.You got a picture of that 1 second on that clock ?or was you too busy eating them HOTDOGS!

Time back on the clock is what i meant,they scored the td,it was not give to them should not have been given that chance though.You got a picture of that 1 second on that clock ?or was you too busy eating them HOTDOGS!

i was eating a hot dog and watching the game at that point...hot dogs were excellent by the way.

Thanks, I told you they were.

i also had some nachos, excellent as well. Wanted to get a funnel cake, but decided to skip it. ..looked good though. I was impressed, good quality stadium food.

i also had some nachos, excellent as well. Wanted to get a funnel cake, but decided to skip it. ..looked good though. I was impressed, good quality stadium food.

We don't serve the funnel cakes. The other end does. I have had one and they are good also, but our dogs are better. Glad you liked them.

We don't serve the funnel cakes. The other end does. I have had one and they are good also, but our dogs are better. Glad you liked them.

saw some other people walking around with some sort of fried chips...will have to try those next time as well.

Guest king kone
saw some other people walking around with some sort of fried chips...will have to try those next time as well.

Those were the bomb........

i was eating a hot dog and watching the game at that point...hot dogs were excellent by the way.

Dont see how you can eat take pic and watch the game at the same time by some of your commits you mist alot of the game

Those are great also. Honaker has some of the best concessions around, especially the deep fried stuff...........not that I would know about good deep fried food......:D

Dont think english classes help you watch a football game and know what happen

no, but they sure do if you plan on going online afterwards and talking about it.

Which one of my "commits" did you not agree with?