Tim Tebow

-oo-

Here's ya a stat. Tebows QBR (QB Rating) is 35.5 for the season. That's terrible. In the first 51 minutes of games, it's 15.7. In the last 9, it's 94.5. In OT it's 16.1.

I see what the problem is now you care about the QBR and all of those other crap stats all the rest of us care about is WINNING.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
Here's ya a stat. Tebows QBR (QB Rating) is 35.5 for the season. That's terrible. In the first 51 minutes of games, it's 15.7. In the last 9, it's 94.5. In OT it's 16.1.

QBR is a fad. Passer Rating matters and will be around long after everyone has forgotten about the QBR.

I see what the problem is now you care about the QBR and all of those other crap stats all the rest of us care about is WINNING.

The thing is, his luck will run out. One of these days he won't be able to come back. One of these days he'll quit winning every game. Then what will everyone go off of? His stats.

The thing is, his luck will run out. One of these days he won't be able to come back. One of these days he'll quit winning every game. Then what will everyone go off of? His stats.

Your belief that his very long history of winning in high school, college, and now in the NFL is "luck". I prefer to believe that he is highly favored and blessed by God. He has always had success, and will always be a success in whatever he endeavors imho. Nobody has claimed he is the best quarteback to ever grace the NFL, but he IS a winner. Maybe it isn't in his future to break every passing record...but he will always be a winner.

Guest The Variable

Joe Montana, who everyone knows is the greatest QB of all time, holds no passing records that I am aware of.

He has won 3 superbowl MVPs. Nobody else has done that.

Won 4 superbowls.

He didnt have the prettiest pass, or the strongest arm. In fact he was very UNremarkable in regards to his mechanics. But the man was the calmest QB under pressure and the abilty to win when it counted. He beat Dan Marino, John Elway and Boomer Esiason (twice). He never lost a superbowl.

The most important stat is the W.

Edited by The Variable

Joe Montana, who everyone knows is the greatest QB of all time, holds no passing records that I am aware of.

He has won 3 superbowl MVPs. Nobody else has done that.

Won 4 superbowls.

He didnt have the prettiest pass, or the strongest arm. In fact he was very UNremarkable in regards to his mechanics. But the man was the calmest QB under pressure and the abilty to win when it counted. He beat Dan Marino, John Elway and Boomer Esiason (twice). He never lost a superbowl.

The most important stat is the W.

Actually, the first was Ken Anderson, not Boomer Esiason, but the point stands.

It was once said: "We didn't love Joe Montana for putting up stats. We loved him for winning Super Bowls and banging hot blondes." Their words, not mine, but I think it's accurate.

The NFL and all its pundits try to put players in a box and tell us what a winner looks like.

Terry Bradshaw - A dumb hick who couldn't keep his cool under pressure.

Roger Staubach - Runs too much and is a "holy roller."

Ken Stabler - Erratic arm and too much of a party guy.

Joe Theismann - Too short

Drew Brees - Too short, weak arm

Just some examples of guys with rings who shouldn't have won according to the experts early in their careers

What I see in Tebow that captures my attention is his ability to lead, his absolute faith in his God given ability and his drive. Those things are infectious to a team. There is no doubt that this team plays better with Tebow at QB than they did for Orton.

I find the polarizing factor of Tebow fascinating. There is no middle ground. I have come to the conclusion that he truly is what he appears to be - a good man of strong faith. If that bugs folks so be it.

The NFL and all its pundits try to put players in a box and tell us what a winner looks like.

Terry Bradshaw - A dumb hick who couldn't keep his cool under pressure.

Roger Staubach - Runs too much and is a "holy roller."

Ken Stabler - Erratic arm and too much of a party guy.

Joe Theismann - Too short

Drew Brees - Too short, weak arm

Just some examples of guys with rings who shouldn't have won according to the experts early in their careers

What I see in Tebow that captures my attention is his ability to lead, his absolute faith in his God given ability and his drive. Those things are infectious to a team. There is no doubt that this team plays better with Tebow at QB than they did for Orton.

I find the polarizing factor of Tebow fascinating. There is no middle ground. I have come to the conclusion that he truly is what he appears to be - a good man of strong faith. If that bugs folks so be it.

Out of all 330 posts, this is the best in the thread.

Fact is, Tim Tebow is a normal guy just like us. The media and everything has blown him up into something that is either love or hate, with no in between. He holds no weight into how much people love him, hate him, or don't care about him. He is passionate about something and is good at it. Like someone else said in this thread, you don't just wake up one morning and be an NFL QB, you HAVE to be good. He can't help what everyone says about him or that he is talked about 24/7. I would consider myself a fan of Tebow (I like to see him do well) and even I get sick of all the stuff about him that just won't go away (like this thread). But, at the same time, I have to step back and realize that he isn't doing this himself. It is ESPN and Ryan4VT (jk jk).

I think this stuff is ridiculous because people are acting like whether he beats the Pats by 30, wins in OT, or loses this game, it is automatically going to solidify his position as a good or bad QB and should end the argument. Should he lose, people will get off all on the sole fact of seeing him fail... one time. Every QB other than Aaron Rodgers, no matter how good/bad/lucky/unlucky they are, has lost at least three times this season. The sky won't fall if/when Tom Brady and the Pats, a playoff team with a shot at another Super Bowl, happen to knock off Tebow and the Broncos.

Newsflash: Tebow isn't going anywhere any time soon so I wouldn't waste my time loving or hating him.

I think this stuff is ridiculous because people are acting like whether he beats the Pats by 30, wins in OT, or loses this game, it is automatically going to solidify his position as a good or bad QB and should end the argument. Should he lose, people will get off all on the sole fact of seeing him fail... one time. Every QB other than Aaron Rodgers, no matter how good/bad/lucky/unlucky they are, has lost at least three times this season. The sky won't fall if/when Tom Brady and the Pats, a playoff team with a shot at another Super Bowl, happen to knock off Tebow and the Broncos.

I agree that one loss or win won't "solidify" him as a QB. He is more or less a wildcat QB, but playing QB full time. Will it work? Who knows. I don't think it will. Obviously some think it will.

As I said in the other Tebow thread, this thread is fun for me. That's all.