Tim Tebow

-oo-

If you watch ESPNs First Take with the infamous Skip Bayless you will know the ongoing debate about Tim Tebow. I just wanted to know all of your opinions. Does Tim Tebow deserve credit and do you think the Broncos are setting him up to fail??

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch ESPNs First Take with the infamous Skip Bayless you will know the ongoing debate about Tim Tebow. I just wanted to know all of your opinions. Does Tim Tebow deserve credit and do you think the Broncos are setting him up to fail??

I think Tebow does deserve some credit. When he plays, the Broncos win. When he hasn't, they've been fairly lethargic. Honestly, the only major flaw I'm finding in his game right now is his completion percentage. It's a HUGE one, but he still threw out a 98 passer rating to go with over 100 rushing yards.

He's like an infinitely more cerebral Vince Young. Stats will never "wow" you, but when he's in, they win.

I think Tebow does deserve some credit. When he plays, the Broncos win. When he hasn't, they've been fairly lethargic. Honestly, the only major flaw I'm finding in his game right now is his completion percentage. It's a HUGE one, but he still threw out a 98 passer rating to go with over 100 rushing yards.

He's like an infinitely more cerebral Vince Young. Stats will never "wow" you, but when he's in, they win.

Couldn't have said it any better. Tebow catches so much flack and it is hardly warranted. Plain and simple, Tebow is a winner. He doesn't have the best skill set regarding anything remotely QB, but he is a competitor and just flat out wins. I wouldn't be upset at all to have him on my team. A great player and teammate, that is all.

Add me to the list of naysayers. I just don't see it in him. Granted he's 2-1 as a starting QB, but his wins were against the Fins and the Raiders. Detroit ate him up. If he happens to pan out and win a few playoff games, maybe even a Super Bowl, then I'll gladly admit to being way wrong. But until then, I'm not sold.

I'm not a Tebow lover or hater. I'm in the middle. I don't think he is a great NFL quarterback but if he finishes the season with a winning record then I will give him his props.

Add me to the list of naysayers. I just don't see it in him. Granted he's 2-1 as a starting QB, but his wins were against the Fins and the Raiders. Detroit ate him up. If he happens to pan out and win a few playoff games, maybe even a Super Bowl, then I'll gladly admit to being way wrong. But until then, I'm not sold.

So what your saying is if he doesn't do it in the playoffs hes not a good QB?

Guest The Variable

I guess that means Tom Brady isnt any good anymore.

Guest The Variable
Yea if thats the measuring stick Brady And Manning Here As of Late Are At The Bottom Of The QB List.

Fire Matt Schaub, hes never made it to the playoffs even.

No. I'm saying he has proven nothing to me other than he was one of the greatest college players of all time, in a system that was built for him. He hasn't impressed me in the NFL as of yet. Everyone plays him up to be the next best thing. And I just don't see it. He's a winner, but being a winner in NCAA vs NFL are lightyears different. They play the Cheifs Sunday. Let's see how he follows up his "decent" day against the Raiders.

Guest The Variable
No. I'm saying he has proven nothing to me other than he was one of the greatest college players of all time, in a system that was built for him. He hasn't impressed me in the NFL as of yet. Everyone plays him up to be the next best thing. And I just don't see it. He's a winner, but being a winner in NCAA vs NFL are lightyears different. They play the Cheifs Sunday. Let's see how he follows up his "decent" day against the Raiders.

Decent? It was a little better than that. He didnt throw any picks did he? 100+ running yards? Thats a good day for a RB plus he had a couple of TD passes.

Decent? It was a little better than that. He didnt throw any picks did he? 100+ running yards? Thats a good day for a RB plus he had a couple of TD passes.

But look at who he played. The Raiders, who have the 26th ranked defense. He should have done more in my eyes. Just my opinion. Once he plays a good game against a good D, I'll give him some props.

But look at who he played. The Raiders, who have the 26th ranked defense. He should have done more in my eyes. Just my opinion. Once he plays a good game against a good D, I'll give him some props.

Don't hate on the Silver and Black. Lookin alot better than the horseshoes right now. A win over the Raiders by any team in the west is earned. Just due to the intense rivalry. Don't underestimate Tebow, what he lacks in skill, he makes up for in heart and desire. He would make a nice Raider.

I know that you can't teach accuracy, and Tebow misses ALOT of open receivers. Think the guy is a great person, but he's not a NFL quaterback. You can get away with that in college, but not in the NFL. He wont be around too long.

Guest The Variable
I know that you can't teach accuracy, and Tebow misses ALOT of open receivers. Think the guy is a great person, but he's not a NFL quaterback. You can get away with that in college, but not in the NFL. He wont be around too long.

And yet he IS an NFL QB...starting.

Guest The Variable
He is an awful qb, with a terrible completion percentage. He's not gonna be able to get away with running the football forever.

And yet he is an NFL quarterback who is starting.

BTW, what you said here is exactly what they said about Vick when he got in.

Save these comments for a time where they can come off as insightful.

Guest The Variable
He had what 120 some odd yards last game? Who has he beaten that is actually worth anything? When he actually played a good team he got handled plain and simple.

The Chargers might disagree with that assessment of the Raiders D.

Tebow and Vick are two very different types of running qbs. Vick is blazing fast and smart in not trying to take as many hits. Tebow on the other hand makes stupid decision constantly in taking too much contact. I could go all day with this Tebow isn't a good qb.