Tim Tebow

-oo-

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip Bayless and Cris Carter have been back and forth about Tebow for 18 minutes now. Amazing. Cris had a great point. "There are two things that matter in this league as far as quarterbacks go. 1, can you get me to the playoffs, and 2, can you win me a Super Bowl. If your QB can't do those two things, you're wasting your time and money. And Tebow can't do either of those."

I agree with that statement.

He's had less than a full season. It's like me saying "Logan Thomas is completely incapable of winning VT an Orange Bowl". Even I'm not that stupid, and Cris Carter (someone who I thought had more intelligence than that) should know better.

He's had less than a full season. It's like me saying "Logan Thomas is completely incapable of winning VT an Orange Bowl". Even I'm not that stupid, and Cris Carter (someone who I thought had more intelligence than that) should know better.

I honestly can't see him winning a Playoff game. He went 2-8. Didn't complete a pass until the 3rd quarter, and it was against a team who is so injury-depleated, he should have put up his Florida numbers. I'm just not sold, at all.

I honestly can't see him winning a Playoff game. He went 2-8. Didn't complete a pass until the 3rd quarter, and it was against a team who is so injury-depleated, he should have put up his Florida numbers. I'm just not sold, at all.

I definitely understand not being sold on someone who completes single-digit passes. Totally understand...

I definitely understand not being sold on someone who completes single-digit passes. Totally understand...

I can't help but feel that your comment is some sort of sly remark towards LT. Lol. Am I right?

No, it was LT. But Painter, too. Just awful. Legitimate 0-16 threat, something I'd never have guessed.

I figured it was LT. ECU game? Maybe? I can't remember stats that far back. Lol.

As for Painter, want to know his season stats?? I don't really care if you want to know, lol, I'm gonna tell ya anyways.

8 games played. 117-214 54.7% comp. 1315 5 TD 7 INT Sacked 14 times for -96 yrds. 4 fumbles, 3 lost.

That is a TERRIBLE stat line for ANY starting QB in the NFL.

I figured it was LT. ECU game? Maybe? I can't remember stats that far back. Lol.

As for Painter, want to know his season stats?? I don't really care if you want to know, lol, I'm gonna tell ya anyways.

8 games played. 117-214 54.7% comp. 1315 5 TD 7 INT Sacked 14 times for -96 yrds. 4 fumbles, 3 lost.

That is a TERRIBLE stat line for ANY starting QB in the NFL.

LT completed just 7 passes against GT. But it's OK, because the 6 incompletions couldn't have possibly been his fault...

I partly kid.

Painter's stats are truly atrocious.

LT completed just 7 passes against GT. But it's OK, because the 6 incompletions couldn't have possibly been his fault...

I partly kid.

Painter's stats are truly atrocious.

Oh yeah. Thats right. Hahah. Shows just how consumed with Painter I am. Lol. Gerrard is out there, cut Collins, get Gerrard, and go WIN A GAME!!!! Shew. My blood is boiling. We can go 1-15 and still get Luck. Every team has 2 wins but us. Though I'd like to see us run the table the rest of the way.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl even though he ended his career with a 70.2 passer rating.......nuff said.

That's not to sat that every QB that has won one is a world-beater (Trent Dilfer) or that if you don't win one you aren't worth anything (Marino).

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl even though he ended his career with a 70.2 passer rating.......nuff said.

I made mention of Dilfer in an earlier post. And believe me, I'm not saying Dilfer was a "great" QB. But he won a ring. Mostly thanks to his D. But he has a ring nonetheless. Tebow, however, isn't near as good as Dilfer, IMO.

For the Ryanster...:D

(BTW have had the Denver Post bookmarked since Tebow was drafted)

Also, Knoshown Moreno out with ACL...

excerpt:

The score remained 10-7 with less than seven minutes remaining, at which point Tebow was 1-of-7 passing for 13 yards.

Then, as only Tebow can seemingly do in the fourth quarter, the lefty whipped a beautiful 56-yard touchdown pass to wideout Eric Decker, who beat the lulled K.C. secondary.

It was Decker's only catch of the game. Tebow sat on his 2-of-8 passing game from there. Tebow had himself a rushing touchdown, a passing touchdown and a 102.6 passer rating. And he has a 3-1 record this season as a starting quarterback. All three of those wins are on the road.

Read more: Broncos defeat Chiefs 17-10, winning back-to-back games for first time since 2009 -

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19328138

I made mention of Dilfer in an earlier post. And believe me, I'm not saying Dilfer was a "great" QB. But he won a ring. Mostly thanks to his D. But he has a ring nonetheless. Tebow, however, isn't near as good as Dilfer, IMO.

I wasn't actually making a comparison of the two, although "isn't near as good as Dilfer" is something I wouldn't ever expect to hear. My point is that teams have won playoff games and Super Bowls without having an elite quarterback. It doesn't happen every year, but it does happen.

For the Ryanster...:D

(BTW have had the Denver Post bookmarked since Tebow was drafted)

Also, Knoshown Moreno out with ACL...

excerpt:

The score remained 10-7 with less than seven minutes remaining, at which point Tebow was 1-of-7 passing for 13 yards.

Then, as only Tebow can seemingly do in the fourth quarter, the lefty whipped a beautiful 56-yard touchdown pass to wideout Eric Decker, who beat the lulled K.C. secondary.

It was Decker's only catch of the game. Tebow sat on his 2-of-8 passing game from there. Tebow had himself a rushing touchdown, a passing touchdown and a 102.6 passer rating. And he has a 3-1 record this season as a starting quarterback. All three of those wins are on the road.

Read more: Broncos defeat Chiefs 17-10, winning back-to-back games for first time since 2009 -

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19328138

Those three teams are not "good" teams. The Raiders, Cheifs, and Dolphins are all mediocre, at best. Whoever wins the AFC West, be it Denver, KC, SD, or Oak, they will be eaten alive by the Wildcard team they face (probably the Steelers). He looks like Superman until you look at the teams he's faced and their respective Defensive stats.

I wasn't actually making a comparison of the two, although "isn't near as good as Dilfer" is something I wouldn't ever expect to hear. My point is that teams have won playoff games and Super Bowls without having an elite quarterback. It doesn't happen every year, but it does happen.

No doubt that it does happen, and even if he pulls a Dilfer-like mirace and wins a Super Bowl, it won't be because of his ability. It would be something else, such as a great D, which the Broncos are far from having.

Guest The Variable
Those three teams are not "good" teams. The Raiders, Cheifs, and Dolphins are all mediocre, at best. Whoever wins the AFC West, be it Denver, KC, SD, or Oak, they will be eaten alive by the Wildcard team they face (probably the Steelers). He looks like Superman until you look at the teams he's faced and their respective Defensive stats.

Yeah because the Steelers do not have a record to losing to teams they should beat.

Yeah because the Steelers do not have a record to losing to teams they should beat.

They do, but they play in a far superior division than the AFC West. The AFC West this year is what the NFC West has been for several years, laughable.

...I can't believe I just defended the Steelers....I need a shower now. I'm dirty. Lmao

Edited by Ryan4VT

Tebow NEEDS to pick up his completion percentage..... He can be a good quarterback if he wants to be....

No he can't. He WANTS to be a good QB now, but his unGodly long release and his inability to hit open recievers is limiting him terribly.

Ryan why do you keep making excuses to make his wins look as if anyone could have beat those teams because that is not true. The fact is he is winning football games plain and simple and as long as he keeps doing that nothing you can say makes sense you say he can not play qb well he has been for 4 weeks and only lost 1 game you say he can not throw his throws look really good when it counts all he has to do is WIN and he does that better than any of the other qbs on the roster.

Ryan why do you keep making excuses to make his wins look as if anyone could have beat those teams because that is not true. The fact is he is winning football games plain and simple and as long as he keeps doing that nothing you can say makes sense you say he can not play qb well he has been for 4 weeks and only lost 1 game you say he can not throw his throws look really good when it counts all he has to do is WIN and he does that better than any of the other qbs on the roster.

Because anyone Can. Put Brady on the Denver roster, Denver is 9-1. Put Tebow on the Pats, losing season. Same with 12-14 other QBs in the league. Sure, he wins games in a rather bad division (Raiders will win it, then proceed to take a dump in the playoffs). He can't win games in the AFC North. He can't win games in the NFC North. He is a product of that little system he's in. Which is all fine and dandy. But he's not a great QB. Plain and simple.