Tim Tebow

-oo-

he wasn't supposed to be a QB, but since his first few days of practice he's been with the QB's. so technically he has spent his entire time their learning the QB position lol

He's played some TE at VT too. Even caught a TD from Tyrod last year.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he didn't prove one single thing to me other than that he has the "win" factor.

You probably didn't word this quite the way you wanted. I don't know what qualities your quarterback has to have, but the "'win' factor" is the only one that matters to me.

For the record, I'm not convinced on Tebow either....

Guest The Variable
That's exactly what they are doing with him. Difference between him and Tebow? Thomas has just 11 starts as a collegiate QB. He wasn't even supposed to be a QB, so it's not like he has spent his entire time there learning the QB duites, and reads and such. But yes, we are definitely limiting what LT does in the passing game to limit his rookie mistakes. No doubt.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt Tebow not supposed to be a QB either?

Exactly if im not mistaken he was 4th string qb and was going to be used in a hb/fb position in ceartain packages. Ryan must be just one of those people that want to see him fail and since that is not happening he is looking for every excuse in the world to try diminish what he is doing. Im sorry but the only trait i want from my QB is WINNING games.

Exactly if im not mistaken he was 4th string qb and was going to be used in a hb/fb position in ceartain packages. Ryan must be just one of those people that want to see him fail and since that is not happening he is looking for every excuse in the world to try diminish what he is doing. Im sorry but the only trait i want from my QB is WINNING games.

I swear, every Tebow "mark" says the exact same thing. All he does is win. I understand that he is winning currently. But as I said before, it's Not because he is that good. Because he's not. Their D is playing exceptionally well and keeping scores low. Look at the scores:

18-15 over Miami

45-10 beating to Detroit

38-24 over Raiders

17-10 over Cheifs

17-13 over Jets

With the exception of the Raiders game, they haven't scored over 18 points. Their D keeps them in low scoring games, and that's how they win. When a decent team (not the Raiders) put up 24-28 on them, they can't hang. Simply because the O isn't good enough due to injuries and Tebows lack of skill.

Guest The Variable
I swear, every Tebow "mark" says the exact same thing. All he does is win. I understand that he is winning currently. But as I said before, it's Not because he is that good. Because he's not. Their D is playing exceptionally well and keeping scores low. Look at the scores:

18-15 over Miami

45-10 beating to Detroit

38-24 over Raiders

17-10 over Cheifs

17-13 over Jets

With the exception of the Raiders game, they haven't scored over 18 points. Their D keeps them in low scoring games, and that's how they win. When a decent team (not the Raiders) put up 24-28 on them, they can't hang. Simply because the O isn't good enough due to injuries and Tebows lack of skill.

True, but its not like the Broncos have an exceptional cast of offensive players complimenting him either. No TE, a decent-at-best running back. A pretty good slot reciever and an underachieving young reciever. All of the great QBs have a good TE to rely on. Brady has two. Tebow has nobody. He had Lloyd but they traded him.

Peyton = Dallas Clark

Brady = Hernandez and Gronkowski

Rodgers = Finley

Cassell = Moeaki

Romo = Whitten

Smith = Davis and Walker

ect, ect, ect.

You forget that the Broncos were losing with Orton. A loser team that hardly won any games last year is suddenly 4-1 with a new QB. Hate all you want but the results say that he is making a significant difference. Ill judge his QB skills better when he has a couple of worthwhile recievers. Trust me, Tebow is far down on the list of reasons why the offense in Denver is so ho-hum.

Edited by The Variable
Cutler/Orton, they all look the same to me.

O rly?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313180259

And there be more where that came from.

Man, that was Monmouth........

You won't see us scoring in the 90s in ACC play.

POINTS PER GAME 77.5 103rd

REBOUNDS PER GAME 41.0 84th

ASSISTS PER GAME 16.5 74th

FIELD GOAL PCT .510 56th

Those are national ranks. Not very good.

Edited by Ryan4VT

lol, Monmouth..

I agree with what he's saying. We get a few 80-90 point games ever so often. But I feel like over the last 5 years we hover in the 50's and 60's more often than we should.

You had 4 90+ point games last year, all wins. One of them was even in the ACC.

Be thankful for them. As long as Bennett is coaching here, we'll never score 90.

You had 4 90+ point games last year, all wins. One of them was even in the ACC.

Be thankful for them. As long as Bennett is coaching here, we'll never score 90.

Contrast that to Dook and UNC. How many 90+ games did they have??

Beats me. I bet some of the VT football fans around here might. You know what I mean. ;)

I know what ya mean. It seems like many, many VT football fans are Dook or UNC fans. And I'm yet to understand why. Lol.

I know what ya mean. It seems like many, many VT football fans are Dook or UNC fans. And I'm yet to understand why. Lol.

Yeah I don't get it either. For years I had to choose a team in the NCAA tourney to pull for because VT hardly ever made it and I needed a reason to watch but I was a die-hard VT fan all throughout the regular season. I know a lot of UT football fans who are also Duke basketball fans. But its usually folks who never attend either university that they're cheering for and treat their college sports like pro sports.

Still.. slightly unacceptable.

Yeah I don't get it either. For years I had to choose a team in the NCAA tourney to pull for because VT hardly ever made it and I needed a reason to watch but I was a die-hard VT fan all throughout the regular season. I know a lot of UT football fans who are also Duke basketball fans. But its usually folks who never attend either university that they're cheering for and treat their college sports like pro sports.

Still.. slightly unacceptable.

Exactly! I mean, I pull for a team in every Super Bowl, but I'm still a die hard Colts fan. Same for the BCS Champ, I pull for someone, but I'm still a die hard VT fan.

18-15 over Miami

45-10 beating to Detroit

38-24 over Raiders

17-10 over Cheifs

17-13 over Jets

Tired of all the busting on the Silver and Black. And for the AFC West to be weak, they are sure getting a heck of alot of attention lately. You have basically said that Tebow sucks. Yet all he does is win. So following that model, you also basically said that the Raiders suck. So don't be suprised when the Raiders "dump" a major player out of the playoffs. Not saying their Super Bowl bound, just good enough to force an exit of any team in the AFC. The Raiders have beaten the Texans (with Schaub) and the Jets, I would for one rather you just say that you were wrong and go about your way.

Tired of all the busting on the Silver and Black. And for the AFC West to be weak, they are sure getting a heck of alot of attention lately. You have basically said that Tebow sucks. Yet all he does is win. So following that model, you also basically said that the Raiders suck. So don't be suprised when the Raiders "dump" a major player out of the playoffs. Not saying their Super Bowl bound, just good enough to force an exit of any team in the AFC. The Raiders have beaten the Texans (with Schaub) and the Jets, I would for one rather you just say that you were wrong and go about your way.

To quote EH31 "SEC West > AFC West". Lmao. I would almost agree with that if not for the Raiders. I'm not saying the Raiders are trash. But to say they can hang with the other division leaders is a bit far fetched. They are 14 points worse than Pitt and New England. The AFC South winner will be gone in the wildcard round since Schaub is gone.

"I would for one rather you just say that you were wrong and go about your way."

Why would I admit to a crime I didn't commit? I'm not wrong yet on anything other than the Broncos beating te Jets. And I gave them their credit. But I still stand behind every word I've said about Tebow, and he will end up fizzling out just the way I said he will.

Guest The Variable
To quote EH31 "SEC West > AFC West". Lmao. I would almost agree with that if not for the Raiders. I'm not saying the Raiders are trash. But to say they can hang with the other division leaders is a bit far fetched. They are 14 points worse than Pitt and New England. The AFC South winner will be gone in the wildcard round since Schaub is gone.

"I would for one rather you just say that you were wrong and go about your way."

Why would I admit to a crime I didn't commit? I'm not wrong yet on anything other than the Broncos beating te Jets. And I gave them their credit. But I still stand behind every word I've said about Tebow, and he will end up fizzling out just the way I said he will.

You never answered my point about no supporting cast.

You never answered my point about no supporting cast.

My bad. Must've missed it. You are right about him having a "C"ish supporting cast. While he definitely doesn't have a Welker or Wallace, he has plenty of good "role players". They just need a star WR or RB.

My bad. Must've missed it. You are right about him having a "C"ish supporting cast. While he definitely doesn't have a Welker or Wallace, he has plenty of good "role players". They just need a star WR or RB.

So your are saying he has plenty of good role players they just need a RB and a WR ummmmm what else is there TE lol I bet you anything you can not name a WR for the broncos other than Royal.

Guest The Variable

Well hes not Manning or Brady, so hes not going to be the type of QB who can make better than average players look like superstars. I do not think anybody on here has said that. He needs a Wide outs who can make plays for him and a TE security blanket. Moreno is a good enough RB if he gets that kind of passing roster, especially since Tebow can run it himself. If his number stay the same then, Ill tell you he wasnt an NFL caliber QB. Also, remember not all QBs are good right off the bat. Rich Gannon and Matt Hasselbeck were both late bloomers who used maturity and experience to be pretty good QBs.

Guest The Variable
So your are saying he has plenty of good role players they just need a RB and a WR ummmmm what else is there TE lol I bet you anything you can not name a WR for the broncos other than Royal.

Decker is better than Royal. I still dont think Eddie Royal is a good wide out. Hes fast and decent on ST. I cant remember the name of that WR they drafted last year, he was supposed to be the new threat but has been a fizzle. Absolutely no TE support. You saw how much Peyton struggled once Clark was out.